TForce | INDY Contract Terms

They were all teamsters even the office. Carolina was all teamster represented prior to shutting their doors. As was Preston and APA, CBL etc...
Being Union had absolutely nothing to do with Yellow closing down Preston. Yellow originally didn't even want to buy Preston. They only wanted to buy Saia and Smalley, both of which were owned by Preston. A Judge made them buy it all if they wanted any part of it and they even got stuck with buying Reeves, a carpet hauler out of Dalton, Ga. which Preston also owned. The weak excuse often used by Mgmt. that the Teamsters Contract closed down Companies has always been just a parting shot by inept Mgmt. who couldn't make the right moves to stay competitive and keep afloat. Like most clowns they'd never admit any fault so they blamed it on the Teamsters and people like you believe it. It's BS.

why do you uys keep saying you don't gey delay pay? I get $14 an hour for delay pay.

The way the schedules are set up we have to give one hour after our scheduled time out. If you are scheduled in at 12:00am and scheduled out at 2:00am you would go on the clock (delay) at 3:00am This means you sat 3 hours for free, if you sat 4 hours (a half day) you just made a whole $13.00 minus tax

The way the schedules are set up we have to give one hour after our scheduled time out. If you are scheduled in at 12:00am and scheduled out at 2:00am you would go on the clock (delay) at 3:00am This means you sat 3 hours for free, if you sat 4 hours (a half day) you just made a whole $13.00 minus tax

Thank you Busternite. That's exactly the senario I have in NBR. I don't know what this other guy is talking about.

Don't listen to these rumor spreaders, wait until you see it first hand. These guy's were waiting for bad news and can't wait to spread speculation.

The TDU might have picked up the info from a bad source or only have half-truths.

BTW- Apo, why are you using your other identity?

I am kinda lost, Because even if you were to take the TDU contract terms some what seriously, The good of these terms far out weighs the bad of what we have now.

As 25 + YEAR TEAMSTER I WOULD LAUGH AT THIS PHONY CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!! dO YOURSELF A FAVOR KEEP YOUR UNION DUES IN YOUR POCKET.

This is one of the most ridicuois statements I've ever heard coming from a supposed Teamster.

Why don't you crawl your primadonna asss back to the NewPenn board.

Do you know what unity is "brother" (I use the term loosly and sarcasticly)?

Do you know how the show support or lend a hand to a brother struggling to better himself?

Do you even have the nerve to talk to a Overnite/UPSF guy face to face? Or do you consider them a danger to your existence?

Strength in numbers, brother is what it all about.
See the raise they got?
Think that might have any bearing on the NMFA?

Now you seem to know what a joke this contract is, how would someone of your little stature get to view it.

Grow up and start acting like a Teamster

T251

The 401k non-issue is that we knew that when voting in a contract we would lose the match. Everyone is so surprised at that.

When Is UPS going to start paying delay pay?? Never if they feel they have a mandate to do what they want when we stay non- union. I would love to have very little delay, that means more home time for me. They needed to get these dispatchers in line a long time ago. The same dispatchers that watch every penny when It comes to drivers pay but will delay trlr times due to grabazzin' and Internet exploring on the company computers when Management is nowhere to be found.

This will not happen without a contract. They know what they can get away with now, just wait until this is all settled and you remain non-union. We've given this company a chance to police itself, it's apparent now that they need a babysitter.

Gee Steve I thought you worked for UPSF !!! I can read this and know that you are just a union pusher and DO NOT WORK FOR UPSF .

sorry but carolina shut their doors and sold their employees and equipment and customer lists to ABF. Just like CBL, Valerie and APA did after their doors were shut

If Carolina went out of business, why after the merger did the senior men of Carolina beciame the senior men of ABF?

Valerie did not close their doors
They were purchased by USF RedStar after winning a bid in a court room session to decide if bankruptcy or closing was in order under state and federal laws.
Their entire employee list and customner base was incorpaorted into RedStar business structure.
CBL was purchased by RedStar also with NO COURT involvement whatsoever.
Thier entire employee list and customer based was incorpaorted into RedStar business sturcture.
Plymouth Rock was purchased by RedStar the same way. Only diifference was the business was so miniute that only a small amount of the employees were able to retained and gainfully employeed.

APA closed the doors.
The owners of APA sold the business list to NewPenn with the promise from NewPenn that they (NPME) would employee as many APA dispalced driver as possilbe.

Carolina never went bankrupt.

All that mumbo jumo in your posts means nothing. Show us link, instead of a buch of typed letters and number that mean squawt

.65 cents all the way up to .90 cents.........I don't know about this; these wages are just simply too high for our industry. We aren't hauling parcel trailers, were hauling freight, therefore our profit margin doesn't generate the money to justify these wages.

I understand a need to see an increase with the costs of living, but this is just rediculous. It's just human nature, though: our greed always gets the better of us and causes companies to shut doors, out-source, and increases inflation..........

GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless these figures are for the hourly rate..........than please dissregard my rant.....

Ollie, there might be another way of looking at this. This raises the bar wage wise to the other LTL carriers. For union carriers YRC and ABF, they will not want to pay this kind of money without consessions. YRC is whinning as it is about a soft economy, lost business, high fuel etc.

I can't see them paying as much for help. Same goes for ABF. This puts these companies up against a financial hurdle. I think the IBT will be hard pressed to get them to pay that much wthout losing something in the process, such as med. ins. contributions.

As for non-union, same thing goes. Which could have a direct impact on their pricing. They won't be able to undercut the rates as they once did.
I think this contract is a indirect way of eliminating competitors and leveling the playing field by making them pay more to play. And as the deepest pockets goes, so will the freight.

Ollie, there might be another way of looking at this. This raises the bar wage wise to the other LTL carriers. For union carriers YRC and ABF, they will not want to pay this kind of money without consessions. YRC is whinning as it is about a soft economy, lost business, high fuel etc.

I can't see them paying as much for help. Same goes for ABF. This puts these companies up against a financial hurdle. I think the IBT will be hard pressed to get them to pay that much wthout losing something in the process, such as med. ins. contributions.

As for non-union, same thing goes. Which could have a direct impact on their pricing. They won't be able to undercut the rates as they once did.
I think this contract is a indirect way of eliminating competitors and leveling the playing field by making them pay more to play. And as the deepest pockets goes, so will the freight.

These union folks are slapping us on the back about this contract. It will come back to bite them next year. They should of been pushing for the same benefits they are getting.

Hey teamsters how you going to like paying 150.00 a month for you medical. It's coming!

When it does I'm going to be talking about your historic contract.

I hope you don't have to pay all that back when they catch it. :biglaugh:

I think it is $13.02

actually I get 22.07 becuase as soon as I punch my trip card I clock in on the dock and go find somthing to do.

this is the first company that I have worked for that will pay you somthing for just sitting there when there is work you can be doing, to me all the drivers in that room choose to not work and the way I was brought up if you don't want to work and want to be payed to sit on you but, your no different then the people sitting at home collecting welfare.

I can't understand that some people have disabilities and can't do physical work,

from what I have seen over the past two years the union SEEMS to cater to lazy people, maybe I am wrong but I haven't heard of a contract with any company (and I am not just talking abou freight) where a person that wants to work 60+ hours a week benifits or is in a better position before a contract.

I can't beleive I have been posting as much as I have been about this becuase I know A contract will cause as many problems as it solves, if wages go up productivity will have to go up, right now p&d and dockworkers have "goals" they should try to obtain,once a contract is in place ups will have standards you have to meet.

right now dockworkers, p&d and dock/cdls are complaining about overtme getting cut what do you thnk is gonna happen if there is a no forced overtime or a guranteed 8 hour rule is thrown in there? More people will be hired and overtime will be cut even more.

Road drivers want full delay pay where will that leave roaddrivers that actually want to work the hub to make extra $$ there gonna hire two $10/hr pt dockworkers and not let $22/hr roaddriver on the dock this will acomplish two things this will also cut the delays and the company will save even more money.

Now everyone is saying atleast we have some protection and job security do these people not know we have a peer review board if you get fired you present your case to a group of 6 co workers. If we get a contract the same six people are sitting across from you.

But I would bet that if we get a contract the rules and regulations will be stricter then what we already have so the company can send you to the rebiew board easier.

File a grievance you say, I know of many people that have called richmond, ys after ups purchased O, complained about a tm or whatever and it was addressed. I am sure others on this board have done it.

Other people at my terminal have worked at union freight carriers and have told stories about how the shop stewards will have favorites and people he doesn't like or care for as much, at our terminal there are a few guys that have come close to blows over stupid things and as everywhere there are certian circles that peoppe hang out in.

Lets see how many people twist what I have posted as they have in the past few days.

I will say again I am not anti union as some people have labeled me, I just don't think the pros out weigh the cons, if they do I would vote yes.

.50x40=20x52=1040 a year x5=5200 over a 5 yr period IF UPS even decides to continue giving you the previous raises as usual.

.65x40=26x11 (weeks left this yr) =286
.35x40=14x26 (half year) =364
.70x40=28x26 (2nd half) =728

364+728=1092 this for the 1st yr at a base 40 hrs as compared to 1040 for the .50 for the entire yr which means 1st year you would make 52 more not counting OT which really makes a big difference.

.375x40=15x26=390
.75x40=30x26=780
780+390=1170
1170-1040=130

.4x40=16x26=416
.8x40=32x26=832
416x832=1248
1248-1040=208

.425x40=17x26=442
.85x40=34x26=884
884+442=1326
1326-1040=286

.45x40=18x26=468
.9x40=36x26=936
936+468=1404
1404-1040=364

364+286+208+130+52= 1040 which coincidently is the same as a .50 raise on a 40 hr week so at the end of 5 years you are essentially 1 year ahead in pay of where you usually are.

As was said this is based on a flat 40, if you calculate OT in based on what you currently work the amount goes up quickly. This also assumes that UPS would still give the same raise every year as you previously got.

The down side is you would be paying dues, but in return get work rules that are set including OT and delay pay.

In the end it is up to each and everyone to decide for your self and your family but do so on fact, not just what myself or others post, get the facts for your self and then make an informed decision.

Best of luck

FM

The only thing I don't get is why UPS had to have a separate contract from the other ltl's, why not be a part of the nmfa? After all there is supposed to be strength in unity, right?

FM

whats the down side to paying dues? it's 2 1/2 half times your hourly rate per month. this is the first ever contract. down the road they will be paying nothing for insurance like the rest of us.:1036316054:

Dues.....a couple of bucks a day......no issue at all......most people blow that on coffee or soda a day and don't get a thing for it.

.50x40=20x52=1040 a year x5=5200 over a 5 yr period IF UPS even decides to continue giving you the previous raises as usual.

.65x40=26x11 (weeks left this yr) =286
.35x40=14x26 (half year) =364
.70x40=28x26 (2nd half) =728

364+728=1092 this for the 1st yr at a base 40 hrs as compared to 1040 for the .50 for the entire yr which means 1st year you would make 52 more not counting OT which really makes a big difference.

.375x40=15x26=390
.75x40=30x26=780
780+390=1170
1170-1040=130

.4x40=16x26=416
.8x40=32x26=832
416x832=1248
1248-1040=208

.425x40=17x26=442
.85x40=34x26=884
884+442=1326
1326-1040=286

.45x40=18x26=468
.9x40=36x26=936
936+468=1404
1404-1040=364

364+286+208+130+52= 1040 which coincidently is the same as a .50 raise on a 40 hr week so at the end of 5 years you are essentially 1 year ahead in pay of where you usually are.

As was said this is based on a flat 40, if you calculate OT in based on what you currently work the amount goes up quickly. This also assumes that UPS would still give the same raise every year as you previously got.

The down side is you would be paying dues, but in return get work rules that are set including OT and delay pay.

In the end it is up to each and everyone to decide for your self and your family but do so on fact, not just what myself or others post, get the facts for your self and then make an informed decision.

Best of luck

FM

Now that is what I call fuzzy math. :biglaugh: