Holland | Inhumane cold dock work environment

I certainly wouldn't know... Getting a little snarky are we?

Did someone say my name? Pay no attention to him. He is from Buffalo and well . . . you have to know someone from Buffalo to understand. That's all I'll say!

I worked City for OD in 2000 in South Bend, IN for about six months they treated me ok, and back then I paid, I think $30 for medical and dental for myself and four boys.

Did someone say my name? Pay no attention to him. He is from Buffalo and well . . . you have to know someone from Buffalo to understand. That's all I'll say!

I worked City for OD in 2000 in South Bend, IN for about six months they treated me ok, and back then I paid, I think $30 for medical and dental for myself and four boys.

Oh, you're just sore because I took the best sterling in AK last nite.....and what's wrong with buffalo, I grew up in Michigan myself?

I can sympathize but how long have freight companies been moving freight in cold temps? You choose where you live and know the temp averages...
No offense, but, this is kinda why we're still stuck where we're at. Its kinda why we have positions like 10% and such. Time to move out of the dark ages and say we want this ( heat like in the office or we'll walk our rears out ). Ill do it. Will you? Got to stand up. Don't you agree?

Yep, long nite last nite...good thing I went to bed in Cincy, good bar there....

Do you have an in dash radio, or you got a slipseat box?

In dash with the team truck. I did run a slip seat box when I ran solo. Bought a Sony heavy duty job site stereo and mounted my xm on the top with zip ties. Ran a 300 watt inverter for power to the radio and xm and ran the xm receiver out the door hinge on the mirror mount with a clamp and a flat piece of steel.

Oh, you're just sore because I took the best sterling in AK last nite.....and what's wrong with buffalo, I grew up in Michigan myself?

Lol :lmao: You must be the dude that dropped the Sterling a number of Sundays ago and took my buddy Jimmy's Volvo. He was due out at 6pm for Danville/Lincoln kick'n'pick. He said the Guy signed in from Buffalo. I just had breakfast with Jimmy this morning and heard about it. He is still mad and its been, what a month-six weeks ago?

:mf swordfight:Surrender now Bill its your only hope ! The only thing saving your butt is that Jimmy is very easy going. He might give you the stink-eye or mouth off a little, but he would never flat out get in your face. :argue:

However, Jimmy is hyper detail oriented and guaranteed he will never forget your name and is actively watching the Inbound/Outbound sheets. Maybe you should 'forget' to sign the sheets for a while . . . Like a couple of years.:popcorn:

In dash with the team truck. I did run a slip seat box when I ran solo. Bought a Sony heavy duty job site stereo and mounted my xm on the top with zip ties. Ran a 300 watt inverter for power to the radio and xm and ran the xm receiver out the door hinge on the mirror mount with a clamp and a flat piece of steel.

I was thinking of a jobsite radio myself, i already have a cobra inverter. Would one of those little makitas be loud enough? How was the reception?

Lol :lmao: You must be the dude that dropped the Sterling a number of Sundays ago and took my buddy Jimmy's Volvo. He was due out at 6pm for Danville/Lincoln kick'n'pick. He said the Guy signed in from Buffalo. I just had breakfast with Jimmy this morning and heard about it. He is still mad and its been, what a month-six weeks ago?

:mf swordfight:Surrender now Bill its your only hope ! The only thing saving your butt is that Jimmy is very easy going. He might give you the stink-eye or mouth off a little, but he would never flat out get in your face. :argue:

However, Jimmy is hyper detail oriented and guaranteed he will never forget your name and is actively watching the Inbound/Outbound sheets. Maybe you should 'forget' to sign the sheets for a while . . . Like a couple of years.:popcorn:

Not me, i was on a hold down, Cincy slip. I HAD An intertrashional , but im on my 6th truck this week!!

No offense, but, this is kinda why we're still stuck where we're at. Its kinda why we have positions like 10% and such. Time to move out of the dark ages and say we want this ( heat like in the office or we'll walk our rears out ). Ill do it. Will you? Got to stand up. Don't you agree?
There are 15 year old trucks with leins on them, what makes you think they can afford heat?

I was thinking of a jobsite radio myself, i already have a cobra inverter. Would one of those little makitas be loud enough? How was the reception?

Mine is a little bigger than the makita but I think one of those would pump out enough sound. The fm worked ok when I worked city, but I use my xm almost exclusively on linehaul.

good to know, I cant trust this place anymore with "assigned" tractors. that's just slang for, extended slipseat. you might be in one for a week, 2 months, somewhere in between. eventually you will have to pack up your stuff and throw it in another sweet million mile behemoth...

No heat on the docks......not going to change.......too expensive.

But I have some connections. So I'll let you know when I get the delivery date etched in stone.lol

550741_b359_1024x2000.jpg