Interesting change coming

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by MAYHEM666, Jun 24, 2008.

1. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

Anyone know who is going to pull long doubles? I was spotting in the yard tonight and took delivery of a tandem axle converter dolly. We have two trailers with rear couplings for doubles 48' long 808002 and 808003. My guess these are for Indiana and Ohio, not sure why they are at ORD, I also understand 1 of these dollys were going to MDW as well. Stay tuned I will try to post pics If I can figure out how to do it.

2. longhaul

longhaul Member

I heard they are going to pay close to 60 cents per mile to pull the double 48's

3. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

Nice, that's allot of truck but 60cpm would be worth it. I've done it and really not much different than standard doubles.

4. krzy18whlr

krzy18whlr Member

I pull 'em out of Whiting, Indiana (Hammond). That location is pretty crowded. Anyway, I've pulled pups before and would rather have a long set in winter than pups. They are more stable. As an aside, I hear R&L will be pulling long doubles soon also. It's gonna get crowded out here!

5. Fish

Fish Member

The pad in Hammond would not be as bad if drivers would use a little common sense like if you are dropping your lead trailer back it up to another trailer in the same spot back to back so the driver regardless of who you work for can drop the rear trailers in the spot it just seems like no one in that pad has any consideration for one another kinda like people moving other companies dollies tongue first if the pavement just because the dollies are a little close to eachother sorry just had to vent i truly do my best to do the right things at that pad but I wish 90% of the other drivers would do the same especially if more carriers are going start using that pad and yes i am aware that I have a few drivers at my company that do everything to accomadate only themselves and it bothers the crap out of me

6. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

Easy Fish, Call Doughboy for a hug we can make room our trailers are just a bit longer.

7. ltltruckerdafg

ltltruckerdafg New Member

dayton trains

going to run from cleveland to chicago (most likely a drop yard in indiana)alot of freight from east coast via a duie pyle thru cleveland

8. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

Thanks for the info [ltltruckerdafg] that makes perfect sense. Welcome to truckingboards help spread the word out there.:1036316054: