FedEx Freight | Info on FedEx awesome pension

Sorry, you left out a very significant issue on our beautiful pension. Every year, it's mailed to each of us, the details of the fedex pension. In plan details, it shows allocated funds and expenditures. Under provisions, fedex has the right to petition, to the governing body executing our pension, claim it's underfunded, and have it taken away from us. It's all there in the intranet at work../mypension. We will at one point I'm sure, be sitting where conway is, by taking our pension funds. And they have the audacity to say teamsters have a lousy pension? Hypocrites in is truest form!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the FXF pension is a benefit that cost us nothing. They don't have to give us a penny. Buy They have done this for us. I plan on retiring on my 401K not this pension.

You are right. However, under the plan rules, fedex can exercise it's rite, claim underfunded, and take it from you. You get nothing. It's all there in black and white. Look it up at work.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the FXF pension is a benefit that cost us nothing. They don't have to give us a penny. Buy They have done this for us. I plan on retiring on my 401K not this pension.

So how do you like pbj and bologna bout all your going to be eating when u retire. Im not trying to be mean and its not funny but you might want to talk to a financial adviser about your grand plan.

I liked it better when they kicked 2.5% into my 401k. 401k performs better than the 4% annual return the pension does, and once it was deposited it was in MY account!

I encourage everyone to log on the the site to check your pension. It has a calculator to show what you will get when you do retire. I do agree that depending on the pension to carry you is a bit much but FedEx could do a lot more compared to other pensions. If I take an early out at 55 which is 7 years away I can get just over $200 a month. Not bad for putting in over 20 years here huh?

I encourage everyone to log on the the site to check your pension. It has a calculator to show what you will get when you do retire. I do agree that depending on the pension to carry you is a bit much but FedEx could do a lot more compared to other pensions. If I take an early out at 55 which is 7 years away I can get just over $200 a month. Not bad for putting in over 20 years here huh?
Except you will have been in the pension for only 10 years. I'm curious to know what it will be with an additional 10 years working?

Guardrail

They still match 3.5% of your money (as long as you contribute 6%). How did you come to this incorrect assumption? Or did I miss something?
Ok they used to put in 2.5% in 401 regardless if you were enrolled our not, and if you participated they would match 50% up to 6% if your pay. When they started the pension they quit putting in the 2.5 in 401.

I am over 15 years into it now. Currently my monthly draw would be a little over $100 is I retired today. If I were to make it to 65 then I could really bank under $600. I am a realist and don't see me making it past the 55 mark. Way too many years of company abuse already.