ABF | Is Abf Non-union in Canada?

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
ABF Canada is non-union,in Ontario I know for sure,don't know about out west. They use a company called Freeway Transportation. The trucks they use are green with the ABF logo but say Freeway Transportation on the doors under the ABF logo. I was told only the managers up their work for ABF,the drivers and dockworkers are non-union Freeway employees. Drivers from the Toronto terminal go to Buffalo Ny every night to swap sets,but the Teamster workers in Buffalo are not allowed to touch the Canadian tractors.since ABF does not really own the truck. Sorry if this is old news but I find it interesting.

ABF Canada is non-union,in Ontario I know for sure,don't know about out west. They use a company called Freeway Transportation. The trucks they use are green with the ABF logo but say Freeway Transportation on the doors under the ABF logo. I was told only the managers up their work for ABF,the drivers and dockworkers are non-union Freeway employees. Drivers from the Toronto terminal go to Buffalo Ny every night to swap sets,but the Teamster workers in Buffalo are not allowed to touch the Canadian tractors.since ABF does not really own the truck. Sorry if this is old news but I find it interesting.
It sounds like "agents" so I would say ABF is not "non union" ???

Thats odd. I believe at CGB once a non-union truck enters the yard at Yellow's CGB, the driver has to park it and our hostlers take it from there.

What happens in Bufalo is the Canadian driver pulls into the yard he is not allowed to unhook or hook his trailers. He stays in his cab while the yardman pulls the lines and pin,and rolls down the landing gear. He then tells the driver what set to back under and then hooks his lines and rolls up the legs. Yardman can not drive the tractor, and the Canadian drivers can not hook or unhook trailers. And yes the guy driving the truck which appears to be a ABF rig is NON-UNION! The Canadian drivers do not work for ABF they are employees of Freeway Transportation.

Maybe the thread title should have been....ABF Uses non Union Canadian Carrier.....but not ABF Is non Union.

I wrote that to catch people's attention,to get the thread going. Sorry no harm meant,anybody in the freight business knows ABF is a top notch carrier that uses
Teamster labor in the USA.

I asked one of the dispatchers about this at Dayton and he said as far as he knew we were total union workers in Canada. He also said he would check and make sure for me to check back with him later this week and he would have a definitive answer for me.

cityman don't be sorry for how you titled something, everybody knows abf is union that works in this bussiness, some people just worship the union to much, and take things to hard

I wrote that to catch people's attention,to get the thread going. Sorry no harm meant,anybody in the freight business knows ABF is a top notch carrier that uses
Teamster labor in the USA.
Cityman,
No need to apologize. I just wasn't sure what your angle was....no problem.

cityman don't be sorry for how you titled something, everybody knows abf is union that works in this bussiness, some people just worship the union to much, and take things to hard
Wrigley,
I don't know about 'worshiping' the Teamsters....and I don't take things too hard....but I am a proud Teamster and have been for almost 25 years.....aren't you a proud Teamster?

Wrigley,
I don't know about 'worshiping' the Teamsters....and I don't take things too hard....but I am a proud Teamster and have been for almost 25 years.....aren't you a proud Teamster?

what proud to be one of the last union companys out there :hysterical: :hysterical:actually i had good friends part of the union (brothers) company left no job what did the union do they couldnt yep i would bee proud to be a teamster when ive seen good people lose thier job because of greed or unions same thing to me sorry just my opinion