Yellow | Is 705 following their work?

Pup Driver

TB Veteran
Credits
Last I heard 705 beat YRC at the grievance on following their work in to Bolingbrook . Now nothings being said . Whats up with Ricky R ?he ain't talken? :stir:

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=81979.msg846452#msg846452 date=1278997192]
Ask Mike Ha. he filed the grievence for 710 road drivers. Go STUMP Go!!!
[/quote]
If you listen to all the rumor and BS around 309 the past month...the word is we are getting the transloads back and freight back from bollingbrook and the south dock is to reopen. This is rumored to happen in a so called COO in late August or September. Have you guys heard any of this??

[quote author=Mango710 link=topic=81979.msg846453#msg846453 date=1278998839]
If you listen to all the rumor and BS around 309 the past month...the word is we are getting the transloads back and freight back from bollingbrook and the south dock is to reopen. This is rumored to happen in a so called COO in late August or September. Have you guys heard any of this??
[/quote] No haven't heard anything about that but it was leaked at Montgomery that YRC is unable to sell off CGB/301 and that the town of Chicago Ridge has offered a huge tax incentive to reopen our old Yellow terminal . This incentive has caught the eyes of YRC leadership and they are really considering closing Bolingbrook and the heights . It makes perfect scents to close two and move into one big terminal . Chicago Ridge wanted to make an other shopping center but they already have one and all the other deals made with the town fall through. If they leave the terminal m/t YRC will be paying more taxes than if they take the offer. The town doesn't want an eyesore that big .

Well, we could lose more business so we could all fit into Chicago Ridge, or we could gain more business and have to reopen Chicago Ridge and have it running along with the others.

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=81979.msg846456#msg846456 date=1279000162]
No haven't heard anything about that but it was leaked at Montgomery that YRC is unable to sell off CGB/301 and that the town of Chicago Ridge has offered a huge tax incentive to reopen our old Yellow terminal . This incentive has caught the eyes of YRC leadership and they are really considering closing Bolingbrook and the heights . It makes perfect scents to close two and move into one big terminal . Chicago Ridge wanted to make an other shopping center but they already have one and all the other deals made with the town fall through. If they leave the terminal m/t YRC will be paying more taxes than if they take the offer. The town doesn't want an eyesore that big .
[/quote]
I heard 301 was gutted form stem to stearn...no water pipes...no nothing wouldnt it cost to much to get that place just to minimal operational standards. No heat , no AC, no nothing. Is it possible??

[quote author=Mango710 link=topic=81979.msg846559#msg846559 date=1279040600]
I heard 301 was gutted form stem to stearn...no water pipes...no nothing wouldnt it cost to much to get that place just to minimal operational standards. No heat , no AC, no nothing. Is it possible??
[/quote]With YRC anything goes, no mater if it makes sense or not. And if its their idea.....Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead.

[/quote]
What are you talking about (heat and ac)? They have no doors, the wind blows through! There wasn't much there to gut other than concrete and a roof.

I think he ment for the Office personel. That would have to be the first thing repaired. Then they could worry about plumbing to the toilet in the hole for the dock. :popcorn:

[/quote]Anything can be fixed with duc-tape. :biglaugh:

I heard 301 was gutted form stem to stearn...no water pipes...no nothing wouldn't it cost to much to get that place just to minimal operational standards. No heat , no AC, no nothing. Is it possible??
[/quote] I stopped there about 2 or 3 months ago and the guard told me that the water water pipes froze and burst . As I remember most of those pipes were exposed so reaching them ain't a problem . There needs to be work done and with the tax break plus having a write off on their taxes I think it's very do able . There is talk of a coo and this could be it. :grouphug:

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=81979.msg846738#msg846738 date=1279075547]
I stopped there about 2 or 3 months ago and the guard told me that the water water pipes froze and burst . As I remember most of those pipes were exposed so reaching them ain't a problem . There needs to be work done and with the tax break plus having a write off on their taxes I think it's very do able . There is talk of a coo and this could be it. :grouphug:
[/quote]
thx Pup....dont care what facilty i work at...I just want to work...

Can imagine the stunned look on the fuelers faces if we go back to 301? " you mean we get to stay dry and warm inside"? I bet they still won't check the oil! :grouphug:

[quote author=wolf link=topic=81979.msg846572#msg846572 date=1279042481]
I think he ment for the Office personel. That would have to be the first thing repaired. Then they could worry about plumbing to the toilet in the hole for the dock. :popcorn:
[/quote]I'm sure YRC will have the shop take a couple of those old jiffs sitting in the yard,and turn them into port-a-potties for the time being. Instead of having a drivers seat inside the tractor,replace it with a toilet seat. Then the office people will know what it would be like being in a big truck. :biglaugh:

[quote author=wolf link=topic=81979.msg846572#msg846572 date=1279042481]
[/quote]
Yes Wolf i did mean the Office, breakrooms and bathrooms...also they would probably have to replace all the computer stuff for the bill scanning system on the dock....allot to do if it happens.

[/quote]The ridge wasnt gutted completely, the former TM just tried to make it too expensive for the company to return destroying everything he could and selling the generator. As long as theres a dock with a roof we can still break loads--theres a lot more room there than 309 {like working on old lower Wacker drive} more doors under one roof and no 300 trailers of freight to be shuttled 80 yds south to the other dock, a separate 140 door dock for city and expo freight. The wiring and tube system are easy to fix. Its a location issue, Chicago Ridge is more centrally located and if there is a tax break, cheaper to run. 309 is a perfect location for another trucker or for the railroad, they were interested in that land according to stories I heard last year

[quote author=The DIME link=topic=81979.msg847072#msg847072 date=1279162875]
The ridge wasnt gutted completely, the former TM just tried to make it too expensive for the company to return destroying everything he could and selling the generator. As long as theres a dock with a roof we can still break loads--theres a lot more room there than 309 {like working on old lower Wacker drive} more doors under one roof and no 300 trailers of freight to be shuttled 80 yds south to the other dock, a separate 140 door dock for city and expo freight. The wiring and tube system are easy to fix. Its a location issue, Chicago Ridge is more centrally located and if there is a tax break, cheaper to run. 309 is a perfect location for another trucker or for the railroad, they were interested in that land according to stories I heard last year
[/quote] With all that rail work going to Santa Fe Willow it's only 10 to 15 minutes from gate to gate . If they calculated on the savings of fuel per mile on those trucks coming from the heights to the Willow in a very short time the saving alone would pay for all necessary terminal repairs . [don't ya think?] :stir:

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=81979.msg847078#msg847078 date=1279165935]
With all that rail work going to Santa Fe Willow it's only 10 to 15 minutes from gate to gate . If they calculated on the savings of fuel per mile on those trucks coming from the heights to the Willow in a very short time the saving alone would pay for all necessary terminal repairs . [don't ya think?] :stir:
[/quote]

It would still take the shuttle drivers 2 hours to turn :biglaugh: But seriously, folks, 301 (having not been dispatched to it..yet) seems to be the better location. On the road side, Carlise would be history from there, but it seems such a waste to see that huge property just sitting there...EMPTY!!

I only run into the Ridge for a week vacation replacement, so not much expertise on it. Would tolls increase significantly for the "company" if 309 was closed down and moved to the Ridge? I'm thinking not all freight goes to Chicago, some is just passing through. Asking for my own education. :popcorn: