TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

There is a huge reason that the Teamsters started early negotiations with UPS Parcel. Because the teamsters wanted to protect UPS parcel pension. They had to have an agreement by 1/1/08 As of 1/1/08 the new pension laws go into effect. Any company that is not protected by a contract can just stop/freeze there pension plans. And no longer offer you this benefit. If this saves UPS billions of dollars, What are the chances that UPS freezes UPSF pension plan? And just offer you a few % more in our 401k. Indy is now protected from this happening. This should be a major concern to any employee that has some years left to put in. Just food for thought.

If you can live with things the way they are then don't sign up for the union. That is one way to make sure nothing at the company changes. Rome was not built in a day, it will take a long time to build a strong union at UPSF. Giving up at the beginning is not something I am willing to do.:1036316054:

Well, Its not really a way to make sure nothing changes because I think without a contract, say good buy to the pension plan in 2008.:smilie_132:

There is a huge reason that the Teamsters started early negotiations with UPS Parcel. Because the teamsters wanted to protect UPS parcel pension. They had to have an agreement by 1/1/08 As of 1/1/08 the new pension laws go into effect. Any company that is not protected by a contract can just stop/freeze there pension plans. And no longer offer you this benefit. If this saves UPS billions of dollars, What are the chances that UPS freezes UPSF pension plan? And just offer you a few % more in our 401k. Indy is now protected from this happening. This should be a major concern to any employee that has some years left to put in. Just food for thought.

This is the kind of talk that gets me thinking. My pension is my biggest concern.I would like to know what is going to happen with the pension I'm already vested in, if and when the teamsters get control.I only want to work seven years more.

I know line has to take or at least show on logs half hour lunch and two fifteen minutes breaks.

City has to take half hour lunch. Mandatory in California.

Since when? I very rarely ever showed any sort of lunch or break on my logs, and never since the 14 hour rule went into effect, what would be the point, it doesnt get you any extra time at the end of the run.

Since when? I very rarely ever showed any sort of lunch or break on my logs, and never since the 14 hour rule went into effect, what would be the point, it doesnt get you any extra time at the end of the run.

Great there you go giving away the secret to making the big money....And now we will hear how we are screwing the company.....Thanks alot!!!!!!

Hoffa blows it again. We have basically the same benefits and he wants us to pay dues on top of it.

So call job protection. They didn't even come close to the master freight contract.

So he can brag how after 50 years he got Overnite people now UPSF a contract.

So he has made history on this historic contract. It is a embarrassment to the hard working men and women at UPSF.

He might be riding high right now but when other terminals start rejecting this disgrace of a contract he'll fall off his perch.

Already a lot of drivers are getting wind of this contract and well I won't say here what their response was.

Some can respond to this and say I don't know because I haven't seen the contract.

But I know a person couple of drivers from Indy. You will all be seeing the truth pretty soon.

The teamsters are falling back on the same old need job protection. Pension plan is going to disappear.

Because they know the benefits all stink.

I was ready to be apart of the teamsters. But again they showed us who's side they are really on.

I'm not so sure that you were ever ready to be apart of the Teamsters, Skeeter...........

You have been one of their biggest critics for a long time my freind. This just gives you a reason to back away and critisize them once again.

There's a reason we "vote" on the contract. It's only ratified if the majority votes yes so if it passed it's because the members wanted it. No one forced them. All they had to do was vote "NO" and they would go back to the bargaining table.

I'm not so sure that you were ever ready to be apart of the Teamsters, Skeeter...........

You have been one of their biggest critics for a long time my freind. This just gives you a reason to back away and critisize them once again.

Aint that the truth!! And he hasn't even seen the contract yet!

We are all free to have our opinions and they will likely change as new information is uncovered. I was probably one of the hardest sells on the whole union thing. Not that I had anything against them, it's just that I liked my current arrangement with the company.

And I was even skeptical on how they (Indy) were presented the information and how they managed to all vote for it while taking just a couple of hours to digest the information.

But I'm sold, folks. We've been getting screwed for quite some time on the waiting time and delay pay (amongst other things). When was it that this FINALLY got addressed? And what does that tell you? UPS wants us to go union and this entire process has been orchestrated by UPS, not the Teamsters. And how about the timing with the UPS package contract? Coincidence? Not a chance.

There are quite a few Overnite drivers who don't want anything to do with the union. What better way to get them to swing than to keep screwing them on the overtime and waiting time and then roll out this contract that suddenly fixes everything. Imagine if they had addressed this stuff earlier in the year. There wouldn't be anything positive to come from the Indy deal. And many would resist giving up the union dues for simple protection.

The fact (and the Indy deal backs this up) is that UPS wants and needs us to go union in order to makes us seamless with their package division. Getting us locked up was essential to getting their package guys locked up. It's also essential to getting us straightened up and the first step in making this a more tightly run ship.

But be careful what you wish for because once we're all online with Indy, look for uniformity and enforcement of the company rules. Enjoy walking around with your shirt untucked and hat on backwards while you can because those days are numbered.

Eventually, we will be the highest compensated drivers in the business, but that will come at a price. Much more will be expected of us if we want to keep cashing those checks. Just like the package guys, there will be a line outside the door with people who would love to have our job.

Be proud to wear the shield and do all that you can to protect your job. It will soon be the most coveted in the LTL industry and you will certainly earn your money. Just ask the package drivers.

This is the kind of talk that gets me thinking. My pension is my biggest concern.I would like to know what is going to happen with the pension I'm already vested in, if and when the teamsters get control.I only want to work seven years more.

From what I gather, Our pension will remain the same whether we accept this contract or not. UPS will have full control of it. Indy's pension remained the same with no Improvements according to TDU contract terms. There has been Improvements to retirement health. Parcel and Indy is protected with there pension as long as the contract term. 1/1/08 a new pension law will give company's the right to no longer offer a pension plan. Will this happen, it could. But not with a contract. Everyone should be very concerned about this and should be asking questions and investigating this. Im afraid this new pension law is the begining of the end of pension plans in this country. A contract would keep your pension going.:1036316054:

From what I gather, Our pension will remain the same whether we accept this contract or not. UPS will have full control of it. Indy's pension remained the same with no Improvements according to TDU contract terms. There has been Improvements to retirement health. Parcel and Indy is protected with there pension as long as the contract term. 1/1/08 a new pension law will give company's the right to no longer offer a pension plan. Will this happen, it could. But not with a contract. Everyone should be very concerned about this and should be asking questions and investigating this. Im afraid this new pension law is the begining of the end of pension plans in this country. A contract would keep your pension going.:1036316054:
If we still worked for ovnt none of this stuff would be happening, but we do not. The upper management in UPS is pulling all the strings! I would not be surprised by anything that happens in the future. If UPS is giving out split increase in wages for the brown and indy then I would have to guess that that will be the new company wide policy. If I have learned one thing since they brought ovnt is, they do things there way!

Was informed this was posted in Kansas City.
2008 65 cents 1.68 a mile
2009 70 cents 1.75 a mile
2010 75 cents 1.88 a mile
2011 80 cents 2.00 a mile
2012 85 cents 1.13 a mile
2013 90 cents 2.25 a mile

Total $4.65 10.69 cents

The raises are good I don't have a problem with that. All you young bucks that all you think about is the money then you will be happy. But if you are older and have started thinking about benefits and retirement we are shafted.

Hoffa blows it again. We have basically the same benefits and he wants us to pay dues on top of it.

So call job protection. They didn't even come close to the master freight contract.

So he can brag how after 50 years he got Overnite people now UPSF a contract.

So he has made history on this historic contract. It is a embarrassment to the hard working men and women at UPSF.

He might be riding high right now but when other terminals start rejecting this disgrace of a contract he'll fall off his perch.

Already a lot of drivers are getting wind of this contract and well I won't say here what their response was.

Some can respond to this and say I don't know because I haven't seen the contract.

But I know a person couple of drivers from Indy. You will all be seeing the truth pretty soon.

The teamsters are falling back on the same old need job protection. Pension plan is going to disappear.

Because they know the benefits all stink.

I was ready to be apart of the teamsters. But again they showed us who's side they are really on.

All they saw was a large influx of new union members now going to be paying union dues....this was suppose to be the contracts of all contracts...to set the tide for all other terminals,,,,come on. "Needed to get a contract by October 1st...." per Hoffa

After lurking here in the shadows for a long time and reading all your posts on the contract I finally have to put in my two cents. Has anyone considered that the reason the IBT and UPS has left our pension alone is because when we go union we will fall into the new IBT/UPS pension. If this is what is planned then it would explain to me why Indy would vote so overwhelmingly in favor of the contract. If you combine the raises of 4.65 over 6 yrs OT after 8 and all the other benefits of a Teamster contract this seems to be a very good deal to me. On IBT web site the new pension terms are posted there is a 35 and out at any age a 30 and out at any age and two 25 and out options. This is better than what we have now. What do you guys think.

After lurking here in the shadows for a long time and reading all your posts on the contract I finally have to put in my two cents. Has anyone considered that the reason the IBT and UPS has left our pension alone is because when we go union we will fall into the new IBT/UPS pension. If this is what is planned then it would explain to me why Indy would vote so overwhelmingly in favor of the contract. If you combine the raises of 4.65 over 6 yrs OT after 8 and all the other benefits of a Teamster contract this seems to be a very good deal to me. On IBT web site the new pension terms are posted there is a 35 and out at any age a 30 and out at any age and two 25 and out options. This is better than what we have now. What do you guys think.

What UPS\IBT pention are you speaking of?

UPS is going to pay 6.1 billion to buy out of central states and create a new pension fund for UPS employees. If you go to IBT website they now have posted the tentative agreement the parcel guys will be voting on. It covers this in the pension section of their new contract.

What UPS\IBT pention are you speaking of?

I think he needs to go back to lurking in the shadows if he thinks that is a great contract.
Sure I have no problem with the raises.

But I do with the benefits all remaining the same. I know UPS really has to watch their pennies and can't afford much.

I think he needs to go back to lurking in the shadows if he thinks that is a great contract.
Sure I have no problem with the raises.

But I do with the benefits all remaining the same. I know UPS really has to watch their pennies and can't afford much.

The medical in all states will be different. Med costs and coverages are subject to state laws. Unless the company will absorb all the cost to keep it uniformed.