TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

Correct. However, I had the main portions of it read to me. How can you defend it when you don't even have that minimum of knowledge on it ?
I am not defending it . I have not seen it. But the economics of it are not as important to me as work rules and grievences. And you are attacking the contract you have not read.

I am not defending it . I have not seen it. But the economics of it are not as important to me as work rules and grievences. And you are attacking the contract you have not read.

Acer has just posted a general overview of the contract from the TDU, I suggest you all look at it.

The only thing we get in this contract is the raises, split every 6 MTHS. over 5 years. Overtime after 8, 10 cent raise for those on the road with delay pay.

Work rules and greivances, according to this site.

We loose the contribution to the 401k, with no improvments in the pention.Time off stays the same, personal\sick stays the same, I wonder if we get the golden time and time and a half for holidays

Everything else is the same, and locked in for 5 yrs. At this point and three publications later we are not sure wether it is a 5 or 6 year contract.

And this is the Hybrid contract we are hearing is a combination of the NMFA, and Small package? The amazing hybrid, I must say I did expect a little more after 1 year of negotiations.

And this is locked in for 5 years at the least, I must admit, we have half of what we heard and half of what we wanted.

I guess this could be something to build on, what were they thinking, a raise split twice a year? what the hell is that?

Everything is company controlled, except the work rules. Boy I guess I do owe skeeter an apolagy to a degree, I would half to say it is a bit SUB-PAR.

The company said improvments would and are comming, but we are locked into this for 5 years, they could have hammered this out in a month , with a couple of crayons. I am sure someone is laughing at this thing somewhere.

And you are right when you say we have not read the work rules yet, that would be the kicker.

they could have hammered this out in a month , with a couple of crayons. I am sure someone is laughing at this thing somewhere.

The reason it took soooooo long is they were eating them and had to stop and open the box for a different color. Givem'a'break, have you ever tried to write words with a yellow or white crayon? Pretty hard to see. :biglaugh:

Seriously though, someone tell me what are our options at this point? UPS is UPS and will continue to push rules, regs and the like down or throats as they choose. At least with this contract the monies and the working conditions are spelled out and guaranteed. Talk about painted into a corner!!!

Im not hearing a contract that will sell company wide. I have not read it yet, But if we are divided and all terminals do not go union this will be a big problem for the lone terminals that do vote it in. I am expecting a STRONG model contract that will make all terminals want in, If not, we got big problems!

Acer has just posted a general overview of the contract from the TDU, I suggest you all look at it.

The only thing we get in this contract is the raises, split every 6 MTHS. over 5 years. Overtime after 8, 10 cent raise for those on the road with delay pay.

Work rules and greivances, according to this site.

We loose the contribution to the 401k, with no improvments in the pention.Time off stays the same, personal\sick stays the same, I wonder if we get the golden time and time and a half for holidays

Everything else is the same, and locked in for 5 yrs. At this point and three publications later we are not sure wether it is a 5 or 6 year contract.

And this is the Hybrid contract we are hearing is a combination of the NMFA, and Small package? The amazing hybrid, I must say I did expect a little more after 1 year of negotiations.

And this is locked in for 5 years at the least, I must admit, we have half of what we heard and half of what we wanted.

I guess this could be something to build on, what were they thinking, a raise split twice a year? what the hell is that?

Everything is company controlled, except the work rules. Boy I guess I do owe skeeter an apolagy to a degree, I would half to say it is a bit SUB-PAR.

The company said improvments would and are comming, but we are locked into this for 5 years, they could have hammered this out in a month , with a couple of crayons. I am sure someone is laughing at this thing somewhere.

And you are right when you say we have not read the work rules yet, that would be the kicker.

It looks like to me that the TDU got most of their Info. from the boards right here. The TDU has their own agenda and you cannot always take their Info to heart.:smilie_132:

Im not hearing a contract that will sell company wide. I have not read it yet, But if we are divided and all terminals do not go union this will be a big problem for the lone terminals that do vote it in. I am expecting a STRONG model contract that will make all terminals want in, If not, we got big problems!

Hoffa did it again. He was stupid last time and stupid this time.:1036316054:

If you don't want the contract find another job.UPS owns us take it or leave if.If you all would have been union you you would have more of a voice in the contract.Be proud of what you got it better than what you had or would have got without the teamsters.:1036316054:

If you don't want the contract find another job.UPS owns us take it or leave if.If you all would have been union you you would have more of a voice in the contract.Be proud of what you got it better than what you had or would have got without the teamsters.:1036316054:

You guys need to layoff the Kool-aid. Why shouldnt we get what our "brother" teamsters get over at YRC and UPS? They threw us delay and overtime and took away our 401 match. At best this is a wash. All that and we get to pay union dues. Big deal. From arguably the premier transportation company in the world. And dont say we havent seen the contract yet. There 500 posts on this contract and not one person who has seen it has contradicted anything written.

Everyone has to take into account that the TDU is the underground faction of the Teamsters union,anything you get from their site has to be taken with a grain of salt.
In other words they all hate the main line Teamsters and are always looking for ways to discredit them.

We've got to weed out any information from the TDU,there may be some good news items there,but you don't know if its another way to slam the main line Teamsters?

I'm going to be a broken record on this contact issue,by saying lets see what Indy voted for,before we cave in on issues that are mostly rumors up to this point in time!

If you can live with things the way they are then don't sign up for the union. That is one way to make sure nothing at the company changes. Rome was not built in a day, it will take a long time to build a strong union at UPSF. Giving up at the beginning is not something I am willing to do.:1036316054:

Seriously though, someone tell me what are our options at this point? UPS is UPS and will continue to push rules, regs and the like down or throats as they choose. At least with this contract the monies and the working conditions are spelled out and guaranteed. Talk about painted into a corner!!!

Hugnlug.. One of the best thought out statements I've read latley :1036316054:

It looks like to me that the TDU got most of their Info. from the boards right here. The TDU has their own agenda and you cannot always take their Info to heart.:smilie_132:

I would have to agree with that statement. I do hope the work rules is the kicker, and it is not the end of the road there is always the next contract.

If you work a couple of 10-11 hour days in the first half of the week can add another $80-100 dollars to your check. Also, the top 90% of the full time employees in each board are guaranteed 40 hours/week.
The split raises are in the new package contract and it is being considered for the next NMFA.
As for the 100% company paid insurance, that will probably not happen again in any white paper contract given the rapid rise of insurance costs. The contract freezes the cost of the insurance for the life of the contract. Without the contract, you can expect an annual increase of 7-8% in premium costs or possibly a reduction in coverage.
When you add up the amount of the annual raises, the extra money from the new overtime rules, and the savings on insurance premiums, most of the Indy drivers will make up for losing the company match for their 401(k).
As for the road drivers, ALL work done when not driving is to be paid at the top hourly rate for city drivers. This includes your delay pay also. I believe this is a significant improvement over what you have now.

Again I may have veared from one side to the next in this contract thus far but I have not seen it, most of us are arguing over speculation and have seen's, we also do not know what kind of spin could have been added to this, this sunday we will be meeting, we will have the contract, after weighing in, we will see what happens

But the point you have made here is a very good point, I will weigh in the figures after SUNDAY and we shall see just how congruent one is as opposed.

Does anyone know what the lunch breaks are?? Mandatory 1 hr Lunch's will really blow..would rather work through lunch and get paid.

Buzz

I know line has to take or at least show on logs half hour lunch and two fifteen minutes breaks.

City has to take half hour lunch. Mandatory in California.

That's the kind of talk that turns me away from the unions .You get another job .I'm not going anywhere. I can still think for myself.

WOW thats a good one,bringing up lunch,and breaks with so many other key issues that are really unknown.

I gotta get going to work so that concern is really food for thought.
I mean the lunch concern,pun intended.

HA,HA,HA, some of you posters are really to much?
I'm gone!!!