XPO | Insurance

90% of the post concerning what the company will do in the future is speculation. Funny how that’s ok when you use it to make the company look bad. More double standard.
Yes there is speculation on my part with this but 2yrs running the length of time they owned us they have degraded the benefits hard to believe next year they won’t again statistically speaking.

I’m not trying to make the company look bad they do good enough on their own. I will be right along with you singing their accolades if they do something good for us and I think I have done that with the 401k and only mearly pointed out how corporations make decisions on what they offer to employees and the rational behind it.

If you didn’t read it the first time I said it:

“ I Think the raising of the 401 k match is a step in the right direction and I applaud the company for doing so”

All the best
S666

Last edited:
Merely pointing out that the company knows statistically that most will not take advantage of their offer. ALL companies of this size run the numbers on pertisapation rates before they offer benefits to project their potential cost.
At the end of the day, it’s the employees fault for not taking advantage of it. Don’t blame the company.

At the end of the day, it’s the employees fault for not taking advantage of it. Don’t blame the company.
I agree with the first part . I hope 100 % take advantage of it . Again, one last time ... the company knows that only a small margins will take advantage of it and therefore it an easy thing to put forward and offer to distract from the additional cost put upon the employees by raising your healthcare cost.

Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down

Last edited:
So my speculation isn’t allowed but yours is?
You can speculate all you want Whip and so Can I . If I feel your speculating I may choose to point it out I may not. Same rule applies to you.

And I hope I am wrong on my speculation that your insurance coverage isn’t pilferage again next year.

Last edited:
You can speculate all you want Whip and so Can I . If I feel your speculating I may choose to point it out I may not. Same rule applies to you.

And I hope I am wrong on my speculation that your insurance coverage isn’t pilferage again next year.
Correction I hope your insurance is NOT pilferage again next year.

Close- new hires get first 3 matched at 100 and next *2* matched at 50. So a total of 4, but they have to contribute at least 5% to get it.

So new hires have to put in 5%, then they get 4% from the company. And as you said, no pension.

You get 4 regardless of your contribution. But you could contribute 5%, even though you don't have to. And your pension is still there, even though it's frozen.

So you CAN put in 5%, but regardless you get 4% from the company. And you've got that pension money for a happy meal or something.

How are you not coming out ahead of the new guys in that deal? I mean, it's not technically a "match", but it sounds like the numbers come out the same. If you really wanted to get deep, we could talk about how that's a percentage of your wages and you're probably making a lot more than those new guys, at least while they're climbing the scale, so you're putting more in even if the percentage is the same.
I am coming out exactly the same as anyone with 3 years of service if they contribute to there retirement. I contribute to mine as well. This is the problem, I get my contribution because I am in the RSP program, because I had my pension ended in 2006. I had a match to my contributions as well until the beginning of 2009 when that was suspended along with RSP contributions, wage cuts,and all of the vacation I had earned the previous year was taken. This was done to keep the company solvent, at least that was what we were told. Wages have risen since then, I got over losing my vacation, I got my RSP contributions back, but never did get that match to my contributions back. People hired after 2010, people who went through none of what I have listed now are getting a match but I do not. That is what pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that you guys are getting your contributions matched. It's long past due, you deserve it. I also think that the rest of is deserve it as well.

Yet you forget who took your pension away. You all talk highly of the CWX, CCX, CSE but think back and look who took it all away....
My point is that the reason I get a contribution is for losing the pension I was supposed to receive when I hired on with CWX. The reason you get a contribution is for what? I don't have a problem with you getting a match for your contributions. I have a problem that I do not get the same match for my contributions.

I am coming out exactly the same as anyone with 3 years of service if they contribute to there retirement. I contribute to mine as well. This is the problem, I get my contribution because I am in the RSP program, because I had my pension ended in 2006. I had a match to my contributions as well until the beginning of 2009 when that was suspended along with RSP contributions, wage cuts,and all of the vacation I had earned the previous year was taken. This was done to keep the company solvent, at least that was what we were told. Wages have risen since then, I got over losing my vacation, I got my RSP contributions back, but never did get that match to my contributions back. People hired after 2010, people who went through none of what I have listed now are getting a match but I do not. That is what pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that you guys are getting your contributions matched. It's long past due, you deserve it. I also think that the rest of is deserve it as well.
Well stated.

My point is that the reason I get a contribution is for losing the pension I was supposed to receive when I hired on with CWX. The reason you get a contribution is for what? I don't have a problem with you getting a match for your contributions. I have a problem that I do not get the same match for my contributions.

Did you have the years of service and age to be eligible for the transition contribution?

That was an additional contribution that was supposed to help bump up the 401k that fewer people were eligible for.

Did you have the years of service and age to be eligible for the transition contribution?

That was an additional contribution that was supposed to help bump up the 401k that fewer people were eligible for.
There's all kinds of people that fall between the cracks. How many people do you think qualify for this?
clsfSNj.jpg

No, I only had 3 years of service.

but you get the contribution no matter what. I have to put in 5% to get it. You can take you money and go outside this 401K and still have XPO still put money into it.

According to the Government 30% of US workers don’t participate on 401k offed by the employer. ( mind blowing) That’s why we see the no contribution for workers from Xpo that elect not to participate vs the automatic contributions we had with con-way . It’s easy to offer something when you know statistically a third ( particularly young new drivers) will not require any more cost to the company. Its a safe bet. That being said everyone should contribute at least what the company matches if they can afford it.

If you are working at Wal-Mart you are probably not in the 401K. If you work here you almost certainly are in the 401K. The numbers you are abusing are for the work force at large. The amount of retirement savings a person has goes up as their income does. Also, the millennials don't have anything saved right now. They are young. We are all old men. It's closer than you think. Many of us are not only in the 401K but doing catch up contributions. You want to factor any of that into your statement ?

My God you guys are hard to freaking take. We get it. The company is terrible, horrible, very God awful, probably out killing small orphan children on the weekends. Got it. If someone doesn't participate in 401k to get match that's on them not the company. If you were to get the 4% contribution no strings and that is all you expected to retire on you would be in bad shape In old age but don't let common sense destroy an agenda so proceed with corporation bashing

The highjacking of any positive statement about anything does get pretty tired.