INTERVIEW THRUSDAY IN HOUSTON

Cajuntex

TB Lurker
Credits
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT TO LOOK FOR AT THE INTERVIEW. TYPE OF QUESTIONS, DO I GO ON ROAD TEST. IF ANYONE WORKS AT THE HOUSTON FACILITY INFO WOULD BE GREAT. AND HOW HARD IS THIS JOB. I HAVE SEEN SOME NIGHTMARES SITUATIONS ON THE FORUM ESPECIALLY ABOUT KNEES GOING BAD. THANKS

Can't comment on Houston but in KC about the only questions that are asked are 1) Do you have a license? and 2) Can you pass a drug test?
It's gotten so bad that even $5000 bonus isn't getting people in the door so they're hiring people who don't even have learner's permits, giving them a set amount of time to pass the written test then get their license after that.
They'll do a road test, when I got hired way back they did that during a second interview. Actually had a waiting list to get on here at the time, don't think they even do 2nd interviews here anymore.
The work's hard but if you have any athletic background or history of doing heavy work you'll be ok. My location has its share of injuries. Knees/shoulders seem to be the biggies here, occasional back injuries. Everyone's different though, we've got guys who've been here for years with no injuries and we've got a few in their 50's who limp like they're 80.
The company's changed a lot since I've been here, but you could do worse. Money's good, benefits are ok. 1st 6months or so will be rough while learning but it does get better.
Sorry don't have more info specific to Houston.