XPO | Insurance

90% of the post concerning what the company will do in the future is speculation. Funny how that’s ok when you use it to make the company look bad. More double standard.

100% of all posts on this site are complete bullshit . It's just a CB radio for the weekend. A way to interact with the others like you out there in the world. It is funny how some people feel it is so much more important that you believe them than others do.

Merely pointing out that the company knows statistically that most will not take advantage of their offer. ALL companies of this size run the numbers on pertisapation rates before they offer benefits to project their potential cost.

The company KNOWS this ? So what exactly is the participation rate in the 401K at XPO ? If you have this information why didn't you lead with that ?

Same goes for the union.
Blame people for not supporting and keeping the union system strong.

First, good to see you back. Glad you aren't dead or anything. Everyone needs a break from this garbage every now and then. But you kinda dropped off right in the middle of some stuff. Looked bad. I hope you are well.

That said, and with all due respect, everything you say and think is wrong. A union is only as strong as it's rank and file. Weak membership makes for a weak union. A union is a direct reflection of it's members.

The company KNOWS this ? So what exactly is the participation rate in the 401K at XPO ? If you have this information why didn't you lead with that ?
I do not know that info but I’m sure it’s not far from the National average +\- unless you have reason or knowledge that’s different.

Why did you get 2% more than anyone else that started after 2010? Why did I have to only get 2%
Why do you have pension and I don't?
Because I lost my pension. Because you never had a pension and you hired on here knowing there was no pension offered. Why should you get your 5% matched but my 5% is not?

What makes you so sure of that ? Given our wages and the average age of our work force, wouldn't you consider the opposite more likely ?
It’s very possible that the majority of our legacy employees are of the age that they probably participate ( more than likely) are age group thinks of retirement. The newer ( younger) hires are more likely ( not all) to be concerned about their take home pay than retirement. That probably true though out most industry not Xpo alone as the government and private group statistics have shown. I see no reason to think ours is a stand out from the rest of the us work force . It has already been proven that this is the leading reason 401k based only retirement strategies are not as effective in allowing people to retire effectively.

IIRC, and I may be wrong, anything considered past practice the union barns will get. For example if every Dec raises are handed out it's considered past practice.

This is from the Teamster web site: https://teamster.org/organizing-victories/what-expect-management

Management: “If you form a union, you risk losing the benefits and pay raises you already have.”
Fact: It is illegal for a company to freeze or cut previously scheduled raises to discourage you from forming a union. Once you’re organized, you’ll lock in our current wages and benefits and then negotiate improvements from there. All of you will get an opportunity to review your proposed contract before you vote to approve it. Obviously, you’re not going to approve a contract that cuts our wages or benefits.

Since yearly raises are not a guaranteed or scheduled then if we get a raise next year XPO does not have to give it to the barns that voted in the union. On the flip side XPO can not take anything away then have when the union was voted in

Because I lost my pension. Because you never had a pension and you hired on here knowing there was no pension offered. Why should you get your 5% matched but my 5% is not?
The last I heard you didn't lose your pension. The company stop putting money into it for you and just froze it. You will still get something when you retire, or you hope to. That's the problem with pensions it's never your money it just number on a piece of paper the company says they will pay you. The best part about you 401k deal is you don't have to put ANY of you money into to get something out of it. If I was you I would take my money somewhere else and invest it. A lot more opinion out there in the open market.

The last I heard you didn't lose your pension. The company stop putting money into it for you and just froze it. You will still get something when you retire, or you hope to. That's the problem with pensions it's never your money it just number on a piece of paper the company says they will pay you. The best part about you 401k deal is you don't have to put ANY of you money into to get something out of it. If I was you I would take my money somewhere else and invest it. A lot more opinion out there in the open market.

Lost the pension in the sense that they were promised $3000 a month for 30 years and will now be getting the minimum distribution mandated by law.

Lost the pension in the sense that they were promised $3000 a month for 30 years and will now be getting the minimum distribution mandated by law.
That's why I said this:
That's the problem with pensions it's never your money it just number on a piece of paper the company says they will pay you.

As we all see union and non-union companies that number can be changed very easily

Why do you deserve for your 5% to be matched but I do not deserve for my 5% to be matched?

Why do you deserve for your 5% to be matched but I do not deserve for my 5% to be matched?

Not to answer for him, but to speak for myself. I was hired after the pension was gone. So I have gotten 3% the whole time and will get 4% at 10 years and 5% at 20 years. It will take me some time to see 5%.

People hired after 2010, people who went through none of what I have listed now are getting a match but I do not. That is what pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that you guys are getting your contributions matched. It's long past due, you deserve it. I also think that the rest of is deserve it as well.

You do get it. If you put in 5 percent, you get 4 percent from the company. If someone in the PSP puts in 5 percent, they get 4 percent from the company.

It's. The. Same. Contribution.

now if you think about it your 5% is matched. If you put in 5% the company gives you 4% and 5% after 20yrs. The difference between you and anyone hired after 2010 is you get that match money even if you don't put a dime in were we don't. If you ever stop beating this dead horse you would see you have the better deal.

You do get it. If you put in 5 percent, you get 4 percent from the company. If someone in the PSP puts in 5 percent, they get 4 percent from the company.

It's. The. Same. Contribution.
I don't think he will get it. He is getting the better deal here he's just to stubborn to see it

I don't think he will get it. He is getting the better deal here he's just to stubborn to see it
You won't answer the question. Why do you deserve to get your contributions matched but I do not? Just admit that the company is doing the right thing by you by matching your 5% and they are giving me and everyone hired before 2010 the middle finger.

I was pissed when I read this during the meeting. Why don't I get brought up to 4% now too ?

Also, did anyone notice the changes to the life insurance ? No more x 4 if you die on the job ? And down from x 2 to x 1.5 as a standard pay out ?

What XPO is doing would be like offering higher pay or more vaction time to new hires than the rest of us.

I agree with the first part . I hope 100 % take advantage of it . Again, one last time ... the company knows that only a small margins will take advantage of it and therefore it an easy thing to put forward and offer to distract from the additional cost put upon the employees by raising your healthcare cost.

Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
I'd be willing to bet your info is speculation and wrong. In my barn, I haven't spoken to a single driver that doesn't contribute at least 5%.

If spinning this into a negative thing helps you, I'll tell you it sucks that the company is giving us more. Happy?