FedEx Freight | Info on FedEx awesome pension

That would be good but it can disappear in a day from your 401k like back in 2008, everyone lost a boat load of money when the market took a dive. I would rather have something guaranteed to each their own.

I didn't lose any money at all. The only folks who lost money are those dumb enough to panic and sell in a temporary downturn. As for the 401, a properly managed one has far more potential than even the best pension plans, and there are no guarantees with pensions...look what's happened the last 20 years to hundreds of pension plans that failed. And before you tell me most folks can't manage a 401, Vanguard will manage yours for a very reasonable fee.

I didn't lose any money at all. The only folks who lost money are those dumb enough to panic and sell in a temporary downturn. As for the 401, a properly managed one has far more potential than even the best pension plans, and there are no guarantees with pensions...look what's happened the last 20 years to hundreds of pension plans that failed. And before you tell me most folks can't manage a 401, Vanguard will manage yours for a very reasonable fee.

You must have had the only 401k plan that didn't loose money in 08, the average 401k lost 14% some lost more.
http://money.usnews.com/money/retir.../12/how-did-your-401k-really-stack-up-in-2008

In 2008 the numbers changed in my 401K, but if you didn't panic and just left your account alone, by the time I retired in Jan 2011 my account was back on track. Now its about 25% of my retirement package. Vanguard charges a fee to maintain your account. Now I'm paying my financial advisor and that's working out well for me. I retired with a lot more money in my 401K than I could have ever saved on my own. I have to pay taxes on the money I draw out, but its only about 12%, which is a lot lower that I was paying when I was working.

In 2008 the numbers changed in my 401K, but if you didn't panic and just left your account alone, by the time I retired in Jan 2011 my account was back on track. Now its about 25% of my retirement package. Vanguard charges a fee to maintain your account. Now I'm paying my financial advisor and that's working out well for me. I retired with a lot more money in my 401K than I could have ever saved on my own. I have to pay taxes on the money I draw out, but its only about 12%, which is a lot lower that I was paying when I was working.
And if you had to take a distribution in 2008 how much would it be? Point is the market makes a "correction" about every ten years so no you can't always depend on your 401

And if you had to take a distribution in 2008 how much would it be? Point is the market makes a "correction" about every ten years so no you can't always depend on your 401
If I had retired in 2008, I'd be in the same place I am today. I didn't take my money out and stick it under my mattress, I reinvested it. If your looking for a sure thing, its death and taxes.

The portable pension plan we have now would be great if Fedex contributed at 2X more then they are now. And I do not need some yokel here to tell me to contribute more to my 401k. We all deserve more funding contributions from FedEx and a dam better medical package. Share some of wealth FedEx your making plenty of doe. Your future Stock prediction is $207 a share because of the lousy medical plans you offer us and the low contribution you make for our pension. This is why some of us have woke up for change.

Last edited:
The portable pension plan we have now would be great if Fedex contributed at 2X more then they are now. And I do not need some yokel here to tell me to contribute more to my 401k. We all deserve more funding contributions from FedEx and a dam better medical package. Share some of wealth FedEx your making plenty of doe. Your future Stock prediction is $207 a share because of the lousy medical plans you offer us and the low contribution you make for our pension. This is why some of us have woke up for change.

Fedex has plenty of deer?