insurance

honeys78

TB Lurker
Credits
:attention:without contacting human resources does any of my fellow drivers know who our life insurance is through and the group policy # :smilie_132:

Nemf had it when I started there in 99. I had to fill out paperwork for it. Seems like it payed more if you died at work - maybe 100k at work or 25k outside of work. I never received any paperwork on the policy and never heard about it again........

It wouldn't hurt to call HR before "offing" yourself to make sure!

That's why I don't buy extra life insurance.

1. I'm dead. How do I know they paid up

2. I'm dead. Any debt I had isn't my problem anymore

3. I'm dead.

1. It's not about you, it's about your loved ones.

2. It's not about you, it's about your loved ones.

3. It's not about you, it's about your loved ones.

1. It's not about you, it's about your loved ones.

2. It's not about you, it's about your loved ones.

3. It's not about you, it's about your loved ones.

Oh I get it now. Still doesn't apply to me, I haved no loved ones. If you knew me you'd know why.:duh:

There is an outside insurance carried through the union, and American General. Very similiar to AFLAC, or Combined Life, only the payouts are NO where near and it is much more expensive. Also from personal experience filing a claim is ridiculous. I actually cancelled it 2 years ago after carrying it for 2 years, getting a knee injury on the job, out for 4 months and recieved a whopping $250.00 after I went back to work.

AIG, go figure. Is that the disability insurance where the guy came around to all the terminals not too long ago? Because I signed up for the disability supplement part but don't remember ever getting any paperwork, but I think it is getting deducted from me each week.

It says Disability Ins $17.63. Would that be it?

whatever it is called if you have it ,cancel it...you pay every week and like a fellow driver said your reimbursment is a joke... i canceled it , but then it took them like 3 months to stop taking it out of my check..beware of the time it takes to stop coming out of your check...its pretty annoying...

yup that would be it...
I don't think it's AIG, the one that is in trouble I think it's American General Insurance AGI but don't quote me

About American General Life Companies : About Us : American General Life Companies

"American General Life Companies is the marketing name for the insurance companies and affiliates of American International Group, Inc. that comprise its domestic life insurance operations."

whatever it is called if you have it ,cancel it...you pay every week and like a fellow driver said your reimbursment is a joke... i canceled it , but then it took them like 3 months to stop taking it out of my check..beware of the time it takes to stop coming out of your check...its pretty annoying...

How do I go about cancelling it?

Ok found my paperwork. It says AIG/American General Assurance. It's $250/month for on the job loss and $1750/mo off the job for months 1-6 and $2500/mo for months 7-15. It starts after 7 days. Why did you only get $250? Did you put up a fight? Says it right in the certificate. Seems it would be an easy win in small claims court if you did everything as required.

Ok found my paperwork. It says AIG/American General Assurance. It's $250/month for on the job loss and $1750/mo off the job for months 1-6 and $2500/mo for months 7-15. It starts after 7 days. Why did you only get $250? Did you put up a fight? Says it right in the certificate. Seems it would be an easy win in small claims court if you did everything as required.

At the time I was so far behind with everything I took the $ and just cancelled. The only way to cancel this insurance is to contact them directly and they will mail you a form that you have to sign and return.
A the time I did not have enough fight in me, They were foreclosing on my house. In retrospect that $ would not have helped anyway.

So did you take forever to file it then? Because if it's not something that was their fault I won't worry about cancelling mine.