Holland | Inhumane cold dock work environment

ytc-atm and Joe's bar & grill ," settle down , it was a joke post ", but thanks for the work tips, and yes I did think the company controlled the weather !!! as they control everything else !!! now you two have a great wonderful day and thanks for caring about me ,you are great guys .
-9 on the dock when I started today. -25 windchill. Lots of breakroom time

-9 on the dock when I started today. -25 windchill. Lots of breakroom time

AtVaLhh.jpg

So cold here in Akron even the Well-Diggers called off work!

Rain is just as bad with slicks on the lifts. Open air docks suck but are the norm in the industry... You have to adjust for conditions just like on the road. Next thing you'll tell me the freight industry should only move freight when it's sunny and 72.
No the point is it is NOT still the 1960's , they could bring the very old docks up to todays new standards , just look at R&L trucking they have heated docks with bumpers ?? and before you even say then Quit go there , have tried they won't hire union guys ??

No the point is it is NOT still the 1960's , they could bring the very old docks up to todays new standards , just look at R&L trucking they have heated docks with bumpers ?? and before you even say then Quit go there , have tried they won't hire union guys ??
R&L's dock here is open. No bumpers.

R&L's dock here is open. No bumpers.
the new R&L barns do have heated docks & bumpers , I have seen them , point in 2015 we do have the TECHNOLOGY to heat the docks and make them SAFER , then driving on snow on the dock , and think about this in the OFFICE do they still have old 1960's manual typewriters ?? it's time to bring the docks up to date in 2015 , think about the $$$$ saved by driver's not having to spend OT time getting dressed for dock and then no need for warm room and not having to plug forklifts in daily and freight would get moved faster too !!!

the new R&L barns do have heated docks & bumpers , I have seen them , point in 2015 we do have the TECHNOLOGY to heat the docks and make them SAFER , then driving on snow on the dock , and think about this in the OFFICE do they still have old 1960's manual typewriters ?? it's time to bring the docks up to date in 2015 , think about the $$$$ saved by driver's not having to spend OT time getting dressed for dock and then no need for warm room and not having to plug forklifts in daily and freight would get moved faster too !!!

Why would you want to improve technology and operating efficency? The whole contract and business model acts as if it's still the 1960's so why do you care if it's more efficient? My guess is someone doesn't like the cold.

Cut the gas off to the office. ...I'm willing to bet they will shut down till it's turned back on.

It would be funny to see them dress for the cold.

Why would you want to improve technology and operating efficency? The whole contract and business model acts as if it's still the 1960's so why do you care if it's more efficient? My guess is someone doesn't like the cold.
the cold is not the point the point is that the office is up to date , but the docks & driver's handheld old computers are way outdated , and YES I know there are alot of MACHO driver's that want to prove how MACHO they are daily on here , but then these MACHO driver's should still have a old 1960's truck with manual steering , no air cond. , no air seat , no cell phone , it is 2015 lets update the dock operations !!!