XPO | Is Conway a good company to work for?

I for one will never go work for FedEx, there are too many *******s that I have worked with over there years there, plus the local TM there is a complete IDIOT! if you aint a bible person he wont even consider you for a position no matter your background. Conway is not the perfect company, no company is. It is all up to how much **** can one put up with before that person snaps and say I have had enough. I think a alot of people that work here forget where they came from, that crap job that only paid them 13 an hour and had to work 60 hours a week just to get by.

I remember when i started here, i was three weeks out of the military and still on a high. Could get me to do anything. I would run around across NYC, trying to make pickups and make the dispatcher happy. On line, Id dispatch before I hooked my set just to keep our on time departure numbers up to name a few. Why? because in the marines it was all about getting the job done. An 18 yr vet of the company, said slow down youngin'. Now I come to work, to work safely. I will not go out of my way to please any FOS anymore. Doing things by the numbers now. Im around 8 mm/hr average and thats about where its gonna stay. No more racing across the dock and breaking a 35 bill van in about an hr. No sir, them days are gone. You'll get 99 attaboys here and one slip up will get ya canned.

pulling doubles aint no different than pulling a long box..just keep checking your mirrors to make sure that second trailer is still back there..

doubles can turn a lot sharper than a straight 48 or 53 footer just dont get anywhere you have to back up with joints

i started my 29th year here at conway in november went through alot of changes over the years what you have to do if your just coming on is answer the phone when they call you and do anything they want you to do while your working it probably is not the best job in the industry but it aint bad

I think another big problem is they put such high goals on the fos bosses that they feel alot of the pressure...alot (most of them) are underpaid..they are all on salery...then they see the top drivers earning $75000 to $100000 a year....all the while thinking they are the backbone of the company and that stupid driver makes all that money....they were lied to when they were told they need to figure that 14% ICP into youre salary..14% of nothing is still nothing...and it ticks them off..,.makes them miserable and in turn they take it out on the drivers....now all of you seeing that $ figure and think I should be working there...its only a select few...it takes 5 and a half yrs to get to top scale...and it involves 12 to 14 hr a day work days....

I for one will never go work for FedEx, there are too many *******s that I have worked with over there years there, plus the local TM there is a complete IDIOT! if you aint a bible person he wont even consider you for a position no matter your background. Conway is not the perfect company, no company is. It is all up to how much **** can one put up with before that person snaps and say I have had enough. I think a alot of people that work here forget where they came from, that crap job that only paid them 13 an hour and had to work 60 hours a week just to get by.

No I have to disagree...I do remember where I came from...Its a company you might not of knew existed ....it was called Leaseway that was bought out by Penske....and in the late 80s and early 90s it was a linehaul job paid between $55000 and $70000 a year and all you did was drive....but that was then and this is now...and yes they operated at huge profits....the profit sharing checks every year proved that....but the whole industry has changed....what hasnt changed is the amount of money I earded but the rent (mortgage I pay has quadrupled).... all I am trying to say is they treat thier drivers like crap...and the idea that it is a priveledge to work there and not only will you eat this **** sandwich you will enjoy it is the problem....question...were you working there when the video came out that they wanted to be thier own bank so we are cutting the pay, 401 match ans freezing....actually eliminating the pension.not to mention the year of vacation that was lost..trying to make us believe we didnt lose the vacation because you will still gat youre vacation next year..oh ya i forgot.....you are losing 10 sick days but you are gaining 5 personal days that are harder to get than pulling teeth....and youre medical insurance going from about $20 a week to $80 a week....be thier own bank at youre expense....now this is not and attack on you...but some of us came from companys that did not act this way.... ..now i am not asking to be treated like a prince just a person....but think about this wasnt all those cuts alot to swallow in one sitting...while being told you are lucky you have a job....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think another big problem is they put such high goals on the fos bosses that they feel alot of the pressure...alot (most of them) are underpaid..they are all on salery...then they see the top drivers earning $75000 to $100000 a year....all the while thinking they are the backbone of the company and that stupid driver makes all that money....they were lied to when they were told they need to figure that 14% ICP into youre salary..14% of nothing is still nothing...and it ticks them off..,.makes them miserable and in turn they take it out on the drivers....now all of you seeing that $ figure and think I should be working there...its only a select few...it takes 5 and a half yrs to get to top scale...and it involves 12 to 14 hr a day work days....

I agree they Should make more Money But Sir with all due Respect I refuse to be called a Stupid Driver Some of us Dumb Drivers actually have an education we just choose to drive For the Freedom it provides us I'm Sorry I couldn't do no desk Job it is not in me Too Boring !! Please keep these bad Remarks to your self some of us do not appreciate it !!!

No I have to disagree...I do remember where I came from...Its a company you might not of knew existed ....it was called Leaseway that was bought out by Penske....and in the late 80s and early 90s it was a linehaul job paid between $55000 and $70000 a year and all you did was drive....but that was then and this is now...and yes they operated at huge profits....the profit sharing checks every year proved that....but the whole industry has changed....what hasnt changed is the amount of money I earded but the rent (mortgage I pay has quadrupled).... all I am trying to say is they treat thier drivers like crap...and the idea that it is a priveledge to work there and not only will you eat this **** sandwich you will enjoy it is the problem....question...were you working there when the video came out that they wanted to be thier own bank so we are cutting the pay, 401 match ans freezing....actually eliminating the pension.not to mention the year of vacation that was lost..trying to make us believe we didnt lose the vacation because you will still gat youre vacation next year..oh ya i forgot.....you are losing 10 sick days but you are gaining 5 personal days that are harder to get than pulling teeth....and youre medical insurance going from about $20 a week to $80 a week....be thier own bank at youre expense....now this is not and attack on you...but some of us came from companys that did not act this way.... ..now i am not asking to be treated like a prince just a person....but think about this wasnt all those cuts alot to swallow in one sitting...while being told you are lucky you have a job....

the benefits justified everything else....but they took most of that away while posting huge profits....they were never in any financial trouble to justify the cuts...all they had to say was that the banks are making it harder to get loans and we need to be our own bank and thats what makes conway...in my opinion a lousy place to work for

driver I never said that ...re read the post ...i said they were thinking dumb driver...and I drive for the same reasons you do....if drivers were stupid I would of been stupid for the laast 27 years....maybe I am...haha

I agree they Should make more Money But Sir with all due Respect I refuse to be called a Stupid Driver Some of us Dumb Drivers actually have an education we just choose to drive For the Freedom it provides us I'm Sorry I couldn't do no desk Job it is not in me Too Boring !! Please keep these bad Remarks to your self some of us do not appreciate it !!!

driver I never said that ...re read the post ...i said they were thinking dumb driver...and I drive for the same reasons you do....if drivers were stupid I would of been stupid for the laast 27 years....maybe I am...haha

I don't believe they think we are stupid near as much as inattentive and unwilling to "buck the system," so the ability to take advantage is in their corner.......and advantage they do take.

I don't believe they think we are stupid near as much as inattentive and unwilling to "buck the system," so the ability to take advantage is in their corner.......and advantage they do take.

SO TRUE...I stand corrected.......I guess you could say its like being married to a decent provider but being beat on mentally every day by youre spouse....that saying "you had to be there".....I was and still cant believe what I saw and experienced

Can you guys elaborate on everything that you lost? What did you begin with, i.e. Pay, 401K, Insurance, Sick days, and what did you end up with?

Can you guys elaborate on everything that you lost? What did you begin with, i.e. Pay, 401K, Insurance, Sick days, and what did you end up with?

Incentive pay, 10 sick days, pension, a year of vacation, 401k match, best insurance to not so good insurance, stupid time off during hooks and drops for road drivers, ot after 50 in the south, had a 5% reduction returned along with a slight increase this year. Prolly some more that i left out, but that's a brief summary.