Central Transport | Is all the Vitran customers staying with ct in your area

My terminal has lost customers daily . The third party billing is to hard for the dolphin to comprehend. My customer shipped 4 to 5 shipments a day and when he got all the freight bills the following week he just about s$%^. His customers were fuming and he apologetically told me after picking him up 3 to 4 times a week that he was going to R&L. We had at Vijax about 10 trl switches daily. Only one remains. Was told by the tm of ct that Matty doesnt like to spot trailers, and left it at that. All the other carriers are getting fat on our(v) freight and ct is just throwing it away. Sorry that you are leaving train, I know myself I am just waiting for the right opportunity. Told you Hartman was a prince.As far as unemployment here the story is that he walked off the job. Sure there is work he just didnt want to do it is the quote to unemployment bureau. Mattty just breaks you so you quit. Just a shame all the good work we had as Vitran and then picked up the medical and others when we merged with Pjax are just about gone. Out of all the freight Ct will be lucky to hold on to 20%. That means 80% of all our work walked away in less than 30 days. When some of the customers ask me when this is expected to be delivered I shrug my shoulders and say we are F&^%$# up trucking company. If is important call some one else.

c.t. does'nt want the liftgate, 3rd party, ect...he wanted gm and the rest can go bye bye. he's cherry picking what he wants and throwing out the rest. he got his real estate, equipment and gm.

Detroit terminal is empty and the last of the Vitran trailers were removed from the property today by 3 former dedicated Vitran drivers. Hopefully, Pitt Ohio or Dayton Freight will move in soon, so that the rest of us can jump back home.

Detroit terminal is empty and the last of the Vitran trailers were removed from the property today by 3 former dedicated Vitran drivers. Hopefully, Pitt Ohio or Dayton Freight will move in soon, so that the rest of us can jump back home.

It can't happen soon enough.

Pictures like this illustrate how we all feel.... Empty.

What was, even as dysfunctional as it was, is over, done, gone,

^^^^THIS^^^^^ is what too many Vitran drivers DON'T understand! I keep hearing (less and less LOL!) "I'm just trying to keep my job."
Dude... Your job is- gone.

not a bad deal for 2 million.
That was only the common stock...With all the debt that had to have a zero balance after 90 days of the purchase the total cost was around 75-100 million according to my sources....Which is still chump change to this guy.

2 mil + paying $26 mil debt + operational loss of keeping vitran open while merging + liabilities (lawsuits) still pending, then re-labeling equipment and if they re-paint them.

2 mil + paying $26 mil debt + operational loss of keeping vitran open while merging + liabilities (lawsuits) still pending, then re-labeling equipment and if they re-paint them.

AND the cost of hiring new drivers and dock workers as the Vitran employees jump ship. :-P

It will be at least 100 million before it's over with H.E. Those French Canadians aren't stupid and before this is over with this family will probably wonder if they made the right decision. Even Billionaires screw up from time to time....And I think this was one of those times...The losses far outweigh the gains at this point. One of the big upsides was they thought they could keep most of the good LTL men, but in reality most jumped ship...The property and equipment could have been purchased separately and with a lot less fall out...Sometimes justice does prevail.

i won't be around to see it, i too am jumping ship. good luck to the remaining old vitran drivers and also the c.t. drivers, may they have a better 2014.

i won't be around to see it, i too am jumping ship. good luck to the remaining old vitran drivers and also the c.t. drivers, may they have a better 2014.
Yes....H.E. I always like it when at the holiday season we think of others more than we do ourselves....To the ones that remain.....I truly wish them the best.

That was only the common stock...With all the debt that had to have a zero balance after 90 days of the purchase the total cost was around 75-100 million according to my sources....Which is still chump change to this guy.

pretty sad when you figure Vitran bought Pjax for approx 150 million just 7 years ago, and pjax was about half the size of the vitran he purchased

c.t. does'nt want the liftgate, 3rd party, ect...he wanted gm and the rest can go bye bye. he's cherry picking what he wants and throwing out the rest. he got his real estate, equipment and gm.

Not wanting third party is a profit killer. I work at FedEx Freight and 60% of our freight is third party. I guess in this instance he can cherry pick like you say.

If the reported purchase price is true, I wonder how much real estate is actually included in the sale? How many treminals did Vitran actually own? CT may very well assume lots of leases, but actual property purchases are more than likely very few.

This is happening where we are too. My husband ran into a guy who was called in after sitting home for two weeks. It doesn't seem as if anyone is working a full five days per week. They seem to want to keep everyone though. They haven't done layoffs. I don't think they are purposely trying to push people out. There's a lot of confusion going on right now. I could tell some crazy stories about how disorganized it is. If I did, people would understand instantly that this isn't being done to us on purpose. I never expected CT to be able to do this smoothly. I've been through corporate merges from the management side, and I know they're not easy. We're trying to patiently wait until they get it all figured out.
Tell him to apply at ABF, we can't get anyone. All locations seem to be hiring, the vacation & the 7% pay cut sucks but it's not a bad place to work...

So, my 1st stop is to a former Vitran customer, I walk in their door and the customer says to me "didn't you come in here 2 month's ago working for Central". I told him yes and before that I came in for Vitran. Laughing out loud, I asked if Central still made delv and pics, he said no way, too much damage. You guys are a lot better. Been hearing this a lot lately.

WOW, I remember that dock when Jack Parish was the manager