XPO | Insurance

Ours did not change we our under contract negotiations . Ours stay the same as last year.
I’m sorry I thought you knew that.
Someone that is well versed will be along any minute to explain this ....
I get all that. Eventually you’re going to have similar premiums. I don’t see you gettting healthcare for free. At the end of the day, if you work for XPO, it’s our premiums.

I get all that. Eventually you’re going to have similar premiums. I don’t see you gettting healthcare for free. At the end of the day, if you work for XPO, it’s our premiums.
It remains to be seen anything else is speculation. Our coverage remains the same for this year are premium and co pays remain the same as last year.Thats why I used “your” insurance when referring to increases nothing more.

According to the Government 30% of US workers don’t participate on 401k offed by the employer. ( mind blowing) That’s why we see the no contribution for workers from Xpo that elect not to participate vs the automatic contributions we had with con-way . It’s easy to offer something when you know statistically a third ( particularly young new drivers) will not require any more cost to the company. Its a safe bet. That being said everyone should contribute at least what the company matches if they can afford it.

Last edited:
Ours did not change we our under contract negotiations . Ours stay the same as last year.
I’m sorry I thought you knew that.
Someone that is well versed will be along any minute to explain this ....
Just remember that when a raise comes out. Not trying to be an ******* just saying

I get 4% for losing my pension whether I put in to it or not. New hires get first 3% at 100 and next 3% at 50. That equals 4.5%. New hires never lost a pension, New hires never lost a match. I did, why don't I get a match on what I contribute?
So you got 4 and when you hit 20yrs you get 5. For the last 6yrs you got 4 and all of us that was hired after 2010 only got 2. For me to get 4 I have to put in 5. You get 4 now and 5 at 20yrs even if you don't put a dime in.

I applaud our company for making the retirement package better for alot of its employees. I am discouraged that those of us who have stuck with it through thick and thin, good times and bad get nothing more. Us drivers that had a CWX,CCX,CSE patch.
Yet you forget who took your pension away. You all talk highly of the CWX, CCX, CSE but think back and look who took it all away....

I can't understan
According to the Government 30% of US workers don’t participate on 401k offed by the employer. ( mind blowing) That’s why we see the no contribution for workers from Xpo that elect not to participate vs the automatic contributions we had with con-way . It’s easy to offer something when you know statistically a third ( particularly young new drivers) will not require any more cost to the company. Its a safe bet. That being said everyone should contribute at least what the company matches if they can afford it.
I'm glad you brought this up, but I'm afraid your numbers are quite skewed...it's actually a bit higher I think. Great point, because the folks that don't contribute pay more than enough for the ones that do.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...americans-aren-t-putting-money-in-their-401-k

I can't understan

I'm glad you brought this up, but I'm afraid your numbers are quite skewed...it's actually a bit higher I think. Great point, because the folks that don't contribute pay more than enough for the ones that do.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...americans-aren-t-putting-money-in-their-401-k
I was going on on statistics from the US Department of Labor. As referenced in this article.

https://captain401.com/blog/401k-participation-rates/
What are average 401(k) participation and contribution rates?
Information from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)indicates that about 30% of eligible workers don’t participate in their employer's retirement investment plan.

I meant those that don't contribute save the company more than enough to cover the one that do.
I would almost bet that an even larger percentage of the newer guys don’t contribute anything because there living pay to pay check so it’s even a safer bet that although offer is good it won’t cost the company much .

Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...

Last edited:
I would almost bet that an even larger percentage of the newer guys don’t contribute anything because there living pay to pay check so it’s even a safer bet that although offer is good it won’t cost the company much .

My God you guys are hard to freaking take. We get it. The company is terrible, horrible, very God awful, probably out killing small orphan children on the weekends. Got it. If someone doesn't participate in 401k to get match that's on them not the company. If you were to get the 4% contribution no strings and that is all you expected to retire on you would be in bad shape In old age but don't let common sense destroy an agenda so proceed with corporation bashing

My God you guys are hard to freaking take. We get it. The company is terrible, horrible, very God awful, probably out killing small orphan children on the weekends. Got it. If someone doesn't participate in 401k to get match that's on them not the company. If you were to get the 4% contribution no strings and that is all you expected to retire on you would be in bad shape In old age but don't let common sense destroy an agenda so proceed with corporation bashing
Does this mean you don’t want me to come and hang out with you this weekend? ;) just imagine what I be like face to face.

Blaming the company because the employees don’t take advantage of a benefit. That’s a new low.

Blaming the company because the employees don’t take advantage of a benefit. That’s a new low.
Merely pointing out that the company knows statistically that most will not take advantage of their offer. ALL companies of this size run the numbers on pertisapation rates before they offer benefits to project their potential cost.