Yellow | International Proposes a Third Round of YRC Concessions

dejabo

TB Lurker
Credits
International Proposes a Third Round of YRC Concessions | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

International Proposes a Third Round of YRC Concessions

September 9, 2010: The Hoffa administration will again ask YRCW Teamsters to vote to approve concessions, provided that YRCW management agrees to certain terms.

The concessions are valued at $350 million per year, and would run until March 2015, nearly five years, according to sources at the International union. This is two years beyond the expiration of the NMFA in March 2013.

The International Union is calling on YRCW, for its part, to not renew the contract of CEO Bill Zollars, a point that many Teamster members called for back in the first and second concession votes. They are also calling for more equity-for-debt deals to be negotiated with YRCW’s lenders, so that banks would own more stock in exchange for reducing YRCW’s heavy debt load.

Part of the current concessions package—YRCW’s withdrawal from the Teamster pension plans—is slated to expire on Dec. 31, 2010. The new concession proposal appears to be a replacement for this one. The 15 percent wage concession is to expire with the contract in 2013.

What will the impact be on the pension credits of YRCW Teamsters? That is a question thousands of Teamsters will have up-front. A five-year concession package, well beyond the expiration of the contract: that will be another concern, as Teamsters will be approached for an unprecedented third time.

Teamsters for a Democratic Union will make further information available to members as soon as we can. The ratification vote of the members is projected to take place in October.

Yikes...............Could this even be atrue Hoffa proposal? I'm not so sure they could even go anywhere with this. The many different pension plans would have a whole lot to say about 5 yrs with no contributions don't you think? There would be nothing left for anyone should yrcw not pay in for 5 yrs and so unfair to those better managed companies who are currently and who will continue to pay in. Just my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
And the next proposal will be we pay YRC for the right to work at their company. All these people must really think we are real jerk offs. I really hope the members have the guts to call their bluff. Put this dog out of it's misery and let our families get on with their lives somewhere else. I guess if this passes which I hope not, It's retirement time.

They can pack sand. I hope the bank takes over and either continues to operate the divisions that make money (sorry YRC), or sells them to other companies (sorry again YRC). Thank you Dollar Bill for buying our company and totally (bleep) us over, I hope you have a stroke and spend about 30 years sitting in a lifeless shell of a body, watching everyone around you stealing the money you have stole from us.

Well look at the bright side, they have a plan to be here for 5 more years. :poster_stupid: OK You'll can start in whenever your ready, I will except my punishment.

had enough! not giving no more. :Emoticon_digging: By the way HYDRAULIC BANANA love the hair dew

Last edited by a moderator:
Well look at the bright side, they have a plan to be here for 5 more years. :poster_stupid: OK You'll can start in whenever your ready, I will except my punishment.

wolf.gif

hard to believe ain't it?

wolf.gif

hard to believe ain't it?

yeah....like I didn't this coming ...like, OMG...like, like really ?!?

lol GFYs b/c it's happening NOW ...hows it feeling now boys!!
the lube was on the wall....lolollolll....OMG

vote yes to just to get him outa there, press charges but there is no law against stupidity>>>......

RUMOR @ the 211 barn is that they are going to ask for a weeks vacation, All sick days and personal day/days back!

All this while they have so many supervisors it isn`t even funny. Let them even up the dock/supv. ratio that will save the 350 million.

Obviously, this isn't popular. For all of you that are or will be screaming, "NO MORE-SHUT THE DOORS!", keep these simple truths in mind. 1. If you just work the dock and don't have a license to drive the big truck you'll be lucky to find a job making 12 bucks an hour. 2. Working for 20 bucks an hour in a union envirorn ment is better than working for a little more in most non-union workplaces. 3. If you're a linehual driver and plan to continue as one at another company get use to working the dock and driving. Oh and wait to you get a load of some of the other company's "work rules". The bottom line is most times the grass isn't any greener- I know from experience. Many of you that will roar the loudest haven't even been on lay off since the merger. You don't know how bad it can suck somewhere else. Trust me- it can be much, much worse.............

Bravo. There is no doubt that positive thinking will produce positive results. I'm too young to retire so I guess I would rather keep on working at YRC with LOTS of vacation and nice daylight bid start time than see them fold up. Never really wanted to work for FedEx.

Bravo. There is no doubt that positive thinking will produce positive results. I'm too young to retire so I guess I would rather keep on working at YRC with LOTS of vacation and nice daylight bid start time than see them fold up. Never really wanted to work for FedEx.

But at what cost? When is enough,enough?

But at what cost? When is enough,enough?
I just want to know where you are going to go to find a working environment like the one at YRC. I don't like what has happened but if we kill the GOLDEN GOOSE we will NOT be able to revive it. I am TOO YOUNG to retire (55 and 22 yrs service)where do you think I'll be able to go to find a job that lets me EARN $$,$$$$ and be home in the evenings.

I just want to know where you are going to go to find a working environment like the one at YRC. I don't like what has happened but if we kill the GOLDEN GOOSE we will NOT be able to revive it. I am TOO YOUNG to retire (55 and 22 yrs service)where do you think I'll be able to go to find a job that lets me EARN $$,$$$$ and be home in the evenings.

Well said! I know what it's like to work somewhere else for less money and much more aggrivation. This is by no means a wonderful place to be, but i'll sat it again- it can be much worse somewhere else. And i'll say this again to all you dockmen- YOU WILL NEVER FIND A JOB MAKING 20 BUCKS AN HOUR TO DRIVE A FORKLIFT!