TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

Sorry Buster, I don't see it. How do you save "thousands"? I don't see much of a difference outside of pay, which is what I was afraid of. If what is said is true, No increase in health care, loss of matching contributions, no change in the pension, and lets not forget the addition of dues. Overtime after 8, ok, thats good.
As for the Respect of seniority
Job fairness
Same rules for everyone
Job protection
I believe this already exists, At least it should, there are policies in place, at least where I am at that protects us from these.
Now, I am not that naive to think all work the same, but, If people use the tools given, they do have protections.
I guess, I don't see how this "model contract" is going to turn the majority union. It will turn the people that want to go union regardless, the rest, I am not so sure.
I think it will be like the past and union term. against non-union terminals.
Again, untill I see the contract, I can't make an educated decision. It is all speculation at this point.
JUST MY OPINION!

And they expect to organize the rest of the terminals with this crappy contract. Good luck. I'm a no vote! :hysterical:

Sorry Buster, I don't see it. How do you save "thousands"? I don't see much of a difference outside of pay, which is what I was afraid of. If what is said is true, No increase in health care, loss of matching contributions, no change in the pension, and lets not forget the addition of dues. Overtime after 8, ok, thats good.
Job fairness
Same rules for everyone
Job protection
I believe this already exists, At least it should, there are policies in place, at least where I am at that protects us from these.
Now, I am not that naive to think all work the same, but, If people use the tools given, they do have protections.
I guess, I don't see how this "model contract" is going to turn the majority union. It will turn the people that want to go union regardless, the rest, I am not so sure.
Again, untill I see the contract, I can't make an educated decision. It is all speculation at this point.
JUST MY OPINION!

I have seen plenty of job unfairness and lack of respect of seniority. Yes different at each location. As far as medical, My plan is blue cross family and I pay $340.00 per month plus my co-pays and problems with no choice on in network providers. Ot after 8 is a huge difference and for most delay pay is a huge issue as drivers in the N. East sit on average 2 hours per night. But as you stated I also have to see the contract and weigh out the whole picture. I do not want to see a divided company, This would not be good. Know one can make an educated decision without seeing the contract and understanding the whole picture as to how it will benefit or not each individual.:1036316054:

Job fairness
Same rules for everyone
Job protection
JUST MY OPINION!

Historic contract! :hysterical:

Skeeter, You can't decide on hear say. Lets see whats really in the contract. Where is it????

If it is anywhere close to what these guys are saying then the only terminals that will be union are the ones claiming they have it so bad. Most in my opinion do not.
There will be a big split.
The union is a joke anymore.
Like I said if you feel you need it ok. But I don't need this.
This is going to be a model contract alright.
Look out Yellow and ABF.:hide:

5yr contract hourly rate increases 4.65 over length of contract road drivers raise starts at 0163 to 0235 over length of contract no employer contributions to 401k. No increase in insurance cost for the 5yrs. Pension stays the same. 30 and out at 55

That is crap. Now I know why they choose Indy.:thumbsdown:

If it is anywhere close to what these guys are saying then the only terminals that will be union are the ones claiming they have it so bad. Most in my opinion do not.
There will be a big split.
The union is a joke anymore.
Like I said if you feel you need it ok. But I don't need this.
This is going to be a model contract alright.
Look out Yellow and ABF.:hide:

How do you expect to get,

ot after 8
delay pay
job fairness'
respect in seniority
job protection (contractors)
higher wages, even if only a little higher
A voice that counts

THERE ARE SIX HOLIDAY WEEKS ALONE EACH YEAR WHEN WE LOSE ALL OUR OVER TIME, BECAUSE OF OT after 42. there is no way upsf will get the same as ups. They make 4 billion a year profit or side only clears about 200 million $.:nutkick:

Who said anything about getting what UPS gets. I would expect to get what the master freight gets. Duh!

I also expect to get ATLEAST what the NMFA gets. BUT, out of spite I will NOT turn away more because we will NOT get more any other way.

I will not accept a sweet heart deal. UPSF sends out their new pay and benefit package this month. I bet it will be better than this crappy deal. At least we won't be paying dues on top of it.
I'm sorry if you want this deal for you and your terminal go for it. I don't.

People you need to wake up! This contract is really no big deal! Teamsters are telling us this is a model contract! Yea! A model flop!