TForce | INDY Contract Terms

And just what exactly are you waiting for , a silver platter, like most of us have been waiting for , or atleast myself for 10 years, actually 14 if you take under consideration part time.

I am sure UPS will give more hand out's.
Please save your saving grace for the people in tenessee.

This company is an abomination when it comes to rules and you know it, you have said it. We work for them, our competitors pay better then we and we work for the biggest shipping organization in the world, and they make monies hand over fist, this so called contract is not going to kill this company, nor will it ever. Most of the people on these boards have been waiting patiently for what we considered to be a contract that finally put some organization in work ethic in our lives and it is doing just that. If the work rules is worth thier weight in gold the contract is worth it.

And the Teamsters have not killed this company in 100 years and I am sure it will not happen tomorrow.

But they have killed numerous other companies , Carolina,APA,Red Star, and so on. Its not like those were small companies either!

No he is not MGNT. I pay $50.00 a week for medical with nothing but medical, for family, with "O" I was paying $25.00.

So what happened in 3 year's time, I have everything I submitted for benifits with "O" on backup and the past 2 years have been the biggest increases , so the hell with the teamsters and in 5 years we can pay close to 2 times what we are paying now, and it is not impractical, it's happening everywhere. And maybe, when the men on the top are done calculating the #'s mike can tell the investors again, we are going to give our associates what they deserve, and what they have worked so hard to achieve. We were supposed to get better then the NMFA and what did we get?,This is not the Teamsters, Its Brown that did this.

the contract locks that rate we pay now in for 5 years and that is a problem as opposed to before, and the INS. was better in my opinion with "O". Even with the dues per month I will be paying $50.00 less.

It must have to be the state you are living in why you pay so much. In NY we have Aetna and United Healthcare for choices and again it only costs me $41.50 per week for all medical dental disabiltiy, 1 million life ins. Oh yeah I forgot the Legal insurance for $1.00 per week!

.65 immediately for the first year
.70 after the first year
.75 after the second year
.80 after the third year
.85 after the fourth year
.90 after fifth year

it is 4.65 over 6.5 years
I never said it was 2.50

I said if we get .50 a year for five years from the company it would total 2.50

you don't get the .90 until after the fifth year is up which is in the sixth year

and this is for ind. which is .50 behind the rest of the company already and they will not get the january raise either.

The raises are not as high as you are stating since they are split in 1/2 year increments. It is close to averaging $25.25 per hour instead of the $26.15 at the end of the contract. Compared to the $24.50 that we will be getting without going union. Ut all balances out in the end! Even the vacations and personal days stay the same and all work rules stay the same. The only thing that changed was the pay, pension, and loss of the 401k, which put an additional $5,875 in my pocket last year. The healthcare, although you will be able to see your any doctor and no referral needed will cost $150 per month for the family plan. This is coupled on top of the $60 per month union dues which actually will cost me $5 more per month. Yes I understand overtime after 8, but who are we fooling. I see it happening now where they are over hiring to get this under control. There will be very little overtime available! Do you think that they won't push to get us off the street! It will happen and in the end I am afraid I will lose thousands more dollars in overtime. This contract is not good enough and I exxpected a hell of alot better

It's guy's like you that are influencing the weak minded here. All this trash talk and still no contract to be found. Where are the adults.

Take a breath driver.....Some day we will be in the same boat this fine person is in...And then we can go trash talk others in the same manner.....

The raises are not as high as you are stating since they are split in 1/2 year increments. It is close to averaging $25.25 per hour instead of the $26.15 at the end of the contract. Compared to the $24.50 that we will be getting without going union. Ut all balances out in the end! Even the vacations and personal days stay the same and all work rules stay the same. The only thing that changed was the pay, pension, and loss of the 401k, which put an additional $5,875 in my pocket last year. The healthcare, although you will be able to see your any doctor and no referral needed will cost $150 per month for the family plan. This is coupled on top of the $60 per month union dues which actually will cost me $5 more per month. Yes I understand overtime after 8, but who are we fooling. I see it happening now where they are over hiring to get this under control. There will be very little overtime available! Do you think that they won't push to get us off the street! It will happen and in the end I am afraid I will lose thousands more dollars in overtime. This contract is not good enough and I exxpected a hell of alot better
I agree, I also expected alot better. I wanted a super contract that would win over the guys on the fence. But we all have to remember that UPS Freight is still only two years old, barely a toddler. In the city, some customers still refer to us as OVERNITE. UPS has not invested THAT much money in us yet. So they re-branded some tractors and trailers, and gave us new uniforms. They still can take that as a loss and sell or spin us off. When the time comes up for the next negotiation and there are more union terminals, Overnite will be a distant memory. UPS will have re branded all the terminals and the customers will refer to us as UPS Freight. Freight lanes will be opened up and freight will be pouring in. Then we will see the contract we all want. Right now its up to all of us to try and see the best in this situation and sign those cards, not necessarily for now but for the future.

I agree, I also expected alot better. I wanted a super contract that would win over the guys on the fence. But we all have to remember that UPS Freight is still only two years old, barely a toddler. In the city, some customers still refer to us as OVERNITE. UPS has not invested THAT much money in us yet. So they re-branded some tractors and trailers, and gave us new uniforms. They still can take that as a loss and sell or spin us off. When the time comes up for the next negotiation and there are more union terminals, Overnite will be a distant memory. UPS will have re branded all the terminals and the customers will refer to us as UPS Freight. Freight lanes will be opened up and freight will be pouring in. Then we will see the contract we all want. Right now its up to all of us to try and see the best in this situation and sign those cards, not necessarily for now but for the future.

I am in agreement with you here......I want it all too.....But really what kind of pull does one terminal have....They also don't know if the rest will follow....If we can show them we are all one then we will have more power.....And from what ALL the rumors nothing is being lost that we didn't know would be and MAYBE we can get rid of the grey hole we all work in......Black and white would be nice.....

They were all teamsters even the office. Carolina was all teamster represented prior to shutting their doors. As was Preston and APA, CBL etc...
Sorry UPSFreightMan but your facts are just a little more than off. Carolina was bought by ABF. They did not close or go out of business. Kinda like Overnite was bought by UPS and did not go out of business.

Sorry UPSFreightMan but your facts are just a little more than off. Carolina was bought by ABF. They did not close or go out of business. Kinda like Overnite was bought by UPS and did not go out of business.

sorry but carolina shut their doors and sold their employees and equipment and customer lists to ABF. Just like CBL, Valerie and APA did after their doors were shut

Unions do not make companies go out of business. The whole idea of a union is to make things fair for the workers. How can fairness make a company go out of business? For example, it is unfair for a road driver not to get delay pay. If he is away from home or family, he is working and should be getting paid at the top rate. Under a union contract a company is not forced to pay him delay pay. All the company has to do is eliminate the delay. There is not one road driver who would love to pull up to a terminal, leave their set hooked, drop it, hook up to another already hooked set and leave, no or minimal delay. Now you have time to pull over at a truck stop and take a break, check the tires like you are supposed to after so many miles, driver safer. The union made UPS have to be smarter in doing business, investing in technology, which made them number one!!!!!

Carolina Freight Carriers, of Cherryville, SC, was purchased by ABF System in 1999 from the bankruptcy court
PDF] 22. Auction TheoryFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Carolina won the bids even though it has not hauled for some. of these customers before. A few months later, Carolina Freight went bankrupt and was purchased by ABF Freight Systems from the bankruptcy court. ...
ocw.mit.edu/.../ESD-260JFall2003/2CECCCEB-0165-42A3-B86A-

Carolina Freight Carriers, of Cherryville, SC, was purchased by ABF System in 1999 from the bankruptcy court
PDF] 22. Auction TheoryFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Carolina won the bids even though it has not hauled for some. of these customers before. A few months later, Carolina Freight went bankrupt and was purchased by ABF Freight Systems from the bankruptcy court. ...
ocw.mit.edu/.../ESD-260JFall2003/2CECCCEB-0165-42A3-B86A-

Carolina was never bankrupt. ABF purchased Worldway Corp (Carolina and Red Arrow's parent company) and merged them into ABF freight.

Well, all I can say is go ahead and listen to the two indy guys and TDU. Oh, And the Anti-union posters also.

You guys want to take but don't want to give up anything. And so far you really haven't given up anything, some of us have already. From the start of intergration we have given up line runs, delay pay, meal pay, layover pay, the privilege to remain at the same terminal. If the rest has to give up a little to benefit the whole, than I'm all for it.

I lost $300 in delay per month alone, I'm ready to start making that back.

Ahhh.. the good ole days when you got resect from your company, the company followed rules, you got paid for work you did , you were proud of the company you worked for and going to work was fun. :funky: