Averitt | Is Averitt still in the south or have they moved north some?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,

I haven't seen much of Averitt lately, but for a time I used to work at a Welding Shop and I swear and I could be wrong, but I swore Averitt would come to our welding shop on behalf of a certain customer we had and pick up small LTL shipments, this is in Cleveland, Ohio which isn't really Averitts, territory either.

I see Averitt truck load pulling trailers that say Cracker Barrel on them and I think Averitt even has a terminal in Cincinnati, Ohio I don't know though if that's a truck load terminal or an LTL terminal, but I swore for a time Averitt used to run LTL trucks up here in Cleveland, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Also didn't back in the day Averitt and Preston have a partnership, of some kind, kind of like how the smaller LTL's all stick together and interchange with each other to get stuff across the country?

Averitt's CIN terminal is an LTL Terminal. Cracker Barrel is one of our dedicated TL accounts. We don't have an LTL terminal in CLE but TL goes in and out of there.

We once had an LTL center in Cleveland, but not any more. Yes we once interlined with Preston before they went under. Now we are member of the nationwide International Trucking & Freight: Cross Border: USA & Canada: Reliance

I swore I used to see Averitt LTL trucks up here and one even came to our loading dock it was an Averitt truck. So I was right, yeah haven't seen your LTL trucks up here in a while. Pitt-Ohio, R&L, Conway, UPS, Saia, NEMF, Ward, Dayton Freight, A Duie Pyle all have terminals here, it seems there pleanty of LTL carries to choose from. USF Holland also and the great Central Transport and all it's spin off companies can all be seen here in Cleveland.

Averitt has a pretty decent terminal here in Dallas-fort worth.

It is the largest terminal in the system. The yard is rather cramped as they store stacks and stacks of PODS plus Parkway Trucks and trailers. They are now parking trailers on the only piece of unpaved yard left and this has caused the place to become muddy and dusty.

As for the LTL trucks not being seen, the TL and the Dedicated look the same as the LTL. The difference is in the numbering of the equipment.

Also need to add a photo here of what happened last year when a driver failed to set his brakes after going out past the guard. Kaboom!