SEFL | Injuries

Dick Dastardly

Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!
Credits
We seem to be having a high number of lost time injuries lately. It comes as no surprise to me with some of the junk freight we haul and are expected to off load as p&d drivers.

How is it across the board? Are we just the exception or is this common place? I wonder if these final mile trucks will help with some of the injuries and difficulties of unloading from a Semi?

Our injuries aren't happening at time of delivery, but it's more of an accumulated effect from those type deliveries. One ton plus with a pallet jack, jerking, in and out of trailer doing a hotel stop. Residential customers better have help or I'll bring it back

The terminal I worked at was notorious for carpet related injuries. I delivered to a furniture store once that had a dock about level with the bumper of a pickup truck, no forklift only hand trucks and dollies. The owner had ordered 3 of those big 15 footers that are almost waist high and weigh 8-900 lbs and he thought him and I were going to unload them. I haven't seen a roll of carpet since I left Sefl. Do any other freight companies really haul it on a large scale?