Estes | Invite to management

No 10% discount at UPSF (as of yet) anyways. There is one thing that I have learned though, and that is to expect the unexpected, in this industry. TE out....

I hear ya driver. Hopefully the stock market is actually showing signs of life (not a bear rally that's setting us up for a tremendous :nutkick:). Everything out here in the South is chugging along pretty well. Hope you guys are doing well out West as well.

I hear ya driver. Hopefully the stock market is actually showing signs of life (not a bear rally that's setting us up for a tremendous :nutkick:). Everything out here in the South is chugging along pretty well. Hope you guys are doing well out West as well.

I just realized how fond I am of the word "well".:clap:

No 10% discount at UPSF (as of yet) anyways. There is one thing that I have learned though, and that is to expect the unexpected, in this industry. TE out....

That's right! Big companies big expenses big changes. Nothing is pemanent in trucking. Way too much overhead.

That's right! Big companies big expenses big changes. Nothing is pemanent in trucking. Way too much overhead.

That's right .... big executive compensation salaries and benefit packages ... country clubs, company aircraft, golden parachutes !
Sure wish I went to school instead of working on my car in the driveway !

That's right .... big executive compensation salaries and benefit packages ... country clubs, company aircraft, golden parachutes !
Sure wish I went to school instead of working on my car in the driveway !

You couldn't have put it any better 2000.You know the bonuses that AIG big wigs had to give back, well, according to certain media outlets, they're going to get it back as soon as the bailout money that we taxpayers put in their bank accounts starts showing up in their quarterly profit reports. I don't think I could sleep if I knew I was doing that to an American worker. I understand we have had 2 national disruptions. But if, over the years, they would have put those profits back into the company, they wouldn't have failed.They would have had the money to cover the hurricanes and people wouldn't be screaming for help, it would have been there to help.

You couldn't have put it any better 2000.You know the bonuses that AIG big wigs had to give back, well, according to certain media outlets, they're going to get it back as soon as the bailout money that we taxpayers put in their bank accounts starts showing up in their quarterly profit reports. I don't think I could sleep if I knew I was doing that to an American worker. I understand we have had 2 national disruptions. But if, over the years, they would have put those profits back into the company, they wouldn't have failed.They would have had the money to cover the hurricanes and people wouldn't be screaming for help, it would have been there to help.
That's the part about corporate greed and corruption that doesn't sit well with me, the underhanded backroom deals that the general public will never know about. What ever happened to a conscience and responsibility ? That seems to have been lost in the corporate boardrooms of the world today.

If that were true then that would be the best reason to seek representation I've heard yet!...:biglaugh:

You wouldn't need to, since I know I would treat all people fairly, with equal pay for equal work and a wiliness to share the wealth that your hard work would bring to all.
Speak about yourself first since you don't know me.
I won't bother with any other comments.

You wouldn't need to, since I know I would treat all people fairly, with equal pay for equal work and a wiliness to share the wealth that your hard work would bring to all.

That's what we have with Rob now. So you just made my point thank you. Like you said, we don't need to. That's it in a nutshell.

This is a great invite to management, but can I offer some advice? If management does show up in here and says something you disagree with or doesn't make you happy, think before you click. We have a dispatcher that used to frequent our forum and some folks got disrespectful and rude with him and he disappeared. We must understand that most management are 100% loyal to the company, and if you guys can pull it off you will be able to keep a vital and useful link of communication.

This is a great invite to management, but can I offer some advice? If management does show up in here and says something you disagree with or doesn't make you happy, think before you click. We have a dispatcher that used to frequent our forum and some folks got disrespectful and rude with him and he disappeared. We must understand that most management are 100% loyal to the company, and if you guys can pull it off you will be able to keep a vital and useful link of communication.

This is not the place for those folks that are sensitive. Most folks with some brass on their shirt get flustered too easy. If they can't handle a little bit of bitterness from us dumb dumb trucker's it's probably best they don't get involved because we would have to :butt kiss: just to keep them on board. I do enuf of that at work.:shift:

Mildew, we can disagree with management and debate them without attacking them personally. My advice was just my opinion on how to keep the lines open, I'm just a visitor here. I know alot of Big E drivers and you are blessed to be surrounded by such a group of drivers.

This is not the place for those folks that are sensitive. Most folks with some brass on their shirt get flustered too easy. If they can't handle a little bit of bitterness from us dumb dumb trucker's it's probably best they don't get involved because we would have to :butt kiss: just to keep them on board. I do enuf of that at work.:shift:

Your right this is not a good place for someone thin skinned that's for sure and I'm not gonna beg anybody to post in here. If they can't handle the heat then....well you know.

But I see CM's point to. If we can debate and discuss things with a manager without getting rude or personal then we could get a few more of our opinions out there and maybe get some good feedback from the behind the desk point of view. I know they read these posts, but some insight would be pretty good too.

Mildew, we can disagree with management and debate them without attacking them personally. My advice was just my opinion on how to keep the lines open, I'm just a visitor here. I know alot of Big E drivers and you are blessed to be surrounded by such a group of drivers.

Companyman, welcome to the Big E board. We keep it light and sarcastic, Mildew was right on, though. If we're not that welcoming to trolls, we probably will test the patience of bosses.

It's all in fun, though, and most managers at our company are laid back and take a ribbing (or is that ribbed?).:biglaugh:

It's all in fun, though, and most managers at our company are laid back and take a ribbing (or is that ribbed?).:biglaugh:

That's right. When my terminal manager hired me he told me "As long as you don't do something dumb that gets my butt chewed out you won't even know you got a boss." And I have found that to be very true. We have a great TM that helps us when we need it but other than that leaves us alone as long as we do our job right.