Holland | Is 12 to 14 Hour shifts the New yrc Holland way now ??

I know I'm not going to change your mind. I've already said that. But what I won't do is sit around passively and listen to folks bash my employer and me as well for working there. I know a lot of your ilk think we are all rube idiots working for OD. I assure you. We are not.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think hardly anyone really feels that way.All the city LTL drivers from all the companies seem to help each other out and like one another.It would be nice however if you would show them DAWGS a little love !!

We work 60 at RO as combo men. We have to protect our bid and be off 10 hours. Friday then can work us over 60 but we still do logs and it still effects our hours for Monday and beyond. 10% can work over 14 because they do not have a bid but what happens is they start them later next day.

I like my job because I DON'T sit for 4 hours free before I get the big 7.50 breakdown pay. I get layover at my regular hourly rate, not 7.50. I don't pay 96.50 a week for insurance for my family.

seems like most of you guys from OD think you have the world by the balls since you got out of Swift.... no ot, minimum wage for layover and breakdown, and expensive benefits and no pension. sweet....but hey, they treat you great! that's what really means something, being treated well while your being paid substandard overtime, layover, breakdown, and benefits.
I think you do pay at least that for insurance. That 15% is going somewhere ?

no, they just took our wages down 15%. still haven't seen a co pay on my check stub....

remember, the 15% was for shirts, fingerprint scanners, and bonuses.

I don't think hardly anyone really feels that way.All the city LTL drivers from all the companies seem to help each other out and like one another.It would be nice however if you would show them DAWGS a little love !![/QUOTE]

I like the dawgs just fine, just as long as they ain't playin 'Bama!! RDT!!

I dont take crap from my boss man i personally ran ole Scotty out the break room dang lying no good pos and he cant deny it i put the fear of,the good man up stairs in his eyes i dont take s h ii t from nobody but i do do my job but i do remember when OD was the cheapest paid in,the industry and it want all that long ago early 2000,s you guys been along way and its always nice to have a family run company still alive and kicking problem is with southeastern they have become to corporate they have forgot where they came from as OD has not and i truly wish holland was back,to,the good,ole days of Usf Holland back when they cared

From the stories of the old Holland it sounded like a great place to work. If they didn't have the big yellow anchor on their neck I would consider going there if OD didn't work out.

I have been here 24 years we started out working 65-70 hours a week that"s what made Holland, We still get overtime after 8hrs not like OD after 60hrs or central after 55hrs
SEFL don't pay any overtime, I worked there for 8 yrs and I always worked 60-70hra EVERY week. Atleast Holland does pay overtime after 8 hrs. Although I do agree with a previous comment that starting pay should be higher, be happy that you guys get OT

I think you do pay at least that for insurance. That 15% is going somewhere ?
This is starting to sound like a verbal cage fight.! Maybe I could set up a pay per view match. At Holland I gave up 15%, where I am now I spend it on top level benefits and company stock. Same amount is gone from my check...the union tells me that I am orphan...and the company sends me a letter during the Holidays saying if I don't like what their doing I could leave. I left...what I do isn't for everyone. I run 5 days straight, on the 5th day I'm back at my dc logging out and going home. I could care less...the 25% to my pension is nothing equal to the 401 match I have here for my benefit. A few months ago I ran into one of the guys from Holland when I was stopping for my break. He was telling me about all the rumors going around about me working here, wishing that I never left. After break I told him to come out to my truck , I wanted to show him something. When he did , I handed him my payroll sheet....now he is working here. You go to work, come home and spend time with your family, how you earn your living is up to you.! It's not about the name on the door...it is what is best for you in the long run.

No ,before the old yellow pig , we could keep it down to 50 hours a week and you are missing the point here is , they want to GROW the company ,BUT nobody will apply , and with these long hours Driver fatigue happens which causes smashed freight & trucks and angry disgrunted workers in disputes over silly things like not folding up freeze blankets , so just SETTLED down , and I am really nice to see that you are always HAPPY HAPPY with the way this company is being run now ... Have a Nice Happy Day , and as for the tampon comment , what a nice happy thought you had !!!!
All these trucking compaines are having trouble,finding help its just not Holland but everybody the industry is short hundred's of thousands drivers so its just not us

What you take home doesn't say much....that all depends on your child support,withholdings etc......your taxable gross is the important number. Just sayin'....I claim 13 for withholdings and get a much bigger take home check than guys that claim 0!
Claim 13 wtf can you not mange your money or something where you cant claim a normal number lol i know a guy with 4 kids and a wife that dont work that only claims 5 and he can make it so why 13 for you unless you been a,busy fellow on a bid wink wink

Claim 13 wtf can you not mange your money or something where you cant claim a normal number lol i know a guy with 4 kids and a wife that dont work that only claims 5 and he can make it so why 13 for you unless you been a,busy fellow on a bid wink wink

LOL!! It's crazy I know.....I pay ZERO fed tax unless I hit about 1,800 for the week....then its about $20....I got 3k back this year and paid $120 in fed tax for the year....3 kids and a stay at home momma is good that way. But believe me.....they cost me way more than 3k a year!