Yellow | Is Amazon a YRC customer?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I didn't know what effect all of these new Amazon warehouses has on business. They are building one where I live in OKC that is right across the street from the YRC yard. Maybe that is why they are moving 10 mechanics to OKC to work on all the trailers? Could Amazon be the reason for the COO and all the new DCs too? There were stories that Amazon wanted to own the transportation so they could be all Amazon. I wonder how true that is? Bezos keeps getting richer they say.

I didn't know what effect all of these new Amazon warehouses has on business. They are building one where I live in OKC that is right across the street from the YRC yard. Maybe that is why they are moving 10 mechanics to OKC to work on all the trailers? Could Amazon be the reason for the COO and all the new DCs too? There were stories that Amazon wanted to own the transportation so they could be all Amazon. I wonder how true that is? Bezos keeps getting richer they say.
Bezos is not successful from making poor business decisions...

YES ,Amazon is a new crap account and yes it's "only my opinion" that yes some of the COO has to do with dealing with Amazon stuff !

Going to Amazon.
Amazon to UPS.
Let UPS make the deliveries and run around like chickens with their heads off.
Duh....
:101:

Most Teamsters in LTL wouldn't last at UPS. Then again no Teamsters in LTL make the kind of money Teamsters at UPS make. Do you come to work to do as little as possible or to make as much as possible? Your choice.

I go to work and do what is expected of me. I'm not screwing off. But I see it all the time. Let's not even go there. Please.
What I was bringing up is that ups will have to deliver all the small packages. We just don't do the small package thing. Barely do what we are supposed to. Lol.

Amazon freight sucks and I expect that is low margin freight on top of it. Umpteen calls until you get ahold of the customer. You would think that since they ordered the stuff that they would return more calls to schedule the delivery. Then you can stash it in one of the hundreds of empty trailers that you have laying around just for that purpose until it's time to deliver it. Then, majority of the time it's, "Have e-mail, leave on front porch, back porch or out the back 40". They don't want to carry their garbage up the steps onto the porch and into the house but it's OK for you to break your back doing it for them, over and over and over again.

I go to work and do what is expected of me. I'm not screwing off. But I see it all the time. Let's not even go there. Please.
What I was bringing up is that ups will have to deliver all the small packages. We just don't do the small package thing. Barely do what we are supposed to. Lol.

Just to be clear MC, when I referred to "you" in my post I meant it in a general sense, not at you personally.

I don't think that you or yrc will be doing amazon home delivery. .... amazon is delivered by the post office. Just like fedex smartpost and ups surepost. I'm not exactly sure what you are hauling. ...but if I were to guess it would be volume products to the warehouse. The only reason I'm sure of this is I use to haul amazon small package. ... it would go to a cartage company and they would take it to the post office.

I don't think that you or yrc will be doing amazon home delivery. .... amazon is delivered by the post office. Just like fedex smartpost and ups surepost.
A lot of their stuff is too big, or has a battery on it and can't go through the Post Office.

I don't think that you or yrc will be doing amazon home delivery. .... amazon is delivered by the post office. Just like fedex smartpost and ups surepost. I'm not exactly sure what you are hauling. ...but if I were to guess it would be volume products to the warehouse. The only reason I'm sure of this is I use to haul amazon small package. ... it would go to a cartage company and they would take it to the post office.

aq2y6Rj.jpg

Amazon freight sucks and I expect that is low margin freight on top of it. Umpteen calls until you get ahold of the customer. You would think that since they ordered the stuff that they would return more calls to schedule the delivery. Then you can stash it in one of the hundreds of empty trailers that you have laying around just for that purpose until it's time to deliver it. Then, majority of the time it's, "Have e-mail, leave on front porch, back porch or out the back 40". They don't want to carry their garbage up the steps onto the porch and into the house but it's OK for you to break your back doing it for them, over and over and over again.
Skill and will. Do you unpackage and set up for the customer like a good robot too? Above and beyond over and out

A lot of their stuff is too big, or has a battery on it and can't go through the Post Office.
Yes batteries have been delivered through the post office and I have seen the big rubber car bumpers. ..golf cart body parts. ...a whole lot of odd size crap. ....and I mean crap.

Not exactly true about batteries. Common batteries (dry cells, AA, C, D, etc.) are not considered hazardous material and can generally be shipped with no restrictions. Lithium batteries have restrictions on size, configuration and package markings but can also be shipped under certain circumstances..