Introduce Yourself!

I have 8 years safe diving. Do you have a location near Duluth GA?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

We have a facility in Gainesville, GA about 30 miles from where you live . The loads out of there go countrywide but most of our guys that live in Georgia like to run to Texas and back to Georgia from our beef plant in Friona.

Let me know if you want an application and I'll send to your email.

Thanks for your interest!

Received your IM, I'm new to this website so I have to make a minimum of 5 posts before I can replay to PM's. Will get your application to you asap.

Thanks again!

I've got an interview tomorrow with Sysco. Any advise, what can I expect?? I had a phone interview already last Thursday, then they called me today to set up the interview for tomorrow so I'm thinking they have already gone over my background info. What kind of $$$ should I expect once i'm hired, and on the phone they said the pay is based on production. I'd like to think of myself as a hustler so I'd like to maximize my income. Hopefully this is my foot in the door with foodservice. Problem is I start with an LTL company next Monday so I hope their hiring process is quick.

Depends on the warehouse on how much you can make. What LTL company you going to be starting at?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My new bid starts at 15:00 and I have been on it for all of a week and already they are talking about rebidding. Some of the complaints are from guys that got the yard bid they wanted and they are still mad about it!

Everyone with seniority got what they asked for! I am going to bask in the entertainment while I can.

Where I come from you got your bid for the duration like it or not. Get it right the first time.

Where I come from you got your bid for the duration like it or not. Get it right the first time.

In all fairness, when some of the drivers called in to bid they couldn't get through. Translation: "I was so hungover that I forgot to call" so management decided to hold the route that they knew they would bid on for them. Like I say, it is a rich source of entertainment that usually requires a cover charge.

So goes being a Teamster in a right to work state where the Union Members don't know the difference between Samuel Gompers and Albert Pike!

Hi everyone my name is Mike,
I am a rookie truck driver and will be a rookie truck driver for my career, I learn something new everyday when I am out in the truck. Anyhow I drive a side loader beer truck for now, going to bars, restaurants and a couple grocery stores a couple times a week in Cleveland, Ohio. My route runs just outside of down town Cleveland and I have many stops 10-11 blocks from down town. I go into the Cleveland flats (where all the cool kids hang out) and deliver beer to all the big time fancy places down there.

Any how today 9-6-2014 I sold off my carpet cleaning van and am now a full time beer truck driver, one day maybe I can become a food service truck driver, or a garbage truck driver (maybe) or a gasoline tanker truck driver (won't hold my breath on that one) or a motor coach charter bus driver (more then likely, I have a passenger bus endorsement, but not a school bus endorsement, never wanted to drive a school bus)

Any how I sold off my carpet cleaning van today and watched it drive away down I-90 for the last time, I'll never see it again and I'll probably never clean another stitch of carpet again. I always wanted to be a truck driver, and I've gone through all the motions truck driving school, starting brand new at a company, going through all the companies training and really just going through it all a lot of it wasn't all fun, but I have stuck it out and trust me there were a few times I was ready to throw in the towel, but my initiation is pretty much 99% over, I am on the cusp of getting a regularly assigned route, if my company was going to get rid of me I think they would have done it by now. So I'm thinking it's kind of working out, I must be doing something right ha-ha!

Any how I enjoy the people I meet and the other beer drivers, if you guys see me out on the road please say hello ha-ha! Usually I pull a 14 bay trailer although sometimes when the load is heavy I get to pull an 18 bay, which doesn't excite me because the neighborhoods I go into are kind of tight sometimes and I know what I can do in a 14. 18's are fine, if your out in the country or some place where there is room though.

Any how like I said I'm getting it done, it's hard work driving a beer truck lots of heavy kegs and my route has no shortage of stair cases. Bring the fulls down and grab the empty's and bring them up.

Any how here I am I don't work for a big company like Sysco or anything like that because beverage distribution doesn't work that way, however the company I work for is big in the state of Ohio. Any how thanks for your time.

Mike
in Cleveland

Mike you have good attitude towards the job and thats important, but always remember that CDL in your wallet is yours, and you and you alone are responsible for protecting it, because it holds your future, a good clean experienced CDL allows to go anywhere within the field and thats freedom that isn't in most jobs, so be carefull and keep up the good attitude.

Mike you have good attitude towards the job and thats important, but always remember that CDL in your wallet is yours, and you and you alone are responsible for protecting it, because it holds your future, a good clean experienced CDL allows to go anywhere within the field and thats freedom that isn't in most jobs, so be carefull and keep up the good attitude.

Your right kboomarang, I wish we had Mike at my yard, hell I wish we had a whole yard full of Mikes.

Well GT thanks for that if I ever find my way to Oklahoma I'll put in an application at Sysco in Norman, I try really hard to do the best that I can. I don't be grudge the place where I work there not perfect by any means, but I am not perfect either we both have a lot of room for improvement, but they have some pros they have some cons too, but it is a good starter job for a year or two. It's not the end all be all and I've told some of the other guys at the yard, this isn't it for me, this is just the start. A lot of the guys at the yard are married and have kids and so delivering beer works out really well for them. Me I'm not married and have no kids so home or away it's no big deal, but it's a good start it's hard to get into food right off the rip from CDL school not saying it's impossible, but like as many times as I applied to Northern Hasserot even though I had a Class A I did not have enough experience to even drive one of their box trucks. Sometimes it doesn't matter when they say 1-2 years sometimes they do mean it and that goes for both A or B Class. I applied for the heck of it to work at Airgas delivering dry ice and it was a Class B job and Air Gas said I didn't have enough experience, although I did get a phone interview with GFS and if I applied at GFS again I could eventually work my way in there. Other beer distributors in town said I could work there and so did a produce company, and recently I got a phone call from Crete/Schaffer, but right now where I am at is fine. I just found out a friend of mine is getting his license and maybe that will present some opportunities down the line. He's hungry and wants to make some dough. He works for a utility construction company right now and they are having a contest trying to get a lot of there guys to get CDLs. Where he works though, a Class B is good enough, but he said that he can use there equipment and train on it in there yard and he is going for a Class A figured he would go for the big one, that's what I figured get a Class A that way you won't have to upgrade later, because eventually most people end up having to up grade any how. Although it's funny right now I am bureaucratically speaking qualified to drive a city transit bus for the RTA, but if I was to go to the Regional Transit Authority to be a city transit bus driver, they would still put me in there new driver training program like I never saw a CMV before. However I understand there is a big difference between hauling around people and hauling around bottles of beer or cases of chicken fingers.

That's the one thing I remember though it's not the companies license it's my license and at the end of the day really I'm an independent contractor, pretty much I lease my license out to them if you think about it. They don't push us to bad really, because they don't want any accidents or trouble either, but at the end of the day, it's my license not there's and I paid good money to get my license so you know I try to be cautious about things, like sometimes I can be apprehensive about making right on reds. Not saying I have never made a right on red, because I have, but sometimes I'm a little apprehensive about it. When I do back I go slow and stuff like that, I am not a fast backer never have been never will be it's just how I am. After all they can't be mad at you for not having some stupid incident.