XPO | Insurance

The only thing that doesn’t make sense is their making record profits why are they passing on the cost to the employees. I thought the argument was that when a company does well it will take care of its employees. It’s hard to have faith in that theory.

(I posted this on another thread but I'll repost it here in the appropriate thread for all the guys that say "they just give us a raise and then take it back in the fall")

We got a 2.5% raise this year the insurance went up $2-$8 depending on plan plus they doubled contribution to 4% so actually I got a 4.5% raise. I'll take that. Some of us can do math but for those who can't. Make $100k plus 4.5% means you got a raise of $4500, take $8 a week extra for insurance means they took back $416. I think we did ok with that extra $4086. (I realize some don't make what I make as a linehaul driver but you can do the math for yourself with your own wages I bet it still works out in your favor.)

(I posted this on another thread but I'll repost it here in the appropriate thread for all the guys that say "they just give us a raise and then take it back in the fall")

We got a 2.5% raise this year the insurance went up $2-$8 depending on plan plus they doubled contribution to 4% so actually I got a 4.5% raise. I'll take that. Some of us can do math but for those who can't. Make $100k plus 4.5% means you got a raise of $4500, take $8 a week extra for insurance means they took back $416. I think we did ok with that extra $4086. (I realize some don't make what I make as a linehaul driver but you can do the math for yourself with your own wages I bet it still works out in your favor.)
Not sure why their asking for anything from you if their supposedly making record profits. I truly hope it works out in the positive for you that would be good.

Last edited:
Not sure why their asking for anything from you if their supposedly making record profits.
That wasn't your first response now was it? The first thing you said is "why do they give you a raise is they're just gonna take it back". So now that we've done the equation and it turns out we still got a raise you say "why do they need to take anything back since we're making record profits?"

As to your second response I really don't know but I assume they have a certain percentage of the bottom line they want to keep insurance costs to the company at so as insurance costs went up the percentage we pay of it went up commensurately.

That wasn't your first response now was it? The first thing you said is "why do they give you a raise is they're just gonna take it back". So now that we've done the equation and it turns out we still got a raise you say "why do they need to take anything back since we're making record profits?"

As to your second response I really don't know but I assume they have a certain percentage of the bottom line they want to keep insurance costs to the company at so as insurance costs went up the percentage we pay of it went up commensurately.
Could be

I’m not sure if your 401k match figures into your cola but you can certainly do it if you want to look at it that way.
So your premiums went up along with your copay by 30% (correct me if I’m wrong) how about your out of pocket maximums and so on ?
In a market where driver are at a premium and company profits are record level I just don’t think we should seeing increases in our insurance. That just my way of looking at it. A little bit at a time and what will be left of it.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if your 401k match figures into your cola but you can certainly do it if you want to look at it that way.
It's extra money in your total benefits package. For a guy who is always talking about getting better benefits, well we just got some and I hear crickets.

And that is direct dollars in an account with your name on it, so yes I consider that income. The government is gonna tax it as income when I withdraw it

It's extra money in your total benefits package. For a guy who is always talking about getting better benefits, well we just got some and I hear crickets.

And that is direct dollars in an account with your name on it, so yes I consider that income. The government is gonna tax it as income when I withdraw it
I think it’s a definite step in the right direction with the 401k and I applaud it . What they were offering before this was pitiful. If you got the impression I wasn’t you were mistaken. I just don’t get the insurance thing .

It's no wonder we can't attract quality employees (let alone drivers) with a substandard 401k, and horrific medical insurance for the first year. We have to do better than this. New quality employees are an investment for this company.

Do you get matched dollar for dollar or is there a cap?

A change in benefits is considered a raise? That's called fuzzy math. Any improvements in the benefit package is a definite step in the right direction totally agree.

Employees hired after 1/1/2010 will get 100% match up to first 3% contributed and 50% match for the next 2% contributed.
Whatever reason that Xpo improved their 401k is a step in the right direction. Pressure from union activity , competition or out of the kindness of their hearts it’s an improvement.

Whatever reason that Xpo improved their 401k is a step in the right direction. Pressure from union activity , competition or out of the kindness of their hearts it’s an improvement.
It's better than nothing I guess. After the company susupended the pension, we were told we'd get to the yearly contribution plus a .50 match up to 6%.

You got the double talking dipshit tripping all over himself. A few more educated and thought out posts, and you can probably have him spun around and chasing his tail.

A change in benefits is considered a raise? That's called fuzzy math. Any improvements in the benefit package is a definite step in the right direction totally agree.

People have claimed that we got a raise in the spring only to have it taken in the fall by rising benefit costs. This doesn't seem to be the case this year. When looking at the entire compensation package. Also, it seems they do listen. A company stock purchase program and improvements to retirement accounts and more flexibility to manage your personal future. These are all things that many people have expressed in a variety of formats.

Pressure from the union ? The union seems to be running away from this place. They might have caught wind of the future automation of the industry. Or do you have more news of more votes ? The last " ;) " you gave us turned out to be a lie. Your boy " Chris " went in there and talked to those guys and there never was a vote. But you didn't bother sharing that with every one, did you ?