FedEx Freight | Interview tomorrow

Dick Dastardly

Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!
Credits
I have an interview tomorrow for a City driver position. What should I expect in the form of questions? Do they generally offer jobs at that time, or do they make you wait for a phone call? Thanks in advance.

Ok thanks. A lady from Harrison Arkansas called this morning. She did some prescreening questions and then set me up to meet with someone at 8:30 in the morning.

What do you guys think? Is it a good job at that barn? I don't mind working the dock if I have to to get my hours. How are the benefits for a family at FXF? Are they decent and affordable?

Also if I may, how strict are they on the background check? It's all on my app so surely they saw it before I was contacted. To be more precise I have a five year old simple assault charge. I paid to have it expunged but it may not have had time to come off. I listed it on the app however just in case.

Not sure about the assault charge but I don't think they'd call u if it was a problem. The background check includes criminal, employment and credit. Pretty intense.

clt let alot of drivers go last bid didn't they?
road drivers.city continues to grow.they are adding drivers at this time.when the railyard opens they should use city to keep up with trailers off the rail.local bill count keeps going up.contract trucks keep going up too.city is safe,road drivers becoming extinct.do you know why we cant transfer from road to city, but always take city drivers to go to the road.

clt let alot of drivers go last bid didn't they?
Yeah, Road drivers

It's not really "working the dock to get your hours" it IS where you'll get your hours. You could be on 3rd shift dock, 2nd shift dock, inbound dock (loading city trls) it's very hard to get 40hrs on inbound dock, probably average 28 to 34hrs there

Hopefully it won't show up at all since I paid to have it expunged. It is on the app though so surely she saw it. Hopefully the guy won't be too tough on me in the morning. I'm looking forward to it I just hope everything checks out on the extensive background Clandestine_ice warned me about. Thanks for all the replies I'll let you all know how it turns out and that's a purple promise :woohoo1:

What do you guys think? Is it a good job at that barn? I don't mind working the dock if I have to to get my hours. How are the benefits for a family at FXF? Are they decent and affordable?
You'll have probably 20 guys ahead of you on the dock with CDL's. Some don't want to drive, they just got the CDL for the extra pay, those you don't have to worry about. It's the other 10-15 that are also waiting to drive, that you have to worry about. Either way, it's a long road to a set city job. If your not OK working the dock primarily for 2-3yrs, you may want to think hard about passing

You'll have probably 20 guys ahead of you on the dock with CDL's. Some don't want to drive, they just got the CDL for the extra pay, those you don't have to worry about. It's the other 10-15 that are also waiting to drive, that you have to worry about. Either way, it's a long road to a set city job. If your not OK working the dock primarily for 2-3yrs, you may want to think hard about passing

Thanks Sharpshooter. I'll keep that in mind but honestly I don't mind. I know that is a long time to wait, but you have to play the game if you want to be a driver there.

The lady on the phone said the schedule would be 4pm 'til 12am. I'm sure that is subject to change though in reality.

The lady on the phone said the schedule would be 4pm 'til 12am. I'm sure that is subject to change though in reality.

yeah, that'll be atleast till your trained and the next bid cycle. You'll start at 4 but not necessarily work till 12, depends on bills. Also depends on how many volunteer to go home early. They keep tight watch on hours, X amount of bills, requires X amount of hours, and they stick to it