Insurance

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
So how is your insurance cost?

Being union here, ours is high, we didn't have enough membership during contract negotiations to keep it down.

Do you non union houses have low cost insurance?

Noooo
just a few years (5-6) family med/dental/vision was just about 125 a MONTH, 25 copayment and absolutely no deductibles or anything else out of pocket. Med alone now is almost 70/wk, that's for a high deductible plan where we're responsible for the first 2500 each year, 80/20 after that I believe. Starting this year smokers have to pay a 500 surcharge each year too.
I'm sure it could be worse, and to be fair our pay has gone up quite a bit too,it's just that Sysco benefits used to be 2nd to almost no one else, still get sticker shock when compared to what they used to be.

Insurance is a huge cost to the company, in this day of giant executive bonuses, they have to find the money somewhere, because the rich refuse to get poor, my insurance is around 36 per week, but we are responsible for a big deductable, almost impossible to meet unless your really spending some killer money at the doc, so we pay alot, at the end of the next 5 yrs we will be responsible for 35% of the cost, hopefully our membership is near 100% and we can get a better deal, I went on the wifes insurance due to ours being so costly.

Right now we pay zero a week for benefits(Western PA Teamster health and welfare benefits). How much longer that will last, no one knows.

Obamacare has put the healthcare system in turmoil, it's just getting started, hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride with a crash landing. Anyone who thought a bill that had thousands of pages was going to work, was foolish. It's a turd.

Obamacare has put the healthcare system in turmoil, it's just getting started, hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride with a crash landing. Anyone who thought a bill that had thousands of pages was going to work, was foolish. It's a turd.

My tax man asked if I had insurance through my company, I said yes, he said good and showed me what the tax would be next year if I don't, I was shocked.

Makes a hell of alot of sense, people don't have insurance because they can't afford it, what makes ossama obama think they can afford the tax because they are poor and can't afford insurance?

This country is really in the toilet, I'm becoming ashamed of America. Mainly those that lead her, thank God for term limits for the president.