New Penn | Interline Freight

CASHCOW said:
What a Joke- npme doesnt need anyones freight we can stand alone best o/r in the biz union or not !!

Welcome to the boards CASHCOW, It's good to have you here

Friend of the frog said:
This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen. First off companies like FedEx freight post a better OR than NPME.

Also there are hundreds of privately held companies that do not post their OR that operate more profitably than NPME.

While NPME is one of the best run trucking companies in the good old USA, they are not nearly as effecient or as profitable as they once were.

FOTF, to a certain point, I agree with CASHCOW.
New Penn was the best of the best in the Northeast and I really hate to see them get away from their roots.
New Penn always did one thing(the Northeast) and they did it quite well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for growth and jobs. I just don't want to see it happen at the expense of service and quality.

If it's not broken, don't fix it comes to mind in this case

CFer you are 100% correct. It is very confusing, especially to a customer how the whole YRCW thing works. Why do you need three companies all doing the same thing ??

Yellow doing next day, NPME doing cross country WTF.....

From what I have seen, the Holland shipments have slowed somewhat and I have recently noticed empty Holland trailers being returned to the Dunmore terminal.
Perhaps that sudden influx of other carriers freight slowed down our performance a little and perhaps management realized that our dedicated customer base was suffering.
I would rather we stay the course of the original NPME plan to service our small area.
No need to cover all 48 .... the pie is small enough now with so many carriers going after the same business.

JimJoe (jj) said:
This is what happens when your company is not in charge anymore!!

You have to remember YRCW is now calling the shots not NPME!!

You're exactly right JimJoe

CFer said:
You're exactly right JimJoe
Perhaps .... but it sure seems that not much has changed within the NPME structure. Still the same linehaul dispatch, same customers and the same method of operation.
Has management changed .... only at the top, otherwise it appears New Penn continues to operate has they always have, independent of YRC's influence.
What has changed is the large corporate mentality on equipment .... we need more new tractors since the ones we have are starting to show signs of age with constant breakdowns and repairs.
New Penn does operate differently in that one respect, the trucks never sit still, when a road man arrives in the morning the unit heads out for city service, only to return at night and be turned right around to head out on the road. YRC and Roadway does have separate units for their city operation. That means less time and mileage on the road units, and less down time for repairs to the road equipment.
Just my take ......