Estes | Invite to management

That's right. When my terminal manager hired me he told me "As long as you don't do something dumb that gets my butt chewed out you won't even know you got a boss." And I have found that to be very true. We have a great TM that helps us when we need it but other than that leaves us alone as long as we do our job right.

I've only met Tim once, but he was super cool.

:Off-Topic:

How do I change this "Lurker" crap? I feel like I belong on 48 hrs mystery or something.

Top left corner click "user cp" then click "edit profile details" you'll see how to do the rest. You can type in whatever you want in place of the "lurker"

wish ups freight would extend this.

I, personally would like to see more of our management team posting here. I realize that it is called Truckingboards "Truck Drivers" forum, but you guys, I would think, would be more than welcome. There has to be some of you looking in.
You can call yourself, "TerminalManagerGuy", or "DispatchPartyAnimalGuy", something really cool like that! :biglaugh:
Why sit outside the driver's lounge, when you can come right in and chat? It may open up some really interesting dialog. Just give your location as New Mexico, and nobody will know.

this is good for all co.

Well gentlemen I cannot really give you a behind the desk view point since I do not spend much time behind one, in fact I personally cannot sit behind one for long. Everything that matters in a trucking terminal is going on out on the dock, in Dispatch or out on the roads which you gentlemen call your domain. People do not work for me, we all work together as a team as that is the only way for any of us to suceed as individuals and as a company. Regarding desks, I remember what Robey Estes said at my terminal one time when he was asked why we had all new tractors, forklifts and trailers but all we had was second hand office furniture. His reply " Young man in all my years in this industry I have yet to see a desk make a delivery or a pick up" Anyway we are all fortunate to be working for a company that is debt free and makes solid business decisions, we as a company err on issues at times and will not treat individuals at times as they feel they should be treated , but as a whole it is a good place to work.

This is a great invite to management, but can I offer some advice? If management does show up in here and says something you disagree with or doesn't make you happy, think before you click. We have a dispatcher that used to frequent our forum and some folks got disrespectful and rude with him and he disappeared. We must understand that most management are 100% loyal to the company, and if you guys can pull it off you will be able to keep a vital and useful link of communication.

Well said Companyman. When I started this thread, I had nothing but friendly interaction in mind. It absolutely had no "I agree, I disagree" infighting element to it. As most management are 100% loyal to the company, I see nothing different from Estes drivers.
You're always gonna have the guy who hates authority, his company, his landlord, the bank who holds the mortgage. YOU applied at Estes, and YOU filled out the paperwork for a place to live etc. I talk to people who sometimes ***** about thier employer, and how rich they are getting. Well, they are the guys who took the risk to start the business. Now here is 300 pound employee with six fed kids, and a house, complaining that his employer isn't throwing his cash around like a maniac! I never understood that attitude.
So, let's get some more of the management to step up and step out of the shadows. I did not, and would not invite you here to be beaten, and trusted the tone of the Estes board, that that would not happen. So far, so good. Hats off to Flash!
I only wish that Rob would use this forum for announcements and interaction. Could you imagine how that would shake Trucking Boards to it's core? Who the hell wants to wait for the Estonian to come out? :biglaugh:
So, COME OUT MANAGEMENT! If you get hammered there is always the "drunk" thread to say something silly!:Banane01:

Well gentlemen I cannot really give you a behind the desk view point since I do not spend much time behind one, in fact I personally cannot sit behind one for long. Everything that matters in a trucking terminal is going on out on the dock, in Dispatch or out on the roads which you gentlemen call your domain. People do not work for me, we all work together as a team as that is the only way for any of us to suceed as individuals and as a company. Regarding desks, I remember what Robey Estes said at my terminal one time when he was asked why we had all new tractors, forklifts and trailers but all we had was second hand office furniture. His reply " Young man in all my years in this industry I have yet to see a desk make a delivery or a pick up" Anyway we are all fortunate to be working for a company that is debt free and makes solid business decisions, we as a company err on issues at times and will not treat individuals at times as they feel they should be treated , but as a whole it is a good place to work.

:shift: :waycool: :gathering:

Very well said. We are fortunate to be working for a company that has taken the "expansion bull" by the horns and done a good job in doing so. As far as the desk delivering or picking up freight, I don't remember seeing one do that either. We appreciate your input. Thanks.

Welcome flash614...and thanks for that quote from Mr. Robey. That's a good one and from what I've heard from people that were around him alot that would be just like him to make a statement like that, a very common sense man.

I agree that we are blessed to work for this debt free company and the solid business decisions that have been made give us confidence to invest our futures in Estes. That to me is worth alot. As you said it is not a perfect company but none are, but I've been around the block a time or two and seen a couple of things from a drivers perspective, and I'm glad I've found myself working here now.
Hope you can contribute to our forum often...:wavey:

you guys get to uptight when you are told or explained how it Really is. I speak the truth and sometimes I get bashed for it which shows you people could not handle that here.

OH, elvis, shuddaup!:biglaugh:

" Young man in all my years in this industry I have yet to see a desk make a delivery or a pick up"
Hell, I work for one of your competitors and I like him already! Sounds like something I would say! I just wish I was in the room to see the response to the answer he gave.:biglaugh:

Shall we bow down in your presence now, or just wait until your leaving ?
Nobody ever told me I was perfect, but it seems that you may think you are.

Calm down teamsterboy and take a joke.:biglaugh:I thought you had thick skin.

I promise you I know I'm nowhere near perfect, and will never be worth bowing down to.

Romans 3:10-
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

But there is One that was perfect. He never sinned the whole time He walked this old world. He is the only one worthy to be bowed to.

Heb. 4:12-
For we have not an high priest (Jesus) which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

I am weak but in my weakness, Christs strength is made perfect.

2Cor. 12:9-
And he (Jesus) said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So if you want to bow to a perfect One, consider this man called Jesus Christ. So one day when I die and go to heaven the Bible says I will be made like Him, perfect. But as for now down here I'm a very long way from being perfect, of that I am sure.