Introduce Yourself!

I'd be willing to let you demonstrate on all of my stuff for free. You could make some really good before and after pics for ads.

Hey guys. I'm DarkKnight out of Atlanta GA. I've ran LTL linehaul for the past 4 years, and did 4yrs before that in the city with the same company. I"m currently out of work because the idiots up at corporate don't know a Great Driver when they see one. I have a perfect driving record so I'm sure I'll find a job fairly quick, I don't want to job hop so I hope to find a good one first. I'm very interested in Foodservice, I'm not afraid of the hard work at all, I actually miss a little hard work lol. I would like to interact with customers too which I've missed being on the road running linehaul. So here i am, help me out guys please.
Companies I've applied with so far...McLane, and USfoods. I've thought of MBM and MB(Mcdonalds) but haven't filled out apps yet.

Gordon food service will be opening a distribution center in Atlanta in January of 2015. That would be an excellent opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor. Just go to gfs.com and check out job availability. You might look around at already opened distribution centers and see if you can get hired on early, to get a jump on everyone.

Guardrail

I've been at McLane for about six years now. Everyone has their whines and complaints, but overall, it has been a good experience. I have no other foodservice background to compare it to.

McLane's beliefs and values are admirable, and pretty well adhered to at the dc I work from. Management is open and accessible to all, and everyone is treated respectfully. Again, I have only worked from one distribution center, so I don't know how things are around the rest of the country.

MBM was bought by McLane a couple of years ago. I haven't talked to any MBM drivers since then, but the few I talked to seemed happy.They are run as separate companies, but I'd be interested in knowing about any changes.

This is my first post. It is sorta in response to the previous, but honest, I registered a couple of hours before that one :tongue: Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of traffic in this part of the forum, but I'll be around. I interact with other foodservice drivers here and there, but not on a regular basis. It's good to talk to others who understand what I do. I drive a truck, yes, but only because it carries the rest of my job. I think if all I had to do was drive all day, I'd go nuts.

Gordon food service will be opening a distribution center in Atlanta in January of 2015. That would be an excellent opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor. Just go to gfs.com and check out job availability. You might look around at already opened distribution centers and see if you can get hired on early, to get a jump on everyone.

Guardrail

Thank you! I'm going to fill on out online now. Their website says they are hiring drivers now in Atlanta!! I was wondering since you said they don't have a DC here in ATL yet, how do the drivers get their trailers. Probably Shuttled over ?? Do you work for GFS?

Thank you! I'm going to fill on out online now. Their website says they are hiring drivers now in Atlanta!! I was wondering since you said they don't have a DC here in ATL yet, how do the drivers get their trailers. Probably Shuttled over ?? Do you work for GFS?

Yes. I'm a transit/shuttle driver out of Kansas City. I'm not sure how they are set up there right now. I just got an email telling us about the hiring in Atlanta.

Guardrail

Jump on it DK, quick, that is one company you won't go wrong with! I hear nothing but good about them.

I've been at McLane for about six years now. Everyone has their whines and complaints, but overall, it has been a good experience. I have no other foodservice background to compare it to.

McLane's beliefs and values are admirable, and pretty well adhered to at the dc I work from. Management is open and accessible to all, and everyone is treated respectfully. Again, I have only worked from one distribution center, so I don't know how things are around the rest of the country.

MBM was bought by McLane a couple of years ago. I haven't talked to any MBM drivers since then, but the few I talked to seemed happy.They are run as separate companies, but I'd be interested in knowing about any changes.

This is my first post. It is sorta in response to the previous, but honest, I registered a couple of hours before that one :tongue: Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of traffic in this part of the forum, but I'll be around. I interact with other foodservice drivers here and there, but not on a regular basis. It's good to talk to others who understand what I do. I drive a truck, yes, but only because it carries the rest of my job. I think if all I had to do was drive all day, I'd go nuts.

Welcome aboard the mighty TB my Brother!! It is great to have you here.

We may not be the busiest forum on TB but with folks like you joining up and doing what we do, we will get busier, I work for Sysco and I'm a shuttle driver who longs to be back on a route, but this broke down old man may not be able to do it for more than a summer.