Central Transport | Interview tomorrow

It's not the greatest job but it beats unemployment. Some of the other LTL companies are a bit harder to get on to. So I would suggest coming on board to get your foot in the door then look around if you find the job unbearable. Get as much LTL experience as you can and then use it as a stepping stone to move on to a better LTL company down the road if you so choose. Good luck brother Truckdriver79.

Well said Train, good luck TD79

the retiring and failing tests means more drivers with towels on head and no speak english. the railways seem to be picking up steam once again too.

Own 500 shares of CSX, it has been in the $hitter the past few years and pays a meager 2.93% dividend but has gained a lot the past few months. Believe this is because of all the dummies thinking the economy is going to get better. I would have done a lot better buying YRC stock for sure.

the economy is going to struggle because the baby boomers are going to put a burden on benefits across the board.

the economy is going to struggle because the baby boomers are going to put a burden on benefits across the board.

Ronnie signed the Baby Boomer Social Security fix in the 80's. Except Congress borrowed the money and now doesn't want to pay it back into the Social Security trust fund. I wonder if Congress will pay back the money they borrowed from China?

Social Security History

the retiring and failing tests means more drivers with towels on head and no speak english. the railways seem to be picking up steam once again too.

I know what you mean. I was in a weigh station one time and one of the towelies couldn't understand why they were shutting him down. It was only because his logbook was in violation.

It does not bother me what someone wears on their head, what religion they are or even if their english is that good. I have German, Swedish, Dutch, French, and Native American blood. None of those folks knew English. Chances are we all have ancestors who came here not knowing English.

If I remember right the Pilgrims did not know how to speak the native language before coming here.

It is history repeating itself. Every racial or ethnic group that comes to America is hated and discriminated against for a time. Just think, people used to discriminate against the Irish even. I know an Old Catholic priest who said when Kennedy ran for The Office there was all kinds of conspiracy theorists (like the low numbers on the radio dial today) saying the Pope was going to move in the Whitehouse and run our country. Protestants hated the idea of a Catholic in The Office.

I know the popular thing is to be negative about things right now, and there are things to be concerned about. However, I wonder what the effect will be on the job market (pay and benefits) when there are 60 million baby boomers retired with their social security coming in and their pensions and 401k to spend but not taking a job. My personal experience and what I see in others is when one is not working money spends easier. While there will be a drain on govt it seems there will be massive amounts of money pumped into the economy while at the same time fewer people to do the work. Then when the boomers die their money that was not spent will be handed down to heirs.

Since I do not follow the herd like most of you this would be a good time to post "off topic" although we have been of topic for awhile.

luci, you are one sick dude!l, JUst get out of my way, I am moving to the top. :bouncy:

I may be sick, but those are the rules of Capitalism. If other cannot stay of drugs to keep a job and I can then I get rewarded for being off drugs. I have alot of compassion for addicts: I work with them in the community, but those are the rules of our game.

Hey Truckdriver79,how did things turn out for you the other day. Did your interview with Paul turn out well for you . If it did in about 6 months you will be near the top in seniority list if your running linehaul and about 1 year in the city. But keep your eyes open and an ear too the ground for something better. From my personal experience Old Dominion is the best place to work. the mgrs. and coworkers really care about seeing you do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything went well. I have taken the drug test and physical already too. I'm just waiting for everything to clear and get the call. I was hoping to get it by today but I guess it will be Monday.

Everything went well. I have taken the drug test and physical already too. I'm just waiting for everything to clear and get the call. I was hoping to get it by today but I guess it will be Monday.
H.R. is too busy at unemployment hearings, they'll get to you soon.

Hey Truckdriver79,how did things turn out for you the other day. Did your interview with Paul turn out well for you . If it did in about 6 months you will be near the top in seniority list if your running linehaul and about 1 year in the city. But keep your eyes open and an ear too the ground for something better. From my personal experience Old Dominion is the best place to work. the mgrs. and coworkers really care about seeing you do well.

I heard the Terminal Manager at Old Dominion, Greg Killelea, is a butthole. He may not be there anymore.

Truckdriver79,don't worry they are buried up to a giants neck with exit interviews they will call. just like you will find out arss backwards company. they worry more about doing exit interviews than hiring you. Pauls ok but he can be an srsshole sometimes. good luck and we will see you at another trucking co. soon.

most of us are looking for something else, so he can move up the seniority list fast. this list means jackshet except maybe for vacation scheduling. they start favorites earlier than people with senority, milkers get easy routes, hard workers are expected to pick up slack of deadbeats.

No he's still there and he has been nothing but good to me. everybody there is good to ya. If you have the right attitude they will bend over backwards to help you be good. He seems to be the kind of guy that lets his people do there jobs.

That's good. I have a couple of buddies who work there. I've heard different things. I know Sid Culp etc. over there.

No he's still there and he has been nothing but good to me. everybody there is good to ya. If you have the right attitude they will bend over backwards to help you be good. He seems to be the kind of guy that lets his people do there jobs.

He may have changed his tune since he had his heart attack. Then again my buddies may be slackers :poster_oops:

most of us are looking for something else, so he can move up the seniority list fast. this list means jackshet except maybe for vacation scheduling. they start favorites earlier than people with senority, milkers get easy routes, hard workers are expected to pick up slack of deadbeats.

some terminals that list doesn't even buy you vacation time, this year i had two drivers one that was 14 spots under me and one that was 31 spots under me get a slot that I have had for 9 years, and I had my slip in before the deadline.

I hope drivers keep doing drugs and retiring. If supply and demand works we will all be making over $100,000 a year.

Try to get on at ups freight and u will make 100,000 in 5 years... oh wait my bad, you have to work for jnj ,crst, covenant, us express if you want to run ups freight freight....... lol i work for a union company that has non union truckers run the freight!!!?!! Wtf is going on!?!!!!!!

Hello guys. I have an interview in the morning with Vitran. I'm curious about the minimum hiring standard. I have a simple assault misdemeanor charge that is just over five years old. Will that stop me from getting a job if I'm offered a position? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have been out of work almost a month and really need this job. Thanks guys.
vitran is the right place to go they hire all types of dirt bags there

Try to get on at ups freight and u will make 100,000 in 5 years... oh wait my bad, you have to work for jnj ,crst, covenant, us express if you want to run ups freight freight....... lol i work for a union company that has non union truckers run the freight!!!?!! Wtf is going on!?!!!!!!

Sadly, most drivers today think making $100,000 a year would be a lot of money for the job we do.