FedEx Freight | Interview tomorrow

Did they tell you how much you would work. The local depot here has an ad for a driver on the website but I'm a little hesitant. If they only work 8 hours a day then decide middle of the week to give you a day off no pay things could get a little tight. I realize everyone has to start somewhere. Occasionally take 1 step back to end up 2 steps forward. Seems like a great co. with happy drivers where I'm at. Could anyone give me there opinion or suggestion. Thank you.

it depends on what you want , $21 an hour and all nights, or $10 hr. and all days and 3 day weekends.

I say all nights cause it depends on which barn and what their schedule is, do they have a night shift, do they load and unload til like 3-4 am and then start an inbound around 2 til 10am ?

Good luck. Choose FedEx first and if you hate it then re-apply at the state in the spring, easier to get into state job than FedEx.

it depends on what you want , $21 an hour and all nights, or $10 hr. and all days and 3 day weekends.

I say all nights cause it depends on which barn and what their schedule is, do they have a night shift, do they load and unload til like 3-4 am and then start an inbound around 2 til 10am ?

Good luck. Choose FedEx first and if you hate it then re-apply at the state in the spring, easier to get into state job than FedEx.

Thanks Flounder. Yeah I decided on FedEx. My wife and I talked it over and decided that was the best move for me. That is a great starting wage at $21.28. The top pay at that particular barn is $24.28 now, so even at less than fourty that is way better than fourty with the state. The guys I spoke to yesterday talk like they are staying busy. They say they are way busier now than at this time last year too. I was told they were calling back a few of the road drivers laid off at the last change of operation.

I'll have a 4pm start time so I'm not sure how late I will work.

4pm ususally means that you will work all night you willl get ur 8 and hopefully then some. if they ask you to work over , you can deny them but dont look for them too ask you again. Clt is big and don't get run over.

Good Luck.

4pm ususally means that you will work all night you willl get ur 8 and hopefully then some. if they ask you to work over , you can deny them but dont look for them too ask you again. Clt is big and don't get run over.

Good Luck.

Thank you. I definitely won't turn them down. You only get one chance to make a first impression as they say.

Good Luck.
They usually don't there. Midnight shift and linehaul guys need the lifts. Plus they call enough PTers in to make sure nobody works OT. That dock super has it to a science

They usually don't there. Midnight shift and linehaul guys need the lifts. Plus they call enough PTers in to make sure nobody works OT. That dock super has it to a science

Yea I've worked there a few times. LOL!! Thought they might be like my center though.

Well I got the call. I'm starting next week. Thanks again guys for all the kind words and advice.

Congratulations my friend! If I can give you one piece of advice, do what it took me years to learn to do, mind your own business, don't get caught up in conversations with co-workers about other co-workers, try and stay positive and find the good in all the chaos. You will be much happier when you go to the bank ;)

Go there do your job , don't voice your opinions , don't make any new friends that will stab you in the back , go home.

You'll be fine.

Truckdriver79..... If things don't work out, most of the drivers from FedEx move onto OD.

Yeah I see that. I told my wife that was a huge red flag. FedEx Freight finally called this morning and scheduled my drug screen, physical, and road test. However after seeing all of this I'm thinking I should just do what my gut, and all of you say, and take the state job.

Man please tell us you told fedex to fly a kite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk