Holland | Interview Possible New Hire

I'd really consider any other freight company unless you want to drive/work for sub-par pay driving sub-par equipment. Not to mention ruining your reputation working for a union outfit, when you're ready to move to non union you will have a disadvantage. Keep in mind this already low pay is locked in for 4 more years. Just think of what the other ltl's will be making in 4 years. I'm willing to bet $28-$30 while we will still be stuck at this laughable $21.10

You just gotta make your 30 day probation and your golden.....you basically just gotta make it into work 30 days and have a pulse. They need people bad.....it would take something really bad not to make your probation. No joke....show up and your hired! 90 days for insurance.....you'll be on call for quite awhile but you should work every day. I believe you start at 75% of scale(22.59)...so around 18/hr. 3 years to top scale I think.
I would honestly try Ups Freight or Abf first if your close to one of their terminals.
Just dont hit anything during probation. That is the only thing other than dropping dead that will keep you from finishing probation.

I'd really consider any other freight company unless you want to drive/work for sub-par pay driving sub-par equipment. Not to mention ruining your reputation working for a union outfit, when you're ready to move to non union you will have a disadvantage. Keep in mind this already low pay is locked in for 4 more years. Just think of what the other ltl's will be making in 4 years. I'm willing to bet $28-$30 while we will still be stuck at this laughable $21.10

Haha! Mcdonalds workers around here are trying to get $15/hr.....nice to know Yrc/Holland pay is just about on par with fast food workers! When I first started in trucking....driver pay was around 5 to 6 times minimum wage..now its about 2.5x. Were going in the wrong direction people....

Thanks for the all of the info. I will consider it when making my decision. Plus what I meant by union setting is I never worked at union shop before. Nothing more than that. Wasn't implying anything by saying it. Just figured I could get info on how union works in freight business.
You'll be fine!