FedEx Freight | Info on company policy

Pitbull

TB Lurker
Credits
I got a DUI in 1997, it was expunged from my record. But I think in might show up on my backgroung check, Does anyone know how far the background check goes back? and if FedEx Freight even hires anyone with a DUI on there driving record? even if it was 9 years ago...any info would be greatly apprieciated, I did work the docks back in 2004 for FedEX Freight, since then I have got my class A cdl with doubles/triples, hazmat, tankers all my endorsements and would like to get into a dock to driver type program, but didn't know if the DUI would hurt my chances, theres nothing else on my driving record... Thanks

Pitbull said:
I got a DUI in 1997, it was expunged from my record. But I think in might show up on my backgroung check, Does anyone know how far the background check goes back? and if FedEx Freight even hires anyone with a DUI on there driving record? even if it was 9 years ago...any info would be greatly apprieciated, I did work the docks back in 2004 for FedEX Freight, since then I have got my class A cdl with doubles/triples, hazmat, tankers all my endorsements and would like to get into a dock to driver type program, but didn't know if the DUI would hurt my chances, theres nothing else on my driving record... Thanks
I think they go back 5 years, dont quote me on that but I think thats what I was told at one time. As far as dock to driver program, if you already have your cdl with endorsements you could hire in as a driver if you can show 2 years tractor/trailer experience.

Grizzly said:
I think they go back 5 years, dont quote me on that but I think thats what I was told at one time. As far as dock to driver program, if you already have your cdl with endorsements you could hire in as a driver if you can show 2 years tractor/trailer experience.

I think 10yrs.

The background check tells then weather or not you can possess a hazmat endorsement, I don't believe a D.U.I will stop you from holding your hazmat endorsement, If the D.U.I is not curently on your MVR i don't think it will hinder your chances at being a driver here, Don't offer any information thats not asked for, But don't try to hide anything either (they will find out), I could be wrong but i believe you should be ok. Good Luck!!

I know they ask for 10 years employment history and it might be 10 years of tickets etc. also. Just be completly honest and upfront.

Welcome Pitbull,

We have a hostler who says they won't let him drive due to a dui he got when younger.
However that is what he says so check it out for yourself, I would run a mvr on myself and see if it's on there if expunged it shouldn't be, If it's not on your record it's none of their business.

FM

I just got a copy of mvr and the DUI is still on there from 1997, but is exspunged off my criminal record, the lady at the Department of Transportation said that in Iowa DUI's stay on your driving record for 12 yrs. I know a lot of companies will hire you after 3 yrs have passed but they are mostly OTR but I would rather do LTL work... just wish I knew for sure how far the background check went back? if it was less then 9 yrs. I wouldn't list it on my application.

10 years employment history and 5 years mvr Our previous ccm asked if anyone knows anyone looking for a job with a cdl. DUI was brought up, and we were told as long as you haven't had one in the last 5 years then they would qualify to work at FXFE

Chitownpeddler, thats for the info... I have been at the same job for 12 yrs and the DUI was 9 yrs ago, do you think thank would be good enough to work the dock parttime then move to driver if a spot opens up? I am not currently driving but have all the endorsements for LTL, Thanks

I don't have any driving exp, but when I worked the dock in 2004 they told me I would have a chance to become a driver before they hired off the street. when I filled out my app in 2004 I only applied for the dock position so I did not list the DUI. I didn't talk to the TM about the DUI and since then it is a new TM and management. I did have my CDL, hazmat,doubles/triples. The real kicker is that about a month after I left they hired a new driver. The reason I left was I was working 50 hrs at my regular job and about 15 hrs at FedEx Freight a week, had I of known I would of stuck it out for another month to see what would of happened....