Is America finally standing up to corporate america?

the problem i am seeing is, the potential for another round of lay off's if the economy faulter's again. not too many people would like to start a job today, only to be fired by the end of the month.

given that any truck maker takes orders for new vehicles is not a guarantee of work to not only come, but to be steady.

all it takes is one BIG recall, then sales will plummet.

now for so many to fail a drug test, may not surprise me at all...

not showing up for an interview does surprise me, but if most of those are on welfare/unemployment and that gravy train is going for a long ride, some think, why not take it all now, and worry about finding a job later..???

as far as the background check failures, that does not surprise me either.

i think freightliner will find what they need sooner or later, and if not, then i'm almost certain that both shifts hours will be extended, making for over time.

at least that way, when things tank again, there won't be so many workers getting fired off.

for the former employee's that got canned, and do not want to return.....

maybe some of the reason's, i have already mentioned, were thought of, in thier decisions.

It is a fact that the economy drives our jobs. But every business in corporate america has cut their workforce. Mostly by holding workers hours to a minimun to avoid paying for stuff like insurance or 401k, simply as a means to promote a higher profit. Noting that a huge number of the companies are not hurting or suffering from the economy, they still follow the "corporate way" of increasing their "margin of profit". While profit is what keeps the company going, it is ultimately the workers who who put the company on the map. It appears that Daimler has lost the respect of the locals as they see no need in leaving a job they feel as secure, just to go to work with a company known to value their profits (that will falter due to unhappy employees) over their workers.

corporate downsizing is rampant..to increase the CEO's and other "alphabet soup" members of the board.

which is why what used to be a full pound of coffee, is now about 11 ounces, yet still priced "nearly" as high as a full pound.

many people (at least i know my entire family), go grocery shopping at smaller chain markets, and discount markets.

coffee is basically coffee, eggs are basically eggs...

why would i spend nearly $3.00 for a dozen eggs, at the big markets, when in fact, just minutes ago, i came back from a smaller market chain, where the eggs were at $1.29 a dozen.

i bought 3 boxes of frozen waffles, for $1.69 a box, over the $4 at the big stores....

now however, i still DO shop at the big markets, but i look for "buy one, get one free" , or the "2 for $5.00 sales"...

everyone, no matter the income taken in, needs to be cost conscience, as to NOT PAD the pockets of the "alphabet soup" corporate execs...

i say......in due time......they may be eating peanut-butter jelly samwiches as well..........(well it would be nice to see that..huh..???)