Holland | Is 12 to 14 Hour shifts the New yrc Holland way now ??

This is starting to sound like a verbal cage fight.! Maybe I could set up a pay per view match. At Holland I gave up 15%, where I am now I spend it on top level benefits and company stock. Same amount is gone from my check...the union tells me that I am orphan...and the company sends me a letter during the Holidays saying if I don't like what their doing I could leave. I left...what I do isn't for everyone. I run 5 days straight, on the 5th day I'm back at my dc logging out and going home. I could care less...the 25% to my pension is nothing equal to the 401 match I have here for my benefit. A few months ago I ran into one of the guys from Holland when I was stopping for my break. He was telling me about all the rumors going around about me working here, wishing that I never left. After break I told him to come out to my truck , I wanted to show him something. When he did , I handed him my payroll sheet....now he is working here. You go to work, come home and spend time with your family, how you earn your living is up to you.! It's not about the name on the door...it is what is best for you in the long run.

Well dont keep us in suspense! How much can we expect to make per year running 5 days? Maybe you'll convince more guys to jump off the Titanic....

LOL!! It's crazy I know.....I pay ZERO fed tax unless I hit about 1,800 for the week....then its about $20....I got 3k back this year and paid $120 in fed tax for the year....3 kids and a stay at home momma is good that way. But believe me.....they cost me way more than 3k a year!

IF you are telling the truth . . . this will come back to haunt you. The IRS will make you pay quarterly. Otherwise, the first liar doesn't stand a chance.

Well dont keep us in suspense! How much can we expect to make per year running 5 days? Maybe you'll convince more guys to jump off the Titanic....
Nahhh.!!! they will go down listening to the band.! My point was take off the YRC blinders and honestly look around. I will do about 90+ and I'm a lazy old fart running about 60 hrs a week. Like I said I had enough and got out...I came over to get away from those idiots that we worked for...!! I drive days and sleep nites hell after what we went through at YRC Holland to me it's easy street. To others it may be a nightmare...if you don't look around how will you know.? UPS feeder driver wasn't my cup of tea, nor was hauling cars but I know guys who don't mind the work. If it's good for them and it takes care of their family's...more power to them.

Nahhh.!!! they will go down listening to the band.! My point was take off the YRC blinders and honestly look around. I will do about 90+ and I'm a lazy old fart running about 60 hrs a week. Like I said I had enough and got out...I came over to get away from those idiots that we worked for...!! I drive days and sleep nites hell after what we went through at YRC Holland to me it's easy street. To others it may be a nightmare...if you don't look around how will you know.? UPS feeder driver wasn't my cup of tea, nor was hauling cars but I know guys who don't mind the work. If it's good for them and it takes care of their family's...more power to them.
Who do you work for now

Who do you work for now
The largest private carrier...the one that has it's name every where in big blue letters. I go in at my weekly start day and time, get into my assigned unit and run my way. I get paid for everything I do and I'm not waiting on a motel van, nor sleeping in a motel where my wife wouldn't let her puppy take a nap.! I get paid sleeper time. Your driving well kept equipment, your slip seating at first, however when your done your expected to fuel the unit, which is done for you and run it through the truck wash and leave it as you found it. I go in, do my job and on the 5th day I'm off. We run 100% legal period. They say that your starting pay is 77,000. maybe but it's really up to you, some guys work the 34 hour restart, rest of us do the assigned work week. We are getting way off topic here...maybe life on the rock will be better with the warmer weather........!

All these trucking compaines are having trouble,finding help its just not Holland but everybody the industry is short hundred's of thousands drivers so its just not us
Yep. They herd people in the front door like cattle, then their lies and treating the new guys like :shhit: has them slipping out the back door. The trucking industry needs to figure out that the driving jobs are plentiful, and there aren't too many people going to tolerate being treated like :shhit:. Treat me like :shhit:...........and you can take a good swift kiss. :eck13:

Yep. They herd people in the front door like cattle, then their lies and treating the new guys like :shhit: has them slipping out the back door. The trucking industry needs to figure out that the driving jobs are plentiful, and there aren't too many people going to tolerate being treated like :shhit:. Treat me like :shhit:...........and you can take a good swift kiss. :eck13:
All these freight compaines are the same flash. Just diffrent colored trucks

The largest private carrier...the one that has it's name every where in big blue letters. I go in at my weekly start day and time, get into my assigned unit and run my way. I get paid for everything I do and I'm not waiting on a motel van, nor sleeping in a motel where my wife wouldn't let her puppy take a nap.! I get paid sleeper time. Your driving well kept equipment, your slip seating at first, however when your done your expected to fuel the unit, which is done for you and run it through the truck wash and leave it as you found it. I go in, do my job and on the 5th day I'm off. We run 100% legal period. They say that your starting pay is 77,000. maybe but it's really up to you, some guys work the 34 hour restart, rest of us do the assigned work week. We are getting way off topic here...maybe life on the rock will be better with the warmer weather........!

It would have been much quicker to say Wal Mart. Whats the big secret?

Spy ware tv in the drivers room and cameras everywhere. The TM said I could go out and say hi to the guys when I stopped in to pick up some paper work. The place has changed, hardly knew any body except for a few. One stupid visor who watched me the entire time I was there, at least now he can't write me up. I bet they had me on candid camera the entire time I was there making sure I didn't steal any drivers away.!

I liked the drum roll a little better iv heard you mentioning it b4 but never saw where it was wally world are they good about taking extended time off beyond your vacation days
I never have asked but when the wife was ill, I missed 20 days and they never said a thing except to give the transportation manager a call weekly to update him on the wife's condition. When I returned to work, I was called into his office so he could ask me how she was doing and if I wanted extended time off. I don't think there would be a problem unless it was in our busy time of the year.

I liked the drum roll a little better iv heard you mentioning it b4 but never saw where it was wally world are they good about taking extended time off beyond your vacation days
Taking more time off than you are allowed? I guess you are that lazy huh

Spy ware tv in the drivers room and cameras everywhere. !

The contact forbids cameras. :busted:

Except for ABF, they gave it away. :thumbsdown: So you must be talking about Walmart?:idunno:

I have a buddy from CF that worked out of Walmart Coldwater for 10 years and hated every minute.:732: Walmart took all the long runs and gave them to Werner. And what about Wintersville and a number of other DC's? All the drivers are Werner, Swift, or some other Bottom-Feeder brand.

Some of the Holland guys that quit and went to Walmart, have now quit Walmart. So it ain't all unicorns and puppy-dogs like you make it out to be.:grouphug:
:coffee1: Having said that, I will also say the Holland downward slide will soon become a steep drop-off. :fan:Starting with TM meetings these last couple of weeks. This all started six months ago with hiring a new VP of Operations that used to work for Vitran.

At Vitran, this guy was an Heir Apparent. :notworthy: He could do no wrong, no matter how ignorant the decision. Now we are blessed with his "wisdom" at Holland.

The TM's are being told in these meetings that they will be accountable for "safety" at their terminals . . . such as padlocks on city trailers (Yeah I know this has nothing to do with safety). So the new VP is setting the TM's up for failure, so he can replace them with YRC-clones :tumbleweed:Then slowly, the new TM's will ease out old school Holland Supervisors.

If you knew my background, you would know none of this is BS and it will happen over the next two years.
So stay tuned Sports Fans! :1sm364jumpbed:

Oldguns, I'm very glad you're happy at Walmart, but like the Bible says, "A prophet hath no honor in his own country." You might even be 100% correct in your opinion. However, coming back to the Holland thread to preach the gospel of Walmart just ain't gonna fly, no matter how much zeal and enthusiasm you have as a convert.

Myself I am an Employee-Agnostic. I should not have to confess the gospel of a Corporation just to work there.

I just want to go to work. Do a good job. Go home, and have a nice quiet family life.

Last edited:

Except for ABF, they gave it away. :thumbsdown: So you must be talking about Walmart?:idunno:

I have a buddy from CF that worked out of Walmart Coldwater for 10 years and hated every minute.:732: Walmart took all the long runs and gave them to Werner. And what about Wintersville and a number of other DC's? All the drivers are Werner, Swift, or some other Bottom-Feeder brand.

Some of the Holland guys that quit and went to Walmart, have now quit Walmart. So it ain't all unicorns and puppy-dogs like you make it out to be.:grouphug:
:coffee1: Having said that, I will also say the Holland downward slide will soon become a steep drop-off. :fan:Starting with TM meetings these last couple of weeks. This all started six months ago with hiring a new VP of Operations that used to work for Vitran.

At Vitran, this guy was an Heir Apparent. :notworthy: He could do no wrong, no matter how ignorant the decision. Now we are blessed with his "wisdom" at Holland.

The TM's are being told in these meetings that they will be accountable for "safety" at their terminals . . . such as padlocks on city trailers (Yeah I know this has nothing to do with safety). So the new VP is setting the TM's up for failure, so he can replace them with YRC-clones :tumbleweed:Then slowly, the new TM's will ease out old school Holland Supervisors.

If you knew my background, you would know none of this is BS and it will happen over the next two years.

Oldguns, I'm very glad you're happy at Walmart, but like the Bible says, "A prophet hath no honor in his own country." You might even be 100% correct in your opinion. However, coming back to the Holland thread to preach the gospel of Walmart just ain't gonna fly, no matter how much zeal and enthusiasm you have as a convert.

Myself I am an Employee-Agnostic. I should not have to confess the gospel of a Corporation just to work there.

I just want to go to work. Do a good job. Go home, and have a nice quiet family life.
My friend you need to read my posts closely., family is all it's about.! I go to work, do my job as I have always done and then it's family time. Weekly I talk to my old holland buddy's who now are UPS feeder drivers or hauling new cars, it works for them and that is the bottom line. There are some that changed jobs and yes they have moved on to different things. To the others that remain, it works for them...good, but there is no gospel to preach, it is what it is and what you make out of it...period.! At the end of the day it's just another truck driving job.

Look closely, those bottom feeders normally have a refer on their backs...and the DC's your talking about are grocery. I don't want to ruin your day but at CO there are camera's...round ceiling hugging type. The guys told me that their in the drivers room, dock and some outside.! When I said that per contract they were not allowed....it was like I wasn't speaking english. They even took the time to point several of them out to me...there hard to miss...they are the same type we have in our drivers room. I know you don't BS, so far by your earlier posts you have been laying it out the way it is...period. Hope the guys pay attention to what you have been saying....

My buddy that worked in Coldwater just wanted to go to work and do his job and that's when things started to turn sideways for him at Wallmart. Hope his story is not the norm and you can fly under the radar without any problems. Good Luck!

I know your background but your secret is safe with me . All I want to know is the VP from Vitran the most hated man in the business? Please say it's not J. Hart*** .