Pitt-Ohio | Insurance

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
If your a new hire, you need to read very closely that packet they send to you if your going to use highmark health insurance. this insurance is less than stellar and you will pay thousands of dollars a year out of YOUR pocket to use it. Yes there is no deductible and no cost however its 80/20 and so many things are NOT covered its not worth the envelope they sent it in or the postage they paid to send it.

I’ve had this insurance for 8+ years and haven’t paid “thousands” out of pocket total in that time. And my three children are on my insurance in addition to myself.

If your a new hire, you need to read very closely that packet they send to you if your going to use highmark health insurance. this insurance is less than stellar and you will pay thousands of dollars a year out of YOUR pocket to use it. Yes there is no deductible and no cost however its 80/20 and so many things are NOT covered its not worth the envelope they sent it in or the postage they paid to send it.
Honestly think of what you just complained about in this post. No premium no deductible health insurance that uses blue cross blue shields network. You also have the choice to use Aetna's network if that's better for your area. Compared to other companies on these boards other than a few a person with a family is saving over a hundred dollars a week or more. Good thing it's spring time so hopefully everyone will be hiring if your that unhappy or think this insurance is ::shit::.

All you do is pay for everything 20% there is no end to paying. They bought a basic policy and are paying the premiums on your behalf. Read the info that cones in the packet you'll see it's lousy at best. Covers hardly anything.

Honestly think of what you just complained about in this post. No premium no deductible health insurance that uses blue cross blue shields network. You also have the choice to use Aetna's network if that's better for your area. Compared to other companies on these boards other than a few a person with a family is saving over a hundred dollars a week or more. Good thing it's spring time so hopefully everyone will be hiring if your that unhappy or think this insurance is ::::shit::::.
I tell it like it is. I take whats published and make a sound reasonable choice based on facts. Its people like you who spout its free and great then dont look down at what your being given as top quality healthcare. Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Sometimes people who read and understand make their voices heard instead of relying on someone like the TM or a coworker to tell you how great the insurance is. For some who have a non working spouse for whatever reason and a pile of kids this may in fact be the best thing they ever got besides obama care and welfare.

Its been said on here and other places that spouses with insurance aren't covered. They have to take theirs. NY teamsters plan did have that restrictions at one time as well. There's copays like any insurance. I certainly do look at the fine print. My wife does have a good insurance plan and we compared both plans and she hands down agrees that this plan is better. If your honestly that unhappy I'd suggest you find an employer that meets your needs. There's plenty of driving jobs that's for sure.

Your welcome. What specifically do you hate about the insurance? Yes I wished my wife could be covered. We were on her family plan before I got coverage started with Pitt. The weekly premium was over $180 a week for the best family plan. She dropped to single a few months back and now pays only $30 a week in premiums. My wife is diabetic so we look at health insurance very closely.

Never ending fees for everything 20% coinsurance. I reached out to Erin and immediately canceled my insurance 1 day after getting the booklet and piles of paperwork for bcbs.

Imagine you need surgery on your knee. You will have the surgeon fee the anesthesia Dr the hospital or outpatient facility fee it will be thousands of dollars. All to save a few dollars on weekly insurance premiums and a deductible.

Please don't take me the wrong way I'm not personally attacking you. I'm telling people who cone here for info the truth based out of the documents that are given from highmark and pitt.

Make the company give us/you better insurance better 401k with a match vs self funding. Give us brand name dental and vision insurance. What works in PA and OH may not work in NY PA NJ VA etc. Provide us with insight on how the company is doing we are totally in the dark.

I maybe bitter about things here but my problems shouldn't poison the good that the company has to offer.