Central Transport | Is C.T. doing any hiring?

Is Central hiring L.H. drivers in Columbus,Oh.? If so, hows the pay and bennies?

You will be guaranteed the check will eventually cash once you take it to the bank. You will not be able to verify your pay is correct unless you do the math. Count on being shorted on every check. Very few physicians will recognize your insurance, if they ever give you a card to use. The prescription coverage is not too bad, tried it with low co-pay. Depending on the area, your equipment may be able to get you through your day without any problems. I could go on, but the list of problems with this company never ends. Just say'n...

Dude don't bother .....300 Miles pays 120.00 break it down .40c a mile if your a x con or your license has 6 points on it or you recently got a dui then go for it that's the people they hire ! Good luck to ya bro

Is Central hiring L.H. drivers in Columbus,Oh.? If so, hows the pay and bennies?

They hire almost nonstop, reason revolving door of employees, benefits better than nothing but not by much, equipment sub standard and not well maintained, ALL drivers are combo dock and drive.

If your looking for real advice you will not get none from these ***** ****** on here all are x vitran drivers who couldn't hold a stick to the central drivers and they are a tad bit upset, because they feel lied too, and don't have the run of the chicken coupe any more and had to eat central driver excrement .... the first thing a looser does is criticize, and put down and bad mouth , ridicule and just plain call names to what they cant beat.... everyone on here from Vitran all had hissy fits and quit, got they're dumb self's fired , only thing they know is that they are angry, but since the topic was (ct hiring) most likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I kinda figured that. A lot of people are afraid of change, They need to wait it out a while b4 they start jumping ship and slinging mud. Its going to take a while for CT to get their stuff together. Im sure the people running the show are a little nervous too in trying to deal with the change.

Here's an idea. Get hired at Central. Work there for one full year. Come back here in a year and tell us how great it is and how happy you are. Tell us what great advice you got from Ct42long. (Dude, there's a reason 25 drivers (at a single terminal!) gave up their jobs and their seniority to be the "low man on the pole" at other companies. ....Be smart. Do your research.)

Here's an idea. Get hired at Central. Work there for one full year. Come back here in a year and tell us how great it is and how happy you are. Tell us what great advice you got from Ct42long. (Dude, there's a reason 25 drivers (at a single terminal!) gave up their jobs and their seniority to be the "low man on the pole" at other companies. ....Be smart. Do your research.)
I equate CT42 as a man that believes he's protecting his family.....Like I would fight tooth and nail with anyone that attacked my son or daughter (whether they were right or wrong) because that's my family....He is misguided in the belief that this company is his family in my opinion. He is nothing more than an expendable commodity and someday he may learn that he is nothing more than a cog in the wheel.

I equate CT42 as a man that believes he's protecting his family.....Like I would fight tooth and nail with anyone that attacked my son or daughter (whether they were right or wrong) because that's my family....He is misguided in the belief that this company is his family in my opinion. He is nothing more than an expendable commodity and someday he may learn that he is nothing more than a cog in the wheel.[/QUOTE

I haven't been on this site for more than a few months but I've never seen a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ comment from a Vitran brother. There is no excuse for his comment. Please don't give him an excuse. It wasn't just "white racists" that got hurt, it was my black brothers as well. By the way, if ct42long wants to scream "racism", he might want to scream it at the "white" owner of his company that pays him crap wages and provides horrible benefits. Ct42long- keep your stupid "racism" comments off this board and give your fellow drivers the respect and dignity they've earned. I'll not tolerate racism from anyone, regardless of their color. White, black, or in-between... be professional.

I equate CT42 as a man that believes he's protecting his family.....Like I would fight tooth and nail with anyone that attacked my son or daughter (whether they were right or wrong) because that's my family....He is misguided in the belief that this company is his family in my opinion. He is nothing more than an expendable commodity and someday he may learn that he is nothing more than a cog in the wheel.[/QUOTE

I haven't been on this site for more than a few months but I've never seen a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ comment from a Vitran brother. There is no excuse for his comment. Please don't give him an excuse. It wasn't just "white racists" that got hurt, it was my black brothers as well. By the way, if ct42long wants to scream "racism", he might want to scream it at the "white" owner of his company that pays him crap wages and provides horrible benefits. Ct42long- keep your stupid "racism" comments off this board and give your fellow drivers the respect and dignity they've earned. I'll not tolerate racism from anyone, regardless of their color. White, black, or in-between... be professional.
Neither will I and I get so sick of having to edit stupid comments regarding race. Why do people have to put a label on things? How about we are all human beings on this planet earth and we are one. I would like to think if I was in a fox hole in a war with my brother in a fight for my life he would have my back regardless of my color....Some times I wonder with some of the stupid comments.

It isn't just Central, but 'Matty's" other big barn Ford ODC in Romulus. I pick up auto freight there for KC Trans., and it is a complete mess. What I heard is that two weeks ago 2nd shift wanted to go out to their cars to warm up. Management said, "no!" They walked off the job. My guess they didn't quit, but got fired. It put them so far behind they had Penske Logistic people in there trying to organize, and get things back up to speed (they're still way behind). They have a lot of expedite drivers trying to pick up loads. One guy told me he was waiting 12 hours for a load. Flat Rock Assembly was shutting line down because parts aren't getting there fast enough. No where to drop trailers, and so they're just dropping them every where. I had to actually move one of two trailers dropped in front of trailer I had to pull out of a door. A Pro Logistics driver who told me it is the worst he ever seen it in all the years he has been working there. All of Matty's companies are badly run. Not just CT.

I equate CT42 as a man that believes he's protecting his family.....Like I would fight tooth and nail with anyone that attacked my son or daughter (whether they were right or wrong) because that's my family....He is misguided in the belief that this company is his family in my opinion. He is nothing more than an expendable commodity and someday he may learn that he is nothing more than a cog in the wheel.

Unless ct42long is Manny or Mathew Moroun.

LOL!! I rather doubt it. At least those two keep a company together (...even if it is the single worst ltl company out there). I wouldn't give ct42long that much credit. Just my humble opinion of course. ;-)
Humility like patience is a virtue.....Good man!!!