XPO | Insurance

You do get it. If you put in 5 percent, you get 4 percent from the company. If someone in the PSP puts in 5 percent, they get 4 percent from the company.

It's. The. Same. Contribution.
It's the same and that's the whole point. That's what pisses me off.

You won't answer the question. Why do you deserve to get your contributions matched but I do not? Just admit that the company is doing the right thing by you by matching your 5% and they are giving me and everyone hired before 2010 the middle finger.
Holy **** are you that stupid. You have the better deal in this and are to dumb to see it. I sure hope someone else can explain it to you. Your dumb azz doesn't have to put a dime in to get the match were the rest of us does. Also every company I worked for the 401k plan were the same for every employee here XPO just made it a tier item

Holy :censored: are you that stupid. You have the better deal in this and are to dumb to see it. I sure hope someone else can explain it to you. Your dumb azz doesn't have to put a dime in to get the match were the rest of us does. Also every company I worked for the 401k plan were the same for every employee here that made a tier item
Have a safe trip tomorrow, I am done trying to talk to you.

Alright then. I really don't understand the bitterness about it, but at least we're on the same page.
The bitterness Gene comes from the fact that I once had a match to my contributions which I lost as a result of the great recession which is being given back to some employees, just not the employees who lost it in the first place.

Not to answer for him, but to speak for myself. I was hired after the pension was gone. So I have gotten 3% the whole time and will get 4% at 10 years and 5% at 20 years. It will take me some time to see 5%.
You have a 100% right to bitch. You guy really got the shaft. I wish I got a match without have to put any of my own money in. I would invest it somewhere else.

The bitterness Gene comes from the fact that I once had a match to my contributions which I lost as a result of the great recession which is being given back to some employees, just not the employees who lost it in the first place.
Ok what was your match % before the great recession?
I wish that was all I lost during that time

If you're not contributing anything, it's not a "match". People get really hung up on that word, apparently.
I know it's not. I just trying to keep it simple for him to understand. The simple way to explain is he get money put into his 401k without having to put his own money in were we have to put in 5% to get the same as he does. I guess he can't see the difference

When the pension was "frozen" there was a match and also a company contribution. The match went away because of "hard times" but was supposed to be restored when there were two consecutive quarters of an Operating Ratio below 95. The company never honored what they said.

There is a thread that I started years ago about this. I believe I was incorrect about the OR in the thread when I posted at the time.

We as pre 2010 employees were told we'd get the quarterly contribution ALONG with an additional .50 match up to 6% to replace the loss of the pension. It was suspended along with our pay and vacation cutbacks and never reinstated.
In that sense, Radman is correct.

We do get the contribution without putting any in, opposite of newer employees.
I also agree that the company is playing the odds that many will not contribute, thus reducing the monies they pay out to the plan. If they didn't, why not just cough up the 4% automatically like they did for us?

When the pension was "frozen" there was a match and also a company contribution. The match went away because of "hard times" but was supposed to be restored when there were two consecutive quarters of an Operating Ratio below 95. The company never honored what they said.

We as pre 2010 employees were told we'd get the quarterly contribution ALONG with an additional .50 match up to 6% to replace the loss of the pension. It was suspended along with our pay and vacation cutbacks and never reinstated.

Ok so lets look at this with an open mind.
1. Who took those benefits away during hard times?
2. Who said they would be restored when you got below 95?

Do you see where I going with this?

Now look at you paycheck and the name on the side of the trucks and what does it say?

The biggest problem here is a lot of employees keep living in the past. Here's a news flash. We are not Con-way anymore! All the promises made back in the Con-way days are all voided like it or not. Brad J and XPO has not taken away those benefits or is under any obligation to honor promises made by the former Con-way Exec's or owners.
The soon you all get past this the better thing will be and if for some reason you can't well then you just need to move on. XPO could have made us all reapply for our jobs and had us all start off like new employees instead of working to keep some of the past benefits in place. Trust me I know what that is like because I been there.
It's time to stop whining like a 5 year old and grow up and if you don't like it the doors are not locked you are free to leave at anytime.

In a sense, Radman is pissed off at the wrong people.

One last thing to ask yourself. If Radman borrowed money from icuicp then why would he get pissed a smokin'joe when icuicp didn't pay him back. Same thing applies here.

Ok so lets look at this with an open mind.
1. Who took those benefits away during hard times?
2. Who said they would be restored when you got below 95?

Do you see where I going with this?

Now look at you paycheck and the name on the side of the trucks and what does it say?

The biggest problem here is a lot of employees keep living in the past. Here's a news flash. We are not Con-way anymore! All the promises made back in the Con-way days are all voided like it or not. Brad J and XPO has not taken away those benefits or is under any obligation to honor promises made by the former Con-way Exec's or owners.
The soon you all get past this the better thing will be and if for some reason you can't well then you just need to move on. XPO could have made us all reapply for our jobs and had us all start off like new employees instead of working to keep some of the past benefits in place. Trust me I know what that is like because I been there.
It's time to stop whining like a 5 year old and grow up and if you don't like it the doors are not locked you are free to leave at anytime.

In a sense, Radman is pissed off at the wrong people.

One last thing to ask yourself. If Radman borrowed money from icuicp then why would he get pissed a smokin'joe when icuicp didn't pay him back. Same thing applies here.
Man that's a huge post to reply to.
Thanks for reminding me who owns us.
I think what Radman's point was, is that if Conway would've reinstated the match when they agreed to, it would still be in place for employees like him as XPO continued most of the bennies we had at the time of purchase.
As far as us stupid and whiny individuals, we know the doors aren't locked just as your :butt kiss: cheeks aren't either will all the stuff you don't mind being blown up there.
Some people don't mind losing bennies every time open enrollment comes up, some people do. Doesn't make us whiny, just vocal. If someone disgrees with you, do you need to get your opinion across so bad you must use unnecessary name calling? I think you have come across more whiny than those you describe. I literally can see you pulling your hair and screaming at the screen while you type these responses.

Last edited:
Man that's a huge post to reply to.
Thanks for reminding me who owns us.
I think what Radman's point was, is that if Conway would've reinstated the match when they agreed to, it would still be in place for employees like him as XPO continued most of the bennies we had at the time of purchase.
As far as us stupid and whiny individuals, we know the doors aren't locked just as your :butt kiss: cheeks aren't either will all the stuff you don't mind being blown up there.
Some people don't mind losing bennies every time open enrollment comes up, some people do. Doesn't make us whiny, just vocal. If someone disgrees with you, do you need to get your opinion across so bad you must use unnecessary name calling? I think you have come across more whiny than those you describe. I literally can see you pulling your hair and screaming at the screen while you type these responses.
Nope not screaming or pulling my hair out. I just refuse to blame or hold XPO accountable for failure and broken promises made by former Con-way Exec's.
I would like to know what bennies XPO took for us? What did we lose that we had back before we were bought, not years prior, but what we had the day the sale was finalized.

We do get the contribution without putting any in, opposite of newer employees.
I also agree that the company is playing the odds that many will not contribute, thus reducing the monies they pay out to the plan. If they didn't, why not just cough up the 4% automatically like they did for us?
Well said

Nope not screaming or pulling my hair out. I just refuse to blame or hold XPO accountable for failure and broken promises made by former Con-way Exec's.
I would like to know what bennies XPO took for us? What did we lose that we had back before we were bought, not years prior, but what we had the day the sale was finalized.
Changed vacation accruals new employees
Reduced retirement new employees
Increased insurance cost and copays
Increased prescription costs
Reduced STD
Reduced LTD
And from what I understand reduced basic life and supplemental life insurance.
Anything that costs me money, is a reduction. Not sure what your definition is though.
We were all bundled into one giant XPO bennie group..our costs could've easily stayed the same or even been reduced with more folks paying into the plan. This is the same way the ACA was sold....more pay, you get a better discount.

Changed vacation accruals new employees
Reduced retirement new employees
Increased insurance cost and copays
Increased prescription costs
Reduced STD
Reduced LTD
And from what I understand reduced basic life and supplemental life insurance.
Anything that costs me money, is a reduction. Not sure what your definition is though.
We were all bundled into one giant XPO bennie group..our costs could've easily stayed the same or even been reduced with more folks paying into the plan. This is the same way the ACA was sold....more pay, you get a better discount.

I ask what did we lose the vacation and retirement on new employees don't count. On both of those we stayed the same.
So what you are saying is we still have everything we had when the sale was finalized. What did happen was that cost and payout have changed but we are still offered the same things we had.
I did not ask what is costing you more or is a reduction. I ask what did XPO take away and the only thing I saw was the one dental plan is not being offered anymore.
Were as Con-way took away your free benefits, pay, vacation and money they put into your 401k.
The ACA was sold as it would lower cost and we are all still waiting on that.
I not sure if you understand that XPO does not pay into a group insurance plan. Our insurance is managed by Cigna. We are self insured meaning when XPO is paying your bill directly, Cigna just manages it