Estes | Interview Estes Combo Allentown,Pa

jm4044

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello,

I am going for a job interview on Monday for a Estes Combo Driver in Allentown, Pa.

Anyone out there with any comments about working there or the job description.

Pay is at 21.05 hr.

Thanks

Sounds like they'll use you where needed. Line haul or hub or p&d. Don't draw any conclusion from one bad day or run. Give it some time. Whatever truck they give you inspect even just for p&d. Oil fluids tires brakes. Clean the windows and inside so your comfortable. Bring Lysol. Don't complain right away. Like I said give it some time to see how things work. I've been here 10 years some of your contentment rest on you and how you think of things. And what's most important to you. Good luck.

The hourly pay is for city work only. Any road work pays mileage, somewhere in the mid to upper 40's to 50cpm. Top out for extra board is 57.15 after 3 years. That yard has a lot of outbound so you may just be running over to York a lot. That's where I get sent every time I go in there. They should keep you very busy there, and like Mrclean said look the truck over good and if need be there's a shop there. Interior cleanliness? Hope for the best and expect the worst. You'll see what I mean later. Remember that help or advise you need is right here anytime. Best of luck jm4044.

Mileage is .4865 per mile to start.

Combo isn't a bad gig, especially since you can roll that time into linehaul or P&D or hub if you decide to go that way.

Thank you guys for the info.

What do you guys think about this?

I just got called by UPS Freight in PA do my Road test and sign some papers.

I did an interview and drug screen about 1 1/2 months ago, and not heard back from them, so I started looking elsewhere (hence here I am asking about Estes)

I know UPS is a union job, pay is around $17.XX to start plus around high $.3X to low $.4X per mile. Top pay is reached at 4 years at $26.16 plus I believe high .5X

Thanks

I think your numbers are wrong. Pretty sure UPS Freight maxes out at over 63 cpm. Find out for sure. I know a few people who left big E for UPSF and like it better there.

I think your numbers are wrong. Pretty sure UPS Freight maxes out at over 63 cpm. Find out for sure. I know a few people who left big E for UPSF and like it better there.

Yes, you are right. I found the master contract and after 36 months the rate is .6058, so top rate would be at around what you said.

Thanks

Well, your earning potential would be higher at UPSF. Overtime after 8 hrs per day. Estes doesn't pay overtime until 55 hours.

If I were in your situation, I might go to UPS. I wouldn't leave my job here to go there though.

Definitely ask some guys on the UPS board.

Well, your earning potential would be higher at UPSF. Overtime after 8 hrs per day. Estes doesn't pay overtime until 55 hours.

If I were in your situation, I might go to UPS. I wouldn't leave my job here to go there though.

Definitely ask some guys on the UPS board.

Thanks. If you do not mind me asking. What keeps you at Estes? Do have a lot years and it would not be worth it?

I don't mind.

I'm treated really well here. I work out of the Memphis terminal, so your experience may vary. I've been here four years and have my choice of several bid runs. Right now I run over 600 miles a night. I also could've had a few different daytime runs. It'd be tough to start over, and thankfully I don't have any good reason to.

There's plenty of people who don't like it here. Some have legitimate complaints, some just like to b*tch.

I don't mind.

I'm treated really well here. I work out of the Memphis terminal, so your experience may vary. I've been here four years and have my choice of several bid runs. Right now I run over 600 miles a night. I also could've had a few different daytime runs. It'd be tough to start over, and thankfully I don't have any good reason to.

There's plenty of people who don't like it here. Some have legitimate complaints, some just like to b*tch.

Thanks. How many hours do you usually put in a week for the 600 miles a day (3000 a week)?

I normally have 32 hours left on my clock at the end of the week but it's about 120 miles shy of 600

That is correct. However my truck is faster than most. With a normal truck it would be about 42 hours.

That is correct. However my truck is faster than most. With a normal truck it would be about 42 hours.

That looks pretty good when you figure it hourly. I am hoping to get around a $1000.00 a week at around 45 hours. Do you think that is possible just starting out?

How is your truck faster than most? Are the trucks governed the same. My company is at 63mph.

That looks pretty good when you figure it hourly. I am hoping to get around a $1000.00 a week at around 45 hours. Do you think that is possible just starting out?

How is your truck faster than most? Are the trucks governed the same. My company is at 63mph.

$1,000/wk gross is easy here.

One thing you can't complain about is the money.

Thanks,

I might be sounding greedy, but I do not want to work 60 hours in 5 days for $1000.00 a week. 40-50 is ok. I have young kids and would like to be at home with them during the week for more than an hour or two a day. Every once in a while would be fine, just not consistently.

Thanks,

I might be sounding greedy, but I do not want to work 60 hours in 5 days for $1000.00 a week. 40-50 is ok. I have young kids and would like to be at home with them during the week for more than an hour or two a day. Every once in a while would be fine, just not consistently.

I should let all four of mine talk to ya, in the old days, the only way to make good money was stay out 5 or 6 days... We missed a lot of the growing years back then.. When I ran extra-board at Cooper, 6 days was mandatory....

Well, I see how the Estes interview goes tomorrow and how UPS goes on Tuesday. Then I go from there.

Thanks everyone.