1. Try The Zello app for your phone and join the Truckingboards channel to talk live in real time .... It's Free get it for Apple or Android.. It's like a phone CB Radio... You can lurk or talk , your choiuce just don't mess with your phone while driving. Zello features: • Real-time streaming, high quality voice • Contacts availability and text status • Public and private channels for up to 2500 users • Option to map hardware PTT (Push To Talk) button • Bluetooth headset support (selected phones) * Android Wear support • Voice history • Call alert • Images • Push notifications • Works over WiFi, 2G, 3G, or 4G mobile data

Info on Central Freight please

Discussion in 'Central Freight' started by darkon, Jun 3, 2012.

1. beerfd

beerfd Well-Known Member

They also closed the big Dallas yard..run everything out of Ft. Worth now.

2. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

They still have a place in Dallas at the old USF Bestway terminal on Empire Central..............But they did close the big one in Irving.

3. beerfd

beerfd Well-Known Member

Didn't know that. I haven't ran Love Field in a while. Thanks.

4. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Two reasons for this post.....Wanted to clarify they are on a street off Empire Central .....can't remember the name.....And I just wanted my name to be the last one posting on this dead forum.

5. mlang216

mlang216 Active Member

Thought I'd chime in.... a buddy of mine worked there for a few months before returning to the oil fields (can't give it up haha). He had a starting pay of 20/HR, worked 50 hours a week on average last spring and there was OT after 50. I cannot speak to the benefits or vacation policies. I know his only complaint was at times coming in just to have to wait on a truck because they had none for him. His shift was 1pm to 11 pm roughly. He did not work the dock usually. This was in Fort Worth, TX.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Livin' the Dream........Old School.

They're still alive in my neck of the woods. Small, but still around. I see them almost every day.

[​IMG]

Sugarfoot and albag like this.
  7. David Ramos

David Ramos The#1Hostler

I used to be a hostler @ the Irving Terminal,but it was shut down a few years ago.Damn that yard had so many potholes and it will take forever to locate a trailer.Heard half of them went to the FTW terminal and the rest to the Empire Central terminal.

8. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

What went the pot holes... lol!

mlang216 likes this.
  9. mlang216

mlang216 Active Member

Haha! Indeed, they did.

10. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

They are as far east as Nashville and I think most of Georgia , if not all of the state. Is there any rumors of Central Freight expansion into all of Tennessee???