Holland | Inhumane cold dock work environment

jJ7p5QG.jpg
Tis the season of -10 to -20 below and -20 to -30 below wind chill , really makes you wonder again why sheep voted to give up -15% $$$$ to work in these conditions ??:732:So THINK before voting in 2019 !!

Last edited:
I tell you what keeps me warm and everybody should follow this one rule if your working on the dock 3 airplane bottles of whisky to one 12oz Pepsi can in your water bottle keep drinking till warm or until the freight starts looking like it's sitting sideways hold off for 30 min then repeat process and I bet at the end of the day when your done you will be nice and warm and passed out in the break room or your car
AND, if you have a supervisor who never leaves the office, he will never know. von.

Last edited:
No heat on the docks......not going to change.......too expensive.

But I have some connections. So I'll let you know when I get the delivery date etched in stone.lol

550741_b359_1024x2000.jpg
Not a good threat. I have nothing of value. I am judgement proof. If for some reason you did get a judgement against me, good luck on the collection side. As to the pic posted with the super charged fork lift motor. Nice. von.

Not a good threat. I have nothing of value. I am judgement proof. If for some reason you did get a judgement against me, good luck on the collection side. As to the pic posted with the super charged fork lift motor. Nice. von.

I'll go along with the judgement proof, I started out with nothing and still have most of it, I'll share!

Inhumane sub zero cold dock working environment , is something our union should ask to be changed in our next contract talks in the year 2525 !!!
I expected that from a lot of people but not you Wong. Yes, it would be nice if all docks had heaters and doors, but it is not reality. Did it 38 years, over 20 of those on the dock, coffee froze on the table, snot frozen on my face. Toughen up.

I expected that from a lot of people but not you Wong. Yes, it would be nice if all docks had heaters and doors, but it is not reality. Did it 38 years, over 20 of those on the dock, coffee froze on the table, snot frozen on my face. Toughen up.
Never forgot the first time I delivered to the GM Plant just south of the Milwaukee WI airport. I was delivering 5131 baskets my company repaired. The fork lift driver came out of the building with a brand new Baker fork lift with a all weather containment cover. The Baker was fully heated & air conditioned. Working as a forklift driver for GM I don't believe he ever got wet or broke a sweat loading & unloading. von.