Holland | Interesting history of TNT

I been with the company long enough to have driven the ford aero max and the regular old Ford no power steering tractor.
Griz, I can remember Holland tractors with hard hats fastened to the grill. it was probably during the 80s or early 90s. I never heard why they were there. Any ideas?

Griz, I can remember Holland tractors with hard hats fastened to the grill. it was probably during the 80s or early 90s. I never heard why they were there. Any ideas?

j5caDnO.jpg

So I'm sitting home for the 2nd week and I remember my mentor said he stared at TNT Red Star. I was researching other trucking companies if I need to make a move and came across this.

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/t...h-mike-a-history-of-the-tnt-companies.956478/

It's time consuming but very interesting.
I started in 1988 with TNT Holland Milwaukee... Those were the good old days.. YRC doesn't EVEN come close!
But with that said, you are the future now, and can make this as good or as bad as you want.. keep their feet to the fire and never let them change the Hoffa Holland work rules, they had divine inspiration when those rules were written. God bless and Merry Christmas to all!
Oh and P.S. come contract time, let them know 10 years of giving is enough, time to give back what they have taken..

I been with the company long enough to have driven the ford aero max and the regular old Ford no power steering tractor.
Ha ha ha that was just one that didnt get fixed since your terminal didn't have a company shop.. Merrrry Christmas Griz!

YES I DO... they were red I bet and that was an eliminate "SIDS" (sudden infant death syndrome) campaign.. any driver donating got to put a "Red Nose" on the grill of their truck. Think it was circa 1989

So I'm sitting home for the 2nd week and I remember my mentor said he stared at TNT Red Star. I was researching other trucking companies if I need to make a move and came across this.

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/t...h-mike-a-history-of-the-tnt-companies.956478/

It's time consuming but very interesting.

Red Star was a very profitable union trucking company that's why TNT bought us. I worked there from 1977 until 2004 when USF shut us down. Maybe Griz remembers some of the debates that took place on TB when Holland took over Red Star's area and cherry picked some of our drivers.

Red Star was a very profitable union trucking company that's why TNT bought us. I worked there from 1977 until 2004 when USF shut us down. Maybe Griz remembers some of the debates that took place on TB when Holland took over Red Star's area and cherry picked some of our drivers.
Yes I remember a lot of debating whether Holland would be accepted in the NE. That didn’t turn out well for Holland.

Yes I remember a lot of debating whether Holland would be accepted in the NE. That didn’t turn out well for Holland.

I still believe that the plan for Holland to cover for Red Star was all part of Zollar's master plan. Of course none of it matters now. But IMO YRCW buying USF was in the planning stages. YRCW already owned New Penn which was very profitable in the NE. Red Star had fallen on hard times and the poorly planned 1 day Teamster walkout opened the door for a quick shutdown. Once the YRCW USF deal was completed they didn't need Holland in the NE.