Yellow | Is 710 members afraid to fight?

All you had to do was ask me to change it back !

Who are you to change anything r-14. Did you ever think that " IS" was there for a purpose?
Super moderator or not I don't think that you should just change anything expescially after two month after the thread has started. I guess your statement is that you have taken sides on this issue, I assume you and Eddie Bradshaw are friends but you should remain nonbiased in these issues. I should have been asked if it was ok to change. I would like to know what else have you changed can you change someone's comments too?KKid didn't seem to have a problem with this or maybe I went over the line if I corrected your buddy's name "fr8holer" is that better or maybe Al got mad either way r-78 I will be bring this up to jim and Jeff also Im sure I'll be doing it with e-mail because you will most likely suspend me now... I don't mind you to moderate but don't dictate

albag said:
English grammar 101. Is you an idiot?, no. Are you an idiot?, yes.

I didn't claim to be great at English heck I'm just happy to get it right once in awhile. But I am considerate, civil and most of all respectful. I should have been asked to change IS to ARE. I don't really get the big deal, with what's being discussed in the thread I'm thinking Al and fr8 and r14 is ( or ARE ) trying to change the thought process of the thread. What's really sad to me is that the thread is as old as it is then all of a sudden something wakes you guys up and you have a comment, not on the issues but the spelling. I guess the thought here is that you are not afraid to fight until you don't like the spelling or grammar. If you would like to discuss spelling or grammar more please feel free to start a new thread with that in the subject line anymore on this issue would be childish.....thank you for changing it back r14 if you would like to change anything else I have written feel free to ask

Can you not feel your tail being twisted? Is would be grammatically correct if members were changed to membership. As far as the leadership of 710 I support Pat Flynn. I realize the need for dissent and respect those who do. Also I'm quite sure fear is not relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
>hey Albag if your such a big fan of Pat Flynn you would remember this then.

> Chicago's top union boss was paid $630,000
>
> March 7, 2004
>
> BY ROBERT C. HERGUTH AND CHRIS FUSCO Staff Reporters Advertisement
>
> A truck driver or warehouseman represented by Teamsters Local 710 -- with a few years under the belt and some overtime -- might pull in $52,000 a year.
>
> Before he retired Dec. 31, longtime Local 710 boss Frank Wsol also was, on average, making $52,000 -- a month.
>
> Wsol's $630,000-a-year salary was the highest of any Teamsters officer in the country, even James P. Hoffa, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters chieftain. He also appeared to be the highest-paid labor leader in the Chicago area, though six-figure salaries are common for top union officials here, according to a Chicago Sun-Times analysis of the most recent U.S. Labor Department wage data and interviews.
>
>
> After Wsol's departure, some officers in Teamsters Local 710 have taken salary cuts as part of a new salary cap tied to Hoffa's salary, said the local's new chief, Patrick Flynn. The large salaries last year helped contribute to a financial crunch at Local 710.
>
> "We ran $250,000 in the red last year," said Flynn, who represents 14,000 UPS workers and truck drivers, among other types of jobs. "We've made a commitment to our membership that that's not going to happen this year."

why cause you got a25 dollar gift card atthe hall sad that 100 people roughly show up but when theres a free hand out people come out of the wood work sad ............ most teamsters are measters , thats why 18 percent voted in ibt cause they dont care about nmfa work rules or actually city dock yard guys actually working 8 hous lol some lucky if they worked 4 or 5 most teamsters dontnow what fair days pay for fair work means .........thats whats wrong and overpaid unioun officals giving family members job unioun needs an overhaul and flush most members out the door and get real workers in here and get rid of unioun officals local and ibt but when 82 percent are measters lazy not involved dont care all about money money ....when the doors close at the last ltl companies you have to get a real job and work youll get fired the first week ..... no morals , no ethics no pride just lust of money at any cost and laugh about getting away with screwing off

My2cents what is your point? All I see here is complaints. If alternative candidates run for executive postitions, they will have to convince me that their vision of the future is not to simply take Pat's salary and put in their pocket! One other point; the salaries are proposed and then ratified by a vote of the members. The meetings when this is on the agenda are well publicized, failure to attend and express your opinion is YOUR fault.

yea i never saw anything posted at terminal saying hey come to the hall where voting on pay raises lol isnt hard to get raises when your beer drinking buddies or people that get favors to get a voted pay raise lol when 1 percent of members show up to the hall except when they give away freebies so maybe members should go and say vote on a pay give back of 15 percent for starters so albag what favors do you get or kickbacks lol there not worth more then then highest paid worker like some uniouns have for there Ba 's etc nepotism and the good old boy network is one of many problems with this union and D>C and corporate world

I did believe in 710,supported them for years!! After the leadership forced the dock and office to vote for the givebacks a third time is what did me in. They did not get their way so they took their ball and went home. The members can't even get a favorable ruling at the committe!!! We have lost Grievance after Grievance at the local level on things we won over and over in the past. What has changed???? I totally understand why the frieght members are frustrated. You don't have to be the head cashier at WalMart to figure it out! Maybe ALBAG should try working at 309 maybe he would get it??????
Remember its the power of the people!!!! Wake up America!!!!!!!!!!

I started in this industry working as a 705 casual with Trans Personell at Roadway. And I have been a road driver at Chicago Heights for the last 23 years.
FYI I started driving concrete mixers in 1976.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why change will never occur in 710. It took 1 Flynn supporter to get you fighting among yourselves. P Flynn & J Dawes took over $750,000 in compensation from the Union this year. Dawes is an adviser! I have never been in a local where executive position salaries were voted on. If they are voted on in 710, show up and make a proposal that defines their salary! Bring enough friends to approve the proposal! You can either come together or continue to put up with the BS. Look it up! Both Dawes and Flynn take in more than $350,000 a year between the International, Joint Council and YOUR LOCAL!

Sorry it should be paininda!!! I don't want to upset albag!!! LOL!!!!!! There is NO WAY that ANYONE that works here at the STALAG can't see whats going on!!!
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!

I started in this industry working as a 705 casual with Trans Personell at Roadway. And I have been a road driver at Chicago Heights for the last 23 years.
FYI I started driving concrete mixers in 1976.
Your medal is in the mail, shall I suggest where you should pin it?