Estes | Is Estes a good company to work for?

at least I got a job.

Now you're sounding more like a regular guy.. No GREAT companies are left my friend.. You may be glad you're gone from Estes because of your disgust with them, but it wasn't because of the money you earned.. It just didn't go the way you wanted it to go.. And that's fine.. The one thing that I can tell you is, you're not alone.. Everything didn't go the way I wanted it to go, but the horror stories from other drivers at other companies kept me here... I could have been retired form the Teamsters 4 years ago if I would have transferred with them after Red Ball shut down.. But I chose to stay at home.. See, not everything works out like you plan.. But hey, only working 4 more years than I planned, isn't too dang bad...

I think every job has its good, and bad. I think it all comes down to what you choose to focus on. In my time with Estes I have found that for the most part the quality of my job depends a lot on my own attitude. Even at its worst it beats a day flipping burgers, or working in a dark dirty factory.

It's a good company to work for. If you're on the extra board you're going to be hauling EXTRA freight!

Chicago is a :shit:ty terminal and generally a bad place to drive a truck for any company.

For those of you who say there are jobs where you don't wait I can only laugh. 25 years in. My TM hears me, the safety guy hears me.

They don't rub my tummy and tell me bedtime stories though.

All I know is I'm pulling down $66k per year and running 7.5 hours a day.