Yellow | Is 710 members afraid to fight?

This is why change will never occur in 710. It took 1 Flynn supporter to get you fighting among yourselves. P Flynn & J Dawes took over $750,000 in compensation from the Union this year. Dawes is an adviser! I have never been in a local where executive position salaries were voted on. If they are voted on in 710, show up and make a proposal that defines their salary! Bring enough friends to approve the proposal! You can either come together or continue to put up with the BS. Look it up! Both Dawes and Flynn take in more than $350,000 a year between the International, Joint Council and YOUR LOCAL!

Your simplification has your figures grossly underestimated. Look at this.

http://www.tdu.org/files/120000-report-2011.pdf

What happened to the resolution that the Executives at 710 would never make more than the General President?

Guess that went out the window with not having to run for office a third time.

15% givebacks gives them the idea that a 15% raise is in order for them?

bigtruk_us said:
Someone ought to put an end to this endless senseless thread.

What's the matter bigtruk it is obvious that either you can't read or your one of those that are afraid

bigtruk_us said:
Nothing wrong with me.I can read.

Then you are afraid? Or do you choose to put your head in the sand and let the insanity continue. If you have been reading this thread how can you make that statement?

Its a shame what our leadership has put us in.or lack thereof.I understand the low voter turnout in this last election.apathy galore.we take paycuts and the administration tells us how bad things are.then turn around and they get a raise.

For those that don't know the work rules are under attack.
Could you be more specific? I mean the new work rules are in place now.. Are you disputing the new work rules? We always had a steward who could handle issues like this. If they are violating rules but the steward or BA can't resolve it then there is a problem..just curious

tutone710 said:
So much at stake, so what have you done to change anything ? Please keep us updated on your progress.

I have been hear raising awareness, what have you done for your union and fellow brother?

I think that the change is starting. There has quite a few things talked about on this thread. The thing is that WE have to inform the membership! The more I talk about these things around the job,the more interset it sparks. Lets keep getting the CORRECT information out. That will bring about change for the better.

Mikey, That was a campaign statment (ruse) made by Pat Flynn. We all cheered however it was under false pretense, The IBofT Constitution dictates that no Officer that is also an Executive Board Officer can make more than the General President. So when Pat resigned from the IBofT it allowed hin to take the raises.

I say again. Are you disputing the new work rules?
vulcan.gif

That is excatly why we need to all stick together. We will not always agree on everything.However we need to listen to each other and work together for positive change. This is our Teamsters Union!!! We need not to forget that!! Information is key!!