TForce | INDY Contract Terms

actually I get 22.07 becuase as soon as I punch my trip card I clock in on the dock and go find somthing to do.

this is the first company that I have worked for that will pay you somthing for just sitting there when there is work you can be doing, to me all the drivers in that room choose to not work and the way I was brought up if you don't want to work and want to be payed to sit on you but, your no different then the people sitting at home collecting welfare.

I can't understand that some people have disabilities and can't do physical work,

from what I have seen over the past two years the union SEEMS to cater to lazy people, maybe I am wrong but I haven't heard of a contract with any company (and I am not just talking abou freight) where a person that wants to work 60+ hours a week benifits or is in a better position before a contract.

I can't beleive I have been posting as much as I have been about this becuase I know A contract will cause as many problems as it solves, if wages go up productivity will have to go up, right now p&d and dockworkers have "goals" they should try to obtain,once a contract is in place ups will have standards you have to meet.

right now dockworkers, p&d and dock/cdls are complaining about overtme getting cut what do you thnk is gonna happen if there is a no forced overtime or a guranteed 8 hour rule is thrown in there? More people will be hired and overtime will be cut even more.

Road drivers want full delay pay where will that leave roaddrivers that actually want to work the hub to make extra $$ there gonna hire two $10/hr pt dockworkers and not let $22/hr roaddriver on the dock this will acomplish two things this will also cut the delays and the company will save even more money.

Now everyone is saying atleast we have some protection and job security do these people not know we have a peer review board if you get fired you present your case to a group of 6 co workers. If we get a contract the same six people are sitting across from you.

But I would bet that if we get a contract the rules and regulations will be stricter then what we already have so the company can send you to the rebiew board easier.

File a grievance you say, I know of many people that have called richmond, ys after ups purchased O, complained about a tm or whatever and it was addressed. I am sure others on this board have done it.

Other people at my terminal have worked at union freight carriers and have told stories about how the shop stewards will have favorites and people he doesn't like or care for as much, at our terminal there are a few guys that have come close to blows over stupid things and as everywhere there are certian circles that peoppe hang out in.

Lets see how many people twist what I have posted as they have in the past few days.

I will say again I am not anti union as some people have labeled me, I just don't think the pros out weigh the cons, if they do I would vote yes.

How do you get 22.07 when all the rest of us get 21.50. Unless you don't work for UPSF. Are you working for ABF or YRCW. :biglaugh: :smilie_132:

The only thing I don't get is why UPS had to have a separate contract from the other ltl's, why not be a part of the nmfa? After all there is supposed to be strength in unity, right?

FM

I can say it all in one name. Hoffa! He is in UPS's back pocket. They are his bread and butter and he knows it.

But UPSF is a good paying job with leading industry wages and benefits even without the union. So I'm glad he blew it again.

I bet he doesn't get more than a handful of terminals. When he could of had them all.

Stupid man.

I can say it all in one name. Hoffa! He is in UPS's back pocket. They are his bread and butter and he knows it.

But UPSF is a good paying job with leading industry wages and benefits even without the union. So I'm glad he blew it again.

I bet he doesn't get more than a handful of terminals. When he could of had them all.

Stupid man.

We will see. There may be more to this than meets the eye. Who knows what side deals were cut to secure UPSF workers. Maybe no annual raise? large increase in medical? Bye Bye pension? Our you could join the union? The devil is in the details. Do not assume anything. This could get very strange, before its over.

:1036316054: :1036316054: :1036316054: You are right Cashcow. How people can think that the union can kill companies is beyond me. Dont they know when companies go out the union loses membership?

The raises are not as high as you are stating since they are split in 1/2 year increments. It is close to averaging $25.25 per hour instead of the $26.15 at the end of the contract. Compared to the $24.50 that we will be getting without going union. Ut all balances out in the end! Even the vacations and personal days stay the same and all work rules stay the same. The only thing that changed was the pay, pension, and loss of the 401k, which put an additional $5,875 in my pocket last year. The healthcare, although you will be able to see your any doctor and no referral needed will cost $150 per month for the family plan. This is coupled on top of the $60 per month union dues which actually will cost me $5 more per month. Yes I understand overtime after 8, but who are we fooling. I see it happening now where they are over hiring to get this under control. There will be very little overtime available! Do you think that they won't push to get us off the street! It will happen and in the end I am afraid I will lose thousands more dollars in overtime. This contract is not good enough and I exxpected a hell of alot better
iIF YOU PAY MOST OF YOUR OWN HEALTH INS. THEY HAVE AN INCENTIVE TO GET YOU OFF THE CLOCK AND HIRE UNTIL EVERYONE IS AT 40 HRS.

Look Ups Freight Had To Go Union To Avoid Dbl Breasting Issues With The Package Car Division- They Let Them Out Of The Central States Fund So The Cash Injection Would Keep The Feds Out Of It(new Pension Laws). A White Paper Contract That Gives Them Less Than They Started With Plus Union Dues To Pay- For What ?

We will see. There may be more to this than meets the eye. Who knows what side deals were cut to secure UPSF workers. Maybe no annual raise? large increase in medical? Bye Bye pension? Our you could join the union? The devil is in the details. Do not assume anything. This could get very strange, before its over.
It`s all about 6 bill