Yellow | Is 710 members afraid to fight?

paininda

TB Lurker
Credits
Few years ago when roadway asked Ron Dawson if he would like to be the Linehaul manager in Chicago he knew this would be a great fight, he would fight one of the strongest unions in the country. I'm sure Ron knew with the merger coming there would be many dealings with the mighty 710 and he thought " I will teach them a lesson". He was right and he's winning.
Well now two and a half years later Ron is winning the battle. Ron has figured out that the mighty 710 agent ( Charlie) is now gone and most of the strongest 710 members have retired and is left with a few fighters and alot of candy fannies!
I wish I was a 710 member right now in this moment because this is a time to stand up and these issues are worth fighting for.
For those that don't know the work rules are under attack.
If the members take this lying down then the as no good as the agent (Eddie Bradsaw) I myself would be down in that union hall and screaming for representation Eddie has turned out to be a pus and somebody needs to help him find his balls again!
710 members are at a crossroad and I HOPE AND PRAY that they can stand together and fight but Unfortunately I think the members of 710 so caught up with greed that they forgot how to be a union men. Either way this is a fight that will be faught the hard part that they will have is fighting the company and the union good luck to my brothers and sisters of 710.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen brother. It's the same all over. The union is done at this company. Absolutely no representaion from the ibt and local level . It's everyone for themselves and its will be that way till we close up. When you have greivances at the international level for 2 years. And a complete abuse of the last mou and the union won't even hear the grievances. Sad ending for the master freight agreement that once had 500,000 strong real union men in it.

I still hold some faith that the guys will find there balls and stand up and fight management and the hall and not except the s@## .

It is hard to fight a battle when you have a B A that will not stand up for even the smallest infractions and instead sits with the tm and drinks coffee. We are then lost because the hall lets him get away with this behavior,and refuses to answer any questions about it. You can damn well bet that they'll be looking for a bonus at the end of the year. When was the last time anyone saw our BA at 309 after 10 am? If you work the pm shifts you would be hard pressed to pick him out of a 1 man line up. When you have stewards throw up their hands and say they are not getting support from the hall, what does that tell you? If you call the hall they say say they never heard about this.:nono_h4h:

the only thing lacking at 309 is the 1 man that will start the fight. when you have about 100 to 150 men show up at the union hall and demand representation then you will start seeing things happen. I have heard rumors that the old agent charlie might be at the next union meeting what's a crowd of 150 men I would demand a change in agents and would ask charlie to come out of retirement. I think pat Flynn and his band of yes men would be a little bit surprised and intimidated 150 guys showed upwith their fists clenched. always remember hey stewart is only as good as the rank and file and in agent is only as good as the stewarts andy executive board is only as good as the agents but it all starts with 1 and that's you !

I have called the international 5 times in 2 years and left 5 different people messages and never heard a word from any if them.. with brother Walt ly. Gone it was over for us. They have wiped their hands of frieght and its members. We are a burden to them and they don't want to spend any time on our problems after the give backs.

Dumphoffa.org

I would like to know if i can change my screen name or at least remove the "710" from it ? Its embarrassing.

tutone710 said:
I would like to know if i can change my screen name or at least remove the "710" from it ? Its embarrassing.

I believe it to be the other way Tutone 710 it is time for the rank and file to shine and to take back their local. pat has surround with spineless yes men like eddie and it's time to show them who really runs that local the rank and file

Dumphoffa.org

I believe it to be the other way Tutone 710 it is time for the rank and file to shine and to take back their local. pat has surround with spineless yes men like eddie and it's time to show them who really runs that local the rank and file

Good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you.

tutone710 said:
Good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you.

I guess you're the type to let everyone else fight your battles or is it your a lover not a fighter. either way I guess the fight does not start with you

Its up to us make the changes necessary to make our union.stronger.if you realistically like what has been going on.then vote the status quo.if not then vote for the lesser of the two evils

Dumphoffa.org

I guess you're the type to let everyone else fight your battles or is it your a lover not a fighter. either way I guess the fight does not start with you

That's a good a good idea to storm the hall but here is another one bring bail money dawes and flynn will have you locked up with the quickness and banned from ever showing your face at the hall again any time soon. I think team486 is right on the money.

Tutone I will never understand you have "cell block 309" in your name complaining about your working conditions but you don't want to fight for them. There is away to fight without throwing a punch but "fist clenched" meant at the ready and not afraid to use them.

Dumphoffa.org

Tutone I will never understand you have "cell block 309" in your name complaining about your working conditions but you don't want to fight for them. There is away to fight without throwing a punch but "fist clenched" meant at the ready and not afraid to use them.

Go for it pain in the *** , let me know when you have 50 or 100 guys with pitchforks in hand, and what time we meet at the hall and im there.

Honestly, all you can really do now is to try and vote the trash out but with the way these stank locals have setup their by-laws its become a job for life.
As far as the fight or throwing a fist, not in a dozen lifetimes for these scoundrels they call members. In the last 15 or so years 80% will stab you in the back for an extra 10 minutes of overtime, blow you into the bozzman to try to get you fired, complain to the steward about a wrong and then go in behind your back and make a deal on their own, buy lunch for the dispatcher for a better trip, screw that 80% and even thinking of going out on a limb for them.
I am so freaking glad to be out of that rat race! I just feel bad for the 20% that try to do it the rightway, its just a losing battle, especially with the lack of any leadership.

PS: 80% may be a "bit" high but the a$$kissers make things so much worse for everyone else!

Stump is our best steward, Chuck earned his retirement, so leave him alone. Dawson is management, and with the last shake up, do you really think any thing good for us will come from him.

Same at my barn. Senior guys gone. Junior members are complainers AND scared. They refuse to file a grievance. I told those who will listen, bury them in paperwork. Every time management violates the contract, file a grievance! If stewards and business agents refuse to get involved, talk to some one higher in command and complain. WE ONLY HAVE POWER IN NUMBERS! Period. The merger of Yellow/Roadway was planned long ago. Our 15% wage cut is funding all those discipline letters, damage claims, non production, "random" drug tests, etc. The longer we Teamsters fight/bicker amongst ourselves, the stronger management becomes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, all you can really do now is to try and vote the trash out but with the way these stank locals have setup their by-laws its become a job for life.
As far as the fight or throwing a fist, not in a dozen lifetimes for these scoundrels they call members. In the last 15 or so years 80% will stab you in the back for an extra 10 minutes of overtime, blow you into the bozzman to try to get you fired, complain to the steward about a wrong and then go in behind your back and make a deal on their own, buy lunch for the dispatcher for a better trip, screw that 80% and even thinking of going out on a limb for them.
I am so freaking glad to be out of that rat race! I just feel bad for the 20% that try to do it the rightway, its just a losing battle, especially with the lack of any leadership.

PS: 80% may be a "bit" high but the a$$kissers make things so much worse for everyone else!

Hmm did you ever consider that the 20% minority were the ones doing it wrong?:popcorn: